Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #10381
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
FormulaDz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
I will also say that the FRS/BRZ/GT86 pretty much is the modern version of a bone stock U.S. Market S13 and that is exactly its biggest problem.
Toyota and Suburu made the exact same misstep that Nissan made . This time in fear of the BRZ over shadowing the BRZ.
Hence modern car could be so good but comes so crippled in my opinion.
I think you mean "in fear of the BRZ over shadowing the WRX."
FormulaDz92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM   #10382
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
One more nail in the coffin.

The Ultimate Boring Machine coming soon.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/stick-b...l-free-future/
Old 03-15-2017, 05:01 PM   #10383
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Hey and THIS is cool. Perfect this and it'll be great for the industry in general.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/magna...e-future-cars/

Ford has some catching up to GM to do as far as weight savings and this is just good news industry wide.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:28 AM   #10384
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Looks like a Supra to me. Even those taillights.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/toyot...#slide-4712993
Old 03-18-2017, 03:00 PM   #10385
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Very Supra like and not sure if I like it looks wise. It looks kinda like a blown up Z4.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 03:32 PM   #10386
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Very Supra like and not sure if I like it looks wise. It looks kinda like a blown up Z4.
Tough to judge it wrapped up. We should know soon.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:30 PM   #10387
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
I think you mean "in fear of the BRZ over shadowing the WRX."
Ya that was a typo because I was tired lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #10388
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

GT500 spied with vents and a big wing.

http://www.autoblog.com/amp/2017/03/...ent-spy-photo/
Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #10389
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Very very excited to see one of those on the road or at the track.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #10390
stukellymotorsports

stukellymotorsports is an unknown quantity at this point
lincoln ls
stukellymotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #10391
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by stukellymotorsports View Post
lincoln ls
So confused by this post. So vague, yet somehow still relevant. And it's their first post.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:44 PM   #10392
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
So confused by this post. So vague, yet somehow still relevant. And it's their first post.
?? The Mustang used to be loosely based on the Lincoln LS. The S197 chassis was a modified DEW chassis with different suspension and made cheaper. I'm not sure how closely related the S550 chassis is but if this wikipedia page is correct, it's just a heavily revised version of the S197. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D2C_platform

Other than that, I have no idea what he's getting at.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:17 PM   #10393
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
?? The Mustang used to be loosely based on the Lincoln LS. The S197 chassis was a modified DEW chassis with different suspension and made cheaper. I'm not sure how closely related the S550 chassis is but if this wikipedia page is correct, it's just a heavily revised version of the S197. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_D2C_platform

Other than that, I have no idea what he's getting at.
Yeah I just meant the LS is at least RWD and came in a manual. Other than that I have no clue where he was going.

I've LONG said that Ford's revival of Lincoln hinged on a RWD sedan based on the Mustang platform (the same formula used to make Infiniti and Cadillac relevant). NOW however I'm not so sure. When even the King of the Hill 3 Series (and virtually every other luxury sedan in the market) is seeing a rapid decline, it seems the lame as public has moved beyond sport sedans and it's no longer a platform to build a brand upon. CUVs and EVs are the future.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:12 PM   #10394
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
When is the last time BMW put out a truly exciting vehicle? They've rested hard on those laurels.

I feel like there hasn't been a serious commitment to rwd outside of a handful of specific models. Lots and lots of not quite there. Stick shift and decent power literally is not much to ask for, but no one wants to do it.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:50 PM   #10395
MrBrightSide
Zilvia Junkie

MrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enoughMrBrightSide will become famous soon enough
The Japanese press reports that NISSAN is working on an small/medium sports FR platform, to revive the Silvia

MrBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 07:04 AM   #10396
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
When is the last time BMW put out a truly exciting vehicle? They've rested hard on those laurels.

I feel like there hasn't been a serious commitment to rwd outside of a handful of specific models. Lots and lots of not quite there. Stick shift and decent power literally is not much to ask for, but no one wants to do it.
I drove a 2 Series M-Sport at a press event a while ago and thought it was a really great fun-to-drive car. And if give any thought to what Jeremy Clarkson says the, M2 is truly great. The M2 is the new E46 M3 + turbo noises.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:34 AM   #10397
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
[QUOTE=MrBrightSide;6182783]The Japanese press reports that NISSAN is working on an small/medium sports FR platform, to revive the Silvia

Link? More info? Any sort of hard evidence or just speculation from the same magazine picture from a few pages ago in this thread?
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 08:00 AM   #10398
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBrightSide View Post
The Japanese press reports that NISSAN is working on an small/medium sports FR platform, to revive the Silvia

BS. Click bait essentially. Nothing has been uttered from Nissan about this since they axed the iDX.
Old 03-31-2017, 12:01 PM   #10399
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
When it's basically just a fanmade rendering on the cover, you treat it as automotive tabloids haha.
Old 03-31-2017, 03:07 PM   #10400
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
When it's basically just a fanmade rendering on the cover, you treat it as automotive tabloids haha.
And they didn't even remotely try using the V Motion 2.0 design language which is Nissans new direction.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #10401
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Some numbers reiterating what I've been saying about the decline of car sales.

http://jalopnik.com/nobodys-buying-c...1793959638/amp

This is also a major contributor to the decline of manual transmissions. Almost no one with an SUV wants to row their own. But man if I could have night my CX9 with a manual I 100% would have.
Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #10402
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Actually Mel even used car sales are off. Oh and people selling used cars are basing there selling price off of KBB online which quite often does not match real market value. Result is you see dealers offering used cars with warranty, for close to the same price as the private party used car prices.

It's pretty crazy I mean I see dealers offering stuff like a 2013 Ford Focus 45k on the clock with Ford certified pre owned warranty for under 9k listed price and people trying to sell the same car with 80k on it for 7-8k.
I have had my 2005 Sentra SER spec V up for sale for two months now for just over 3k on Craigslist it's clean paint nice, interior runs great , has average mileage for its age 123k .
It's dead in the water, I am probably going to blow it out the door for $2800-2900.

SER enthuisiasts will tell you it's worth 4K lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-03-2017, 06:01 PM   #10403
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Actually Mel even used car sales are off. Oh and people selling used cars are basing there selling price off of KBB online which quite often does not match real market value. Result is you see dealers offering used cars with warranty, for close to the same price as the private party used car prices.

It's pretty crazy I mean I see dealers offering stuff like a 2013 Ford Focus 45k on the clock with Ford certified pre owned warranty for under 9k listed price and people trying to sell the same car with 80k on it for 7-8k.
I have had my 2005 Sentra SER spec V up for sale for two months now for just over 3k on Craigslist it's clean paint nice, interior runs great , has average mileage for its age 123k .
It's dead in the water, I am probably going to blow it out the door for $2800-2900.

SER enthuisiasts will tell you it's worth 4K lol
The figures are in relation to cars vs CUVs. People aren't buying cars anymore.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:55 PM   #10404
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The figures are in relation to cars vs CUVs. People aren't buying cars anymore.
I was completely aware of that.
just adding into the conversation with the fact that it's a overall phenomena . I.E. It's going on in the used car arena as well.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 04-04-2017, 07:04 AM   #10405
FormulaDz92
Leaky Injector

Maybe it's just me but isn't the typical crossover just a slightly taller wagon? You say the word station wagon to a person in their 20s or 30s and they cringe and say something like "That's what my parents/grandparents had," but then they waltz on down to the stealership and fork over nearly $30k for a wagon/hatchback that's lifted 2 inchs or an SUV that's been lowered 2 inches and think it makes them seem like fun, active people. I don't get it. Personally, I'd rather have a true car any day. In fact I drive a '94 Jeep Cherokee now and am seriously considering getting rid of it for a 06 ish WRX or (9-2x Aero (Saabaru).
Old 04-04-2017, 07:20 AM   #10406
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, pretty much a station wagon.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #10407
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaDz92 View Post
Maybe it's just me but isn't the typical crossover just a slightly taller wagon? You say the word station wagon to a person in their 20s or 30s and they cringe and say something like "That's what my parents/grandparents had," but then they waltz on down to the stealership and fork over nearly $30k for a wagon/hatchback that's lifted 2 inchs or an SUV that's been lowered 2 inches and think it makes them seem like fun, active people. I don't get it. Personally, I'd rather have a true car any day. In fact I drive a '94 Jeep Cherokee now and am seriously considering getting rid of it for a 06 ish WRX or (9-2x Aero (Saabaru).
Yes, their all essentially wagons. Over the last 25 years wagons have been few and far between. Believe it or not there's somewhat of a wagon revival about to happen. Which is great. I'd definitely get a wagon over a CUV, if only there was such a thing today as a three row wagon. My grandpa had an old wagon with the seat that faced the back. My cousins and I would have so much damn fun in that seat.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #10408
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i love my wagon!!! WAGON LIFE WOOT!!! zero complaints here! hauls everything i need it to... looks great, but needs a turbo!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:15 AM   #10409
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
looks great, but needs a turbo!

IMO, the single flaw of that car. One of my favorite wagons of all time.
Old 04-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #10410
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Right one cue, the Reagan wagon debuts. Doooope.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/04/04/2...#slide-4972405