Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
EMS GURUS. little problem , need some help

Just finished my motor yesterday and installed the EMS loaded a basic map cars runs fine idle fine too but i have no rpm no temp and the ac relay gets no signal?

was running a power fc b4 the ems and all this that is no working with the ems was working fine with pfc
i have a 91 sr so i bought the 30-1601 EMS .
thanks

TRUE thing: True ////OFFSET\\\\ is acheived without spacers
Running on E85 570whp Precision 5862....laggy as fuck. hate it
ROIDMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 08:42 PM   #2
ho1ywars
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
ho1ywars is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
did you dl the new maps from aems forum? are you running a maf setup still or the map setup?
ho1ywars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
ho1ywars
Leaky Injector

msg me on aim if you get this soon.

hoggiemakinmasta
Old 07-02-2008, 08:49 PM   #4
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

ROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfectionROIDMONKEY is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ho1ywars View Post
did you dl the new maps from aems forum? are you running a maf setup still or the map setup?
we used a map that my friend was running on he's s14 sr. No running maf.running the temp air sensor and the 5 bar sensor. Should I dl the map from the aem forum?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:53 PM   #5
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
msg me on aim if you get this soon.

hoggiemakinmasta
I'm at the grocery store. Not home. Be there in an hour or so. Thanks bro if u have the link for the new maps can u please post it here ?

Old 07-02-2008, 08:57 PM   #6
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
Sounds like an output config problem.

You shouldn't use the S14 ecu maps.

But, you can t the wiring from the cas onto the tach out wire to get the tach working, but like I said before, it sounds like an I/O config issue. Try swapping the configs manually between maps by running two instances and loading base map into software, and change values live on the ecu from the base map.

Good Luck, did you change your cas wheel yet?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #7
ho1ywars
Leaky Injector

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,17194.0.html

dl this. then open up aem pro, go to open.. and under the aem file start up calibrations. select the one for 1601 MAP. make sure you select hte one for a MAP sensor. if you scroll down after clicking on a file it shows you what aem used to set up the map.

go throught ALL THE WIZARDS under

view
wizards
you definiely have to change your map sensor, i believe aem used a 3.5 bar map sensor

change everything to match your setup..

if your using the aem wideband sinc that. and last go to configure, ecu setup, and set up your timing and your tps. this should get you started.

your running an s14 map on an s13 ecu... start your own map homie
Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 PM   #8
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
http://forum.aempower.com/forum/inde...c,17194.0.html

dl this. then open up aem pro, go to open.. and under the aem file start up calibrations. select the one for 1601 MAP. make sure you select hte one for a MAP sensor. if you scroll down after clicking on a file it shows you what aem used to set up the map.

go throught ALL THE WIZARDS under

view
wizards
you definiely have to change your map sensor, i believe aem used a 3.5 bar map sensor

change everything to match your setup..

if your using the aem wideband sinc that. and last go to configure, ecu setup, and set up your timing and your tps. this should get you started.

your running an s14 map on an s13 ecu... start your own map homie
thanks bro, reason we put the s14 map is cause we didn't have a laptop other than my friend at that specific time 3 am. so wwe wanted the car running to drive home . now that the car is running i can fix all this . need to buy a cable adapter since my laptop is new doesnt have that type of port. ill get it tomorrow

Old 07-02-2008, 10:11 PM   #9
BiG MiKE86
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
BiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really niceBiG MiKE86 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BiG MiKE86
^^Custom Cables goto www.mycablemart.com
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #10
johngriff
Post Whore!

johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
You don't need a custom cable, you just need a usb to serial adapter. BUT one that comes with software to emulate the serial port.

FYI.

Frys.com or something to that effect.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
ROIDMONKEY
Nissanaholic!

yes , bought it at bestbuy and loaded the 1601 and did all the wizard for the MAP and air temp. car is running ok ,enough to get me through the braking period. i discovered a plug that is not plug(3 cable one) in underneath the manifold hanging , looked around a lot but i couldnt find where it goes. cheking tomorrow with my mechanic, thats maybe why my rpm or temp gauge wont work, not big deal , im sure he will fix it. we finished the car at 4 am we were tired bro.