Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #91
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
Originally Posted by fckillerbee View Post
any info on the nistune product? Looking to do a roots setup, and wondered what you would prefer for a ka with a m62?
Roots as in roots blower?

PM me
Old 10-28-2010, 03:12 PM   #92
punxva
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
punxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfectionpunxva is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punxva
i haven't made it to the dyno yet but last time i tried starting my ka-t with the new 440cc injectors all it does is flood out and foul plugs, i used a base tune i got from steve for the ign and fuel map and i have the timing set dead on. Everything seems to be working got fuel, and spark, it just doesn't want to fire. Any ideas on it? I'm running bikirom (i know it sucks but its a hold me over until i get my built motor back from the machine shop)
not sure if you realize this

but when you knockup that skanky drunk sea donkey, you're gonna have to listen to her shit for the rest of your life

age 33 and you dont know your ass from your elbow

punxva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:53 PM   #93
steve shadows
Post Whore!

steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
I'm not sure what this has to do with dyno FAQ?

Have you tried contacting me privately?

I do not normally do any work for Biki Rom so this must have been quite a long time ago
Old 11-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #94
steve shadows
Post Whore!

email me [email protected]

Ill help ya out
Old 12-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #95
fullthrottle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
fullthrottle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Steve whats a good data logging software to use? I have a tuned factory ecu with an afc neo. I would like something to hooks up to my computer and logs it there so i can see the entire graph.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #96
steve shadows
Post Whore!

I would really really really highly suggest getting away from the AFC with tuned ECU Setup, in hindsight in 05 i found out that was one of the main reasons I kept seeing detonation intermittently due to this...

the new haltech systems are amazing with onboard data logging for days and fully configurable tabs like tab browsing for the internet...takes a bit to get used to from the older E units (which are still my absolute favorite haltechs) but they are great to use for street tuning, dyno tuning and on track, street data logging.

There is an apexi unit however called the multi-checker you can look into this or you can look into data logging options from some of the rom modifcation comapnies...

Seriously though if you have been tuning this long and even if your motor is a champ on the current setup, moving from that setup to EMS alone will improve HP, torque and controllability and you can data log for years!

You won't regret it, just start saving a little by little, I can always help you remote tune for cheapo too, if your setup is pretty conservative you can get better power and easily adjust the fuel trim (just like you are with your AFC) with out interrupting any critical inputs like MAF etc with only a few keystrokes too
Old 01-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #97
mopar_nismo

Trader Rating: (0)
mopar_nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
it has rb20det
apexi ax53b70 tubo
front mont mount
no cat 3" turbo back all the way
walbro 255
right now its on 14 psi
i just bought a tomei ecu set up for these mods plus i will be bringing a n62 maf and some injectors.
can u tune the tomei ecu or will i have to get a apexi safc or something along those lines thanks ill be back in cali in a week and would like to get it tuned in about a month thanks
i believe its a stage 1 tomei pregressive ecu thanks i have also persinaly emaild u thanks
mopar_nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM   #98
blingbling
Zilvia Junkie

blingbling is an unknown quantity at this point
Steve shadows, incredible knowledge and info useful to all tuners and customers looking to dyno tune in the future. I found this thread so useful Im dumbfounded
blingbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:32 PM   #99
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar_nismo View Post
it has rb20det
apexi ax53b70 tubo
front mont mount
no cat 3" turbo back all the way
walbro 255
right now its on 14 psi
i just bought a tomei ecu set up for these mods plus i will be bringing a n62 maf and some injectors.
can u tune the tomei ecu or will i have to get a apexi safc or something along those lines thanks ill be back in cali in a week and would like to get it tuned in about a month thanks
i believe its a stage 1 tomei pregressive ecu thanks i have also persinaly emaild u thanks

Got it thanks -

Anyone has direct questions on dyno or even dyno shops close to their area that I recommend if you're not in California I can try to help also.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #100
Praxis

Praxis is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackal264 View Post
here's one that come up all the time.
whats the difference between:
dynojet
dynapac
dyno dynamics
mustang dyno
etc.

and which is the best/most accurate?
The best dyno, currently, is an Aussie company called Mainline Dynolog. Its best feature imo is tha bi directional communication, usually over CANbus with over 50 ecus.

Accuracy is tough, because many factors come into play. It is well known that dynojet fudged their numbers high.

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/...-chassis-dyno/

For tuning, if it can hold steady state, its good to go. Load type dynos have a load cell that measures torque directly, but they still need to factor in roller inertia, absorber windage, bearing friction etc.

I've owned Mustang, Dynodynamics and mainline. Unmolested, they all read very close. But they are all very easy to fudge.

Dynodynamics and mainline are awesome for tuning as the rollers have crazy low inertia, and the brake does all the work. This means I can hit every single load point and cel that the car will ever see on the road.

I contacted Land and Sea at one time, and they could not do load control on the Dynodynamics dyno without adding a heavy flywheel to dampen the system. My old mustang dyno had a 2000 pound base inertia, and a dynojet is even more!
Praxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:07 PM   #101
Praxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
1. how/where is the wideband o2 connected at?
2. do i need additional bung?
3. any experience tuning rotary?
4. for ka-t setup, what "budget" fuel management system do you recommend?(you would be tuning it). 4b. fuel upgrades? injectors, fuel pump, and? fpr??
5. obd1 vs obd2, do I need to know anything if I am obd2?
1) best place for a wideband is immediately after the turbo, within say 18".
2) an easily a accessable second or 3rd bung is very welcome. If your ecu runs a narrowband, its best to keep that in place to verify operation during tuning. If ypu have your own wideban d, its nice to compare that with the dyno shops wideband.

MAKE sure your exhaust is good, no leaks, blown gaskets etc
Old 10-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #102
Praxis

In the Nissan world, the biggest typical mistake I see is careless maf plumbing, and open to atmosphere blow off.

You should recirc your blow off with a typical draw through maf system, and pay attention how its plumbed yo not introduce turbulance to the maf.

Plugs, 90% of applications shoukd use copper NGK 4644, gapped at 0.026".

Stock pump wiring sucks.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:57 PM   #103
rcefoonia

rcefoonia is an unknown quantity at this point
the best torque or power you can achieve with the minimum amount of timing in the tune. MBT can be achieved when you don't want to use more timing than you have to to hit your target output, the less the better.
rcefoonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:00 PM   #104
rcefoonia

rcefoonia is an unknown quantity at this point
VERY interesting... thank you
rcefoonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:15 AM   #105
kruked
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (37)
kruked is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Steve, I'm wanting to PM you about something other than this current topic but your inbox is full.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:58 PM   #106
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerometon View Post
I just ordered a dyno through pro slot. I was just wondering what kind of reviews it has gotten. Does anyone in here have one, and what kind of comments do you have on it.
Like for R/C cars?