Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-03-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
rains14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
rains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Help with LSD s13 1990

I got my s13 like 2 moths back and it came with a Kazz 2 way LSD and it's killing me cuz I don't drift I'm more into track and touge what LSD can I put in my car that works and would not cost me allot maybe something I can pick up from a junk year like a 300zx read end or something .
rains14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #2
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rains14 View Post
I'm more into track and touge what LSD can I put in my car that works and would not cost me allot
There are a bunch of threads arguing which is better. Read them and find what you like.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Nothing wrong with your 2 way! Its not made for drifting but it is the best for drifting. All a 2 way does is locks your wheels on deceleration and acceleration. I would just keep it
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:05 PM   #4
stinky_180
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
stinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud ofstinky_180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to stinky_180
learn to drive?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:08 PM   #5
thejapino
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
thejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfectionthejapino is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Try not accellerating or decellerating during a turn, it wont lock up. Switching from a 2-way to a vlsd would be a serious downgrade.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
HLSD aka Helical LSD aka Torsen

you can source a helical LSD from an S15 Silvia Type R.

i just did this.

on ebay there are a few right now. you NEED to swap output shafts because the s15 helical lsd uses a 30 spline shaft. they will bolt up to your 6 bolt axles.

this type of LSD is better suited for road racing and things of that nature.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
frosti108
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
frosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nicefrosti108 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to frosti108
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejapino View Post
Try not accellerating or decellerating during a turn, it wont lock up.

lol

honestly if you give it a try with the 2 way, you might like it, a lot. at 1st i thought my welded was going to suck for grip... but i found it handles like a go kart its just all about you adapting your style to your car.
Old 07-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #8
rains14
Zilvia Addict

rains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nicerains14 is just really nice
cool guys I will take all this info
rains14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 12:46 PM   #9
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky_180 View Post
learn to drive?

do this. i second to that
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote