Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 08:42 AM   #1
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
SR AVC-R rpms not matching tach.

i have my avc-r all wired in. and i am almost 100% sure i did it correct. i wired the rpm signal wire into the rpm wire coming off the ecu unlike some people who choose to wire it into the injector wire.

but when i set the display for my avc-r to show revs they dont match my tach. i do have a 180sx gauge cluster. but my tach is right on. cause i have bounced it off my rev limitor at 8 grand a couple of time.

its kinda hard to go through and set up the controler over the different rpms if they arnt matching up. or will it still be all right. ?

could it be that i didnt go through the self learn mode correct?
and if that is the problem i only did that as a temporary deal until i go through and set it up manually for every gear.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
^^Are you running stock ECU? If so, I believe the Rev. Limit is not 8k but 7,200 RPM - goodluck

Are the revs. matching up on idle or is it just the rev. limit?
Old 07-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #3
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
yea, stock rev limiter is not 8k
Old 07-03-2008, 12:20 PM   #4
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
not sure if this makes any difference, but the rpm is different between my tach and my AFC NEO readout. i noticed this while setting my timing. im not sure if it did this before i got my tuned ecu or not...
Old 07-03-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
SoguRacing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
SoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfectionSoguRacing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SoguRacing
i think that there is a setting in the avcr for adjusting the rev reading. i'm not 100% sure about that but i have the avcr too. take a look in the manual
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 PM   #6
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
lol i have an enthaply tuned ecu. with limitor set at 8000. and no its not matching up at idle either. it is higher at idle then way low at WOT.

^ i know there is points you have to go through and set up. which could possibly be it. but one of the start up deals is turn it on and see if RPMS match. hmmm so i am not sure.

its not telling me my speed correct either. i think that might be becasue the avc-r is in KPH and the ECU is telling it MPH. but itsa retop ecu. i know my bigger tires through it off i nthe back. but the speed thing is closer to correct the slower i go.

i soldered all the wires no but connectors for me. and its boosting fine. and controlling boost fine. its not exactly really stable yet. casue i just have it on auto mode.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #7
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

well i messed around wit hsome settings. and i thought i had it set on 4 cilinders. but no it was set on 6 and it was set on gear as 4 when it should have been two. but thanks anyhow guys lol.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:24 PM   #8
reccakun08
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
reccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the roughreccakun08 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
haha that happened to me too. u should of searched for one of my old post.
Old 07-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #9
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah i did alot of searching on how to set it up and stuff and only came up with one site for doing. it. so i went through and did the whole procedure today. ..... well i guess this thread is done.
Closed Thread