Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-15-2018, 05:02 AM   #1
Pixel6

Trader Rating: (0)
Pixel6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Subframe Swapped / HICAS Deleted

So after starting this project some time ago, I’ve finally got my rear swapped.

Car is a 91 Silvia with the Super HICAS that never really worked right. Light was always coming on.

So, bought a junkyard S13 240sx subframe, cleaned it up and kept the frame and LCA. just about everything else got replaced.

New:
Energy Suspension bushings, ISR upper control arms, traction & toe links, Wheel bearings & bearing hubs, Brakes pads, Rotors, Brake kit rebuild, Fully serviced the JDM CV axles, Hydrolic braided lines, Hand brake cable lines, Small hydronic brake lines and T junction, ball joints, and eccentric camber/toe locking bolts.

I bought the HICAS delete kit originally thinking I was just going to lock it out... but ended up replacing the subframe instead and using the “U” fitting in the kit to loop the power steering line for now. I chose to connect it further back on the line at the last junction rather than at the end of the lines as intended, but it works fine.

Other than the exhaust having a tight fit and needing some padding to keep from clunking, everything went fairly smoothly.

Pulled the HICAS computer today from the rear passenger firewall, and voila... no more light haha.

Feels great! Quite a bit more LSD noise now though.
Pixel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links