Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:34 PM   #1
s13poop
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
s13 Transmission repair/Rebuild shops?

Looks like my third gear synchro's are starting to go and was wondering if anyone has experience with a good transmission repair shop in the area?

last shop I went to in El Monte quoted me $1500

I haven't seen any decent used transmissions on the classifieds and with my luck they'd probably be worse than the one I have..

any insight will be appreciated

thanks

Last edited by s13poop; 03-10-2016 at 11:01 PM..
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2016, 10:31 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Im planning on doing it myself when the time comes. It can't be that hard, and the KA trans is identical inside so you can use the KA english instructions and KA rebuild kit. I need to 100% confirm this (it isnt a priority) something to think about though
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #3
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
1,500 sounds about right from a reputable shop.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:36 PM   #4
s13poop
Post Whore!

s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
Im planning on doing it myself when the time comes. It can't be that hard, and the KA trans is identical inside so you can use the KA english instructions and KA rebuild kit. I need to 100% confirm this (it isnt a priority) something to think about though
True that I just don't have the time/space to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli9000 View Post
1,500 sounds about right from a reputable shop.
Word I was hoping there were some alternatives but I guess not
Old 03-12-2016, 02:55 PM   #5
mau5trap
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
mau5trap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mau5trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13poop View Post
Word I was hoping there were some alternatives but I guess not
convert to a vg transmission
Old 03-28-2016, 07:39 PM   #6
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mau5trap View Post
convert to a vg transmission
Was thinking of that but a couple of 240sx buddies pointed me towards Anaheim gear so I might try going that route first
Old 03-31-2016, 06:21 AM   #7
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I just got mine back from Anaheim Gear. They did a great job. When I called to ask for a price quote, they told me they start at $350 and go up to about $750 depending on what it needs. Mine was $750
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #8
MrMigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
MrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond reputeMrMigs has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to MrMigs Send a message via AIM to MrMigs
^ nice. any idea if they'll rebuild an sr transmission? supposedly the same but i dunno if they're EXACTLY the same..

Drifting is just a compromise between you and your car.
MrMigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #9
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataXUnknown View Post
I just got mine back from Anaheim Gear. They did a great job. When I called to ask for a price quote, they told me they start at $350 and go up to about $750 depending on what it needs. Mine was $750
Perfect dude this is what I was looking for!

Have you driven the car with the new tranny installed? If so how is it??
Old 04-17-2016, 04:10 PM   #10
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMigs View Post
^ nice. any idea if they'll rebuild an sr transmission? supposedly the same but i dunno if they're EXACTLY the same..
the front part of the tranny, bell housing? is different and the gearing is slightly longer on the SR Tranny than the KA. Internally it's basically almost exactly the same
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:13 PM   #11
dizi

Trader Rating: (0)
dizi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
had my honda trans rebuilt at Anaheim gear. I had ran it low on oil and welded the gears to the shafts. New everything, $700 out the door. Worked flawless up until it got stolen

+1 anaheim gear
dizi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 02:21 PM   #12
s13poop
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizi View Post
had my honda trans rebuilt at Anaheim gear. I had ran it low on oil and welded the gears to the shafts. New everything, $700 out the door. Worked flawless up until it got stolen

+1 anaheim gear
Thank you for the info guys much appreciated
Old 04-25-2016, 11:29 AM   #13
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SR Trans only has a slightly shorter 5th gear. ALL of the gears are not shorter.

I've got two sr trans for sale btw.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #14
Btaztic

Trader Rating: (0)
Btaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enoughBtaztic will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hey guys,

Don't mean to thread jack, or awaken the thread from the dead, but I figured I'd post here rather than start a new thread for a rather similar question.

How much would it cost for a drop, rebuild, and reinstall on a 97 S14 transmission? I know you guys mentioned Anaheim Gear for a rebuilt transmission, but they don't uninstall and reinstall.

I'd prefer to just go to one shop that can do it all to limit the downtime on my car, as it is my daily, I don't have the means or technical skill to do it myself, and I kinda need it back on the road sooner than later.

I'll give Anaheim Gear a call in the morning to see if their prices reflect those mentioned in this thread, and then hopefully I can just find someone to do the drop and reinstall if all else fails.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Btaztic is offline   Reply With Quote