Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-18-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Silvermine Motors - Brake parts for Z and S chassis

Every now and then I come across a company that is likely nothing more than a guy with a shop at his house and some good ideas or part offerings with a simple website. This is that case. I'm not sure what the size of his outfit is, but he was on top of getting my order out and his pricing leaves me wondering if he makes any money at it. Either the case, I just bought a set of Z33 Track sized rotors and adapter brackets for my Z32 brakes. The price is unbeatable and the quality was everything you would hope it to be (realizing it's just a small machined bracket).

The guys name is Edan and he offers all sorts of brake and suspension parts for early Z car, 510's and S-chassis alike. If you've never heard of them, give them a look.

I'm a fan and they're worth putting the word out for.

http://www.silverminemotors.com/

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^Looks pretty dman legit. He needs to be a vendor on here...
Old 06-18-2015, 12:01 PM   #3
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
I know; right?!

SHIFTlock_slide to side

Old 06-18-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
He doesn't wholesale anything
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #5
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Seems pretty solid. I'd imagine his brake kits are gonna blow up soon, in a good way. Would've been convenient if I didn't have to piece together my rear z32 swap
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:14 AM   #6
zeitgeist
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (21)
zeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of lightzeitgeist is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Does this z33 rotor and bracket combo leave that big gap of unused brake pads as well?
zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #7
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
He doesn't wholesale anything
and...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeitgeist View Post
Does this z33 rotor and bracket combo leave that big gap of unused brake pads as well?
They all leave a gap since the pad size of the Z32 caliper is simply smaller, but that doesn't mean that you can't take advantage of the physics of increased leverage and it being a larger heat sink. I'm still bedding my pads in, but the initial bite on the brakes feels much better. I can't wait to see how they do at my next track day. Not to mention, they look WAY better in the wheel now (18").

SHIFTlock_slide to side