Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > Mountain States

Mountain States Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #1
BlacknboostedS13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
BlacknboostedS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Denver Colorado Area Ski Trip! Need help with a few things.

I booked a flight from Orlando, FL to Denver in late March this year. I've got a list of a few hotels to book and a vehicle to rent...

Only things I need advice on are:

Where can I rent affordable snowboarding equipment?
(Board, Bindings, Helmet and Boots)

Best affordable resort, not staying just skiing, to go to? Beginner riders (Looking at Eldora and Loveland)

Best places to eat and drink / Things to do in Denver or Boulder, things I just shouldn't miss?

I'll have 3 - 4 days to burn that I wont plan on skiing. Let me know what you guys come up with! Any help in appreciated
Old 01-03-2015, 06:16 PM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
If you have transportation from Denver, or Boulder, rent your shit off the mountain. If you're staying on the mountain, just rent it all there. It'll be more convenient either way.

There are about 1000 breweries between Denver, Boulder and between; I've only been to 6-700... LOL

You're best bet is to find a good bar with them all on tap, not the Yard House. Try Colorado+ or a dozen more tap houses like Falling rock or Fresh Craft in downtown Denver.

No resort area is going to be affordable, but AirBNB or VRBO are good options for large groups. The lift tickets are also expensive, except Loveland and Eldora.

Any way, HMU with some more question. I live about 15 blocks North of Downtown.
Old 01-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #3
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This should be moved to the regional section, but nobody really goes in there so I can see why you'd post this here. Pretty much what DET said... Also if you're in the mood to be touristy, things like the air & space museum is pretty cool if you're an av-geek, and there's plenty of good stuff to see just cruising around downtown, LoDo & Cherry Creek. If you're looking to check out the local car scene, we usually kick off our season for drift events some time in March, but you may still be a bit limited by weather and the nationwide meet on Sunday nights will probably be your easiest event to make it to. It's your typical bigger car meet, pulling in people from all folds from muscle, to euros, to the JDM-fanboys so be warned there will be plenty of pissing contests to keep you entertained, especially when they all go off on their post-meet cruise.

Ultimately the area's pretty diverse, with all the different parts of the front range having their own unique vibe. I'd say hit me up when you're in town, but I'm actually planning on being in Orlando around that time. Figures right? Who knows, maybe we can grab a drink at one of the airport bars if we cross paths.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Love Denver. There are a ton of little backstreet cafes and eateries that shouldnt be missed. Great pick of ethnic foods too.
cant beat all you can eat sush...although since you are from a coastal state youll notice the difference.

Car scene in denver is alive and popping. Nationwide meets are well into the 100's of members and turnout.

Highway crowd is great but i wont talk about that in the "open air"

Youll be up near some great driving roads. A good sountrack and a full tank will go a long ways!!

If you are downtown and you like a lager i do suggest Cheekymonk. Larimer sqare is just a good sight all around. The viewhouse off i25 is always busy. Ill post a review of it on monday as me and a large group are going sat night.

Have fun!!
Old 01-08-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
P.s. can always try to set up a big car meet from the different car clubs around. They are usually always down for a meet.