Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
LeeMajors

Trader Rating: (0)
LeeMajors is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Best place to find S13-15 chassis???

Hello! This is my 1st post/thread, although I've been registered for awhile now, and I'm finally in a position to start looking for a decent S13-15 chassis but before doing so I wanted to get some feedback from the guys/gals in-the-know.

So I'm wondering where are the best places to look for these cars (in the U.S.)? And what's the going rate for one in a relatively good condition?... ie. no frame rust etc... I don't care about the body so much, as I do body repairs often, but the engine and chassis should be "healthy" at least. Also, is there anything that y'all would suggest I watch out for when looking at these? Thank you all in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2017, 01:30 PM   #2
Nubs
Leaky Injector

Nubs is an unknown quantity at this point
The southern states are your best bet for a healty chassis. Engine doesnt really matter on location, more so on the owner. S13/s14 are gonna be easier to find and cheaper to. Except to pay 3k-8k for a clean, healthy, low miles, stock car.
S15 are harder to find stateside. Because it's jdm AF I'd expect to pay a lot more just for the chance of it being seized and crushed by the feds. Just wait until they're legal for 25 y/o import.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
LeeMajors

LeeMajors is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
The southern states are your best bet for a healty chassis. Engine doesnt really matter on location, more so on the owner. S13/s14 are gonna be easier to find and cheaper to. Except to pay 3k-8k for a clean, healthy, low miles, stock car.
S15 are harder to find stateside. Because it's jdm AF I'd expect to pay a lot more just for the chance of it being seized and crushed by the feds. Just wait until they're legal for 25 y/o import.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Thank you... and I didn't realize the S15's weren't legal here? Idk why but I thought that was only a Skyline thing? Meh, learn something new everyday! Lol! Thx again
Old 10-07-2017, 01:51 AM   #4
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
This thread is already an L for you. Way to go. Been a member and still can't do any homework.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #5
Gremo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Gremo can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMajors View Post
Thank you... and I didn't realize the S15's weren't legal here? Idk why but I thought that was only a Skyline thing? Meh, learn something new everyday! Lol! Thx again
Your question was answered by the first reply. I'm in New England and usually search south/southwest for a decent chassis. You can just ignore the rest of the tool bags that will just comment without any useful input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #6
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
I frequent the Atlanta craigslist, and any major nearby cities.
The higher prices usually come from tennessee, especially Knoxville.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Japan, 20 years ago. Before american wanna-be drift kings realized that the chassis had potential and started destroying them or charging ridiculous amounts of money fo hacked up vehicles. Other than that, it's a crap shoot. The whole "Southern States" thing, or "Avoid the Rust Belt" thing... CarFax is your only hope. So many cars are transferred around the country from auction sales, that you can't tell where a car comes from without tracing the VIN.

Bottom line: Good luck, do A LOT more research.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:56 PM   #8
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremo View Post
Your question was answered by the first reply. I'm in New England and usually search south/southwest for a decent chassis. You can just ignore the rest of the tool bags that will just comment without any useful input.

...'tool bags' huh? The dude doesn't even know that the S15 is illegal here. Helping out someone who clearly can't do the smallest bit of research seems pretty 'tool bag-y' to me. Should I just welcome another uneducated dipshit into the ever-shrinking pool of s-chassis cars? I mean it's worked out great so far, right? Shut the fuck up.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:50 AM   #9
Gremo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Gremo can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
...'tool bags' huh? The dude doesn't even know that the S15 is illegal here. Helping out someone who clearly can't do the smallest bit of research seems pretty 'tool bag-y' to me. Should I just welcome another uneducated dipshit into the ever-shrinking pool of s-chassis cars? I mean it's worked out great so far, right? Shut the fuck up.
Tool bag was putting it lightly. If your offended by it then its meant for you. You waste more time commenting on everyone's post with absolute shit than you do contributing anything useful. Don't be a tough guy behind your keyboard.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:41 AM   #10
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just like there'll always be a white knight...
This is zilvia, being insulted has a lot to do with the learning experience. No safe spaces in here.

Last edited by feito; 10-09-2017 at 06:05 PM..
Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #11
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremo View Post
Tool bag was putting it lightly. If your offended by it then its meant for you. You waste more time commenting on everyone's post with absolute shit than you do contributing anything useful. Don't be a tough guy behind your keyboard.
I'm not being a 'tough guy'.

I'm not telling a perceived imbecile where to go find clean S-Chassis cars...when someone says I should help someone like this I get frustrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Just like there'll always a white knight...
This is zilvia, being insulted has a lot to do with the learning experience. No safe spaces in here.
Exactly. Why the fuck would you help someone that doesn't even know what chassis is available in the US? Red flag number one. Can't to their own research? Red flag number two.

Stop morons from buying these cars. It's simple.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #12
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeMajors View Post
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_S_platform
Old 10-22-2017, 01:59 PM   #13
idea

idea is an unknown quantity at this point
If you're asking where to buy an S15... That car is NOT the car for you. Please just stick to S13's and S14's instead of buying an S15 in grey market and risking it getting impounded because the idiot seller told you it's totally legal because it's "registered".
Old 10-22-2017, 08:07 PM   #14
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Can you point me to the search function?
Old 10-22-2017, 10:56 PM   #15
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
best place to find a chassis is the west coast (AZ, NV and CA) for a sans rust setup. there a ton of importers her in the US for JDM chassis. Best bet is to try https://www.japaneseclassics.com for grey market cars.

THREAD LOCKED!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread