Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #1
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Vertex Wheels

Why are these things so popular and expensive? They are good wheels no doubt but why do they have to be all embroidered with nonsense and look like complete ass? I realize its my opinion, am I alone?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #2
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Because Vertex wheels are made how Vertex wants to make their wheels, and people like them. Don't like it? Get a different wheel.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Oh subscribed to this...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #4
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Obviously I don't own one since my opinion is that they are ugly AF.

How about you RealSy? Do you think they are worth the price, actually look good, and not just different?
Old 11-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #5
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
quality and brand name.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:32 PM   #6
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
We have a small questions thread for a reason.
Old 11-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #7
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

I can dig that my bad, can mods please move?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #8
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Worth is up to the prospective customer. I like some of their wheels, I dislike others.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:45 PM   #9
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i expected to see turboshoebox as the OP
Old 11-21-2018, 08:07 AM   #10
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This same question can be asked about tons of parts.

Anyways, I don't run a vertex. I don't like dished wheels, for 240's anyways.
Old 11-21-2018, 05:32 PM   #11
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I think they look tacky
Old 11-21-2018, 05:56 PM   #12
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
i expected to see turboshoebox as the OP
I'd make the same thread but replace it with grip royal
Old 11-21-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Why are these things so popular and expensive? They are good wheels no doubt but why do they have to be all embroidered with nonsense and look like complete ass? I realize its my opinion, am I alone?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
Old 11-22-2018, 05:07 AM   #14
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
VenomKillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Some of the newer ones have a bit too much, but most other older models don't. The quality of the wheels are superior compared to other cheap brands.
Old 11-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #15
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
YO my face exactly when i saw this thread lmao.

i love the way their wheels feel and look. I have the green 1996 one and looking to get another.

Some of the new models are tacky. They seem to be marketed towards the tacky stance kids.
Old 11-22-2018, 01:33 PM   #16
DJDANGER24
Nissanaholic!

DJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond reputeDJDANGER24 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DJDANGER24 Send a message via MSN to DJDANGER24 Send a message via Yahoo to DJDANGER24
Quote:
They're popular because of their high quality look and feel. Expensive because Supply<Demand. They have collaboration designs that are made one off and never re-created, maybe 50 wheels~ish? The other stuff is marketed towards other tastes. There are a shit ton of consumers out there that don't like everything you do, so why not capitalize off that?

I personally own the original Vertex 2006 wheel, King of Vertex and a 10 star. Iv'e previously owned Nardi's. I just prefer the Vertex now.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #17
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDANGER24 View Post
They're popular because of their high quality look and feel. Expensive because Supply<Demand. They have collaboration designs that are made one off and never re-created, maybe 50 wheels~ish? The other stuff is marketed towards other tastes. There are a shit ton of consumers out there that don't like everything you do, so why not capitalize off that?

I personally own the original Vertex 2006 wheel, King of Vertex and a 10 star. Iv'e previously owned Nardi's. I just prefer the Vertex now.

Yeah, Vertex made 50 pieces with Stancenation. I love it
Old 11-22-2018, 05:23 PM   #18
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
This thread is just as pointless as the rest of the recent discussions on taste. It’s all about preference, unless it’s ebay they’re almost the same. NRG makes quality wheels now, vertex has nice stuff, Nardi of course will remain the top for me (again my preference). It’s all about the hotboi preference, rock what you want fuck what anyone else thinks.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #19
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
sooo... dont buy one???
Old 11-25-2018, 08:54 AM   #20
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
I liked the wheels with the more simplistic designs. I have a 330mm deep Vertex red steering wheel from my old s14. It's almost 15yrs old at this point.

Now, every dick swinging lifestyle bigcartel brand seems to be coming out with a vertex collab wheel every couple months.

If you want a vertex/keys wheel without all the shit on it, just get one direct from ATC; they're the ones who produce the wheels anyways.
Old 11-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #21
Nostrildamus
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Nostrildamus is making a name for him/her selfNostrildamus is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've had 5 different Vertex wheels but I always ended up going back to my Nardi deep corn.

Vertex are hand made and the quality is unmatched compared to a lot of other wheels i've seen here in the US,they are worth the money imo.
Closed Thread