Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
nosuitorty

Trader Rating: (0)
nosuitorty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rb25 A/C Compatibility

Getting ready to put my rb25det into my s13 hatch and wanted to know if it’s possible to still have working ac after the swap? Would the system even be able to fit in the bay or do I just need to wave goodbye to cold summer driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosuitorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
Dthomas88
Leaky Injector

Dthomas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I’m currently doing it in my RB25 S13 Vert, I’ve done almost everything just waiting on heat wrap for the suction line that goes from the compressor to the evaporator at the fire wall.

It’ll work you can use your stock lines from fire wall to dryer from dryer to condenser stock condenser too you’ll need to make custom lines from condenser to compressor and compressor to evaporator. If you got the stock 240 lines and at least the connections to the rb compressor you can have an ac shop make custom lines.
If you got any other questions let me know.
I’m only putting in ac for the wife and kids to ride along other wise they won’t even with the top down. They are spoiled
Dthomas88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 07:54 PM   #3
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I need to do this at some point also. I have the rb25 ac compressor and all the stock lines, BUT I cannot use the stock condenser as due to intercooler/radiator mods. so I will be running an aftermarket condenser/dryer setup from ebay.
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:52 PM   #4
Dthomas88
Leaky Injector

Dthomas88 is an unknown quantity at this point
What’s done to the radiator/ front mount? I’ve got a 2row mishimoto and I’m still using a z32 fan clutch and rb26 fan. And was still able to mount my stock condenser with my large front mount and oil cooler. Literally all I had to do was get two custom lines I already had the right fitting ends they just brazed on some ends to crimp longer hoses to. Hopefully this weekend I’ll take it to the ac shop and see if there is no leaks and then possibly charge that bad boy up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 939D11D8-3820-4329-B06D-96B769277D4E.jpg (366.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2F25E2D6-D266-40FB-8084-ECFD4C25820D.jpg (321.6 KB, 7 views)
Dthomas88 is offline   Reply With Quote