Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #1
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Maverick06xx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Plese anyone help

Alright, I need help from any s14 guru's. I have a 95 s14 that ive spent a lot of cash on and im pretty much tapped. Yesterday i had my car towed to a shop to get tuned. The car has power fc d jetro and tunning went great. My problem is, this car has an extremely hard tine trying to start. I originally thought it was like this because of the tune but its not. The shop got the car to start with starter fluid, so its like there isnt any fuel supplied on start up. You can turn it over and smell some fuel but it wont catch and fire over. I've exhausted myself on reading and found some people say its an eccs relay. Ive bought a new one and installed it and still no dice. I dont have much cash but i would be wiling to pay someone to help me out. I am a first time poster and dont know anyone here on the forum or anyone experience with s14s. I hope pray someone is willing to help me out, located in Raleigh nc if that matters.
Maverick06xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

So with my test light the eccs has power with car switched off. Once i turn ignition on the eccs has no power, is this normal?
Old 06-09-2018, 12:34 PM   #3
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the on position? Is it a steady, firm noise? Check voltage at the fuel pump wires and check fuel pressure. Make sure all vacuum lines are intact and your MAF/MAP is wired correctly. Also try retiming your cam angle sensor.
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #4
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the key to the on position? Is it a steady, firm noise? Check voltage at the fuel pump wires and check fuel pressure. Make sure all vacuum lines are intact and your MAF/MAP is wired correctly. Also try retiming your cam angle sensor.
Thanks for a fast response, the car has just been tuned on power fc d jetro. Timing was advance to spin over faster but never catch. Then he put it bac where its suspsoe to be when tunning. He got the car to 100mph speeds and shut car off while rolling in the dyno he tried to start it and nothing, so he put in gear and pop the clutch to get back started. He did this several times also adding fuel for start up and reduce and nothing. My eccs relay has power when car switched off but not when car is switched on.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:40 PM   #5
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

The fuel pump primes but the eccs has no power on my test light the light goes out when switched to on position. The fuel pump had power ad i watch my light turn on when switched on
Old 06-09-2018, 12:46 PM   #6
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

I read some others had this problem here when going to power fc so ill check some fuses as i dont have a multimeter or anything. The shop is closed so im prettymuch working on it outside
Old 06-09-2018, 01:04 PM   #7
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Does anyone have a picture of there eccs wire side so i can see if mine is correct? Right now while car is switched on the black and red wire has no power but 3 2 and 5 has power. Mine is wired like this #1 red/blk #3 red #2 red #5 blk/white
Old 06-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #8
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Now when i try to start the car the relays click on then off and repeats....i have no ideal whats going on now.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:02 AM   #9
gaz_moose
Zilvia Member

gaz_moose is an unknown quantity at this point
sometimes you have to swap some of the wires on the big blue ecu plug when fitting a power FC to a euro spec sr20det s14 as the jap spec wiring is slightly different.
gaz_moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz_moose View Post
sometimes you have to swap some of the wires on the big blue ecu plug when fitting a power FC to a euro spec sr20det s14 as the jap spec wiring is slightly different.
Whats the wires that needed moving and whats the process?
Old 06-12-2018, 12:38 PM   #11
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick06xx View Post
My problem is, this car has an extremely hard tine trying to start. I originally thought it was like this because of the tune but its not. The shop got the car to start with starter fluid, so its like there isnt any fuel supplied on start up.
why do you believe that its not the tune?
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #12
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

The car has been tuned. Plus i got the car started before the tune so i dont beleive its the tune.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
btw a hardcore race tune can make an engine very difficult to start cold.

also it almost sounds like you have a 5 blade relay wired up wrong otherwise one hell of an electrical gremlin
Old 06-12-2018, 08:28 PM   #14
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
btw a hardcore race tune can make an engine very difficult to start cold.

also it almost sounds like you have a 5 blade relay wired up wrong otherwise one hell of an electrical gremlin
Well like i mentioned before the car had a problem starting before the tune. Few things ive figured out, my injectors have no power, pin 109 and 46 have no power also key off or on. If you know how i can wire the 5 pin relay please share with me. I ran a wire with fuse and hooked up to wires from pin 109 and 46 and attached to battery to see if that would give me power at the injectors and it did. I removed the wire though. When i try to start the car the relays click from the fuel pump and eccs relay click on off on off that order and i hae no earthly idea why. The car got started with starting fluid but not sure how the car ran with no power on the injectors.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:06 AM   #15
Maverick06xx
Leaky Injector

Does anyone know and have a picture of the fuse link for the s14?