Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-12-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
Beas
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Beas is making a name for him/her selfBeas is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Formula Drift 2016 discussion

Hey guys, I wanted to get a thread going to talk about the season. I thought last weeks long beach event was pretty epic despite the rain. Denofa's battles had me jumping in the stands. knocking out Forsberg with a pass, then vaughn and Aasbo. Impressive.

I did feel pretty bad for moen. wrecking his car on a parade lap has got to be frustrating.

What do you guys think of the new builds?

overall champ predictions? I'm going to predict Odi. I don't think Aasbo can keep blowing motors and win it again.
Beas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's crappy american formula nascar drifting w/ ugly cars and a far car from what og drifiting was. Wait is that what you wanted?
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Too late to unfuck this thread...

Honestly, I used to like FD...but I used to be a dipshit and I have since realized my mistake.

I like drifting for the style and the fun of the sport. FD is the complete opposite of both of those things. There is ZERO fucking style and it really isn't fun to watch, it's mediocre at best.
Old 04-12-2016, 09:54 PM   #4
Beas
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
I like drifting for the style and the fun of the sport. FD is the complete opposite of both of those things. There is ZERO fucking style and it really isn't fun to watch, it's mediocre at best.
where is this amazing ultra stylish drifting happening that you like? or do you just want to bash on FD cause it makes u feel better?
Old 04-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #5
Dat_SilEighty
Leaky Injector

Dat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her selfDat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas View Post
where is this amazing ultra stylish drifting happening that you like? or do you just want to bash on FD cause it makes u feel better?
Final Bout, DriftMuscle, D1SL (and some GP), plus plenty of grassroots/non-competitive guys all over the world just to name a few...

Old 04-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #6
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
FINAL BOUT FTW!!! BEST EVENT OF THE YEAR!!!

Formula D... meh, they stopped coming to Vegas, I dont give 2 shits anymore!

Plus OMFGWTFBBQ!!! DRAG RACING THRU TURNS WITH 1000HP CARS THAT NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND CAN COMPETE WITH!!! yeah, real cool!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:17 AM   #7
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Formula Drift was cool.......in 2007-10
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:25 AM   #8
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Formula drift wouldn't be as bad if ppl stopped getting screwed.

Up and comers always get screwed going against the fat cats... ( not the OG's fault but damn) Forsberg vs hollendahl at 2015 Texas explains it.

And fuck Ryan sage ....Deanda is alright but fuck the announcing....

And the chick who interviews is terrible////. Hire Danny George
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:37 AM   #9
RurouniMidnight
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
RurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to allRurouniMidnight is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
As for round 1 in Longbeach it was a shit show up until top 16. Canceled qualifying Friday because of a drizzle, then people going like 5 miles per hour and spinning crashing during top 32 and those that cant even drift a parade lap and smash into the wall, pretty rediculous. Pair that with whatever comes out of Ryan sage mouth and the horrible cars that people almost seem to go out of there way to look uglier than what should be possible and it makes for a depressing venture. Im glad Chelsea won, i enjoyed watching him go against the odds and take out the top 4 drivers back to back to back was really something and congrats to him. I honestly think the series is in a downward spiral with drivers dropping out and sponsors and well i dont blame them.

http://nightparade.wordpress.com/

Join in on instagram @nightparade
RurouniMidnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:39 AM   #10
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Formula drift wouldn't be as bad if ppl stopped getting screwed.

Up and comers always get screwed going against the fat cats... ( not the OG's fault but damn) Forsberg vs hollendahl at 2015 Texas explains it.
Here's the video if anyone's wondering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5DFhPEzRRA
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:10 AM   #11
JustCallMeTakumi
Leaky Injector

JustCallMeTakumi is an unknown quantity at this point
Everyone will talk shit on FD, and I agree it's getting worse every year. It's still drifting and it's still exciting and fun to watch if you follow drivers just like any sport if you follow a player or driver you will get excited for them. Chelsea personally is my favorite driver in FD and I have been following him for years. He's the one that got me into it in the first place. So for me, this event was great and I was jumping all over the stands and screaming and cussing and such as the American that I am lol. Everything was horse shit up until top 16. That top 16 was one of the best judging and drifting I have seen in FD in the past few years of shit. We will see how the rest of the season goes. I enjoyed watching it a lot more than round 1 of the D1GP this year so far.
JustCallMeTakumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:25 AM   #12
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
All hating aside, what is appealing about watching an entire FD event? I can't even go to a grassroots event to watch if I'm not driving. It's so boring.
Old 04-13-2016, 07:44 AM   #13
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
All hating aside, what is appealing about watching an entire FD event? I can't even go to a grassroots event to watch if I'm not driving. It's so boring.
I feel the same way. I can't go to events if I'm not driving, I'm bored before I've been there an hour.

I still try to watch FD (when I remember it's on), but it does seem to be going down hill. Fewer drivers, fewer big name sponsors, etc. I've pretty much given up on expecting any cool cars in FD, but I'll still watch because it's drifting. Kind of.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #14
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Ill be honest, the Long Beach round (top 16) was one of the better rounds ive seen. Yes, the top 32/ "qualifying" was a total shit show, but I think no matter what they did, people would bitch. Cancel qualifying, people call them pussies. Hold qualifying and everyone wrecks, people call them idiots. No-win situation for them.

Watching top 16, and I had a hard time staying interested. When everyone has 1000hp and 90 degree angle kits, I can't manage to be impressed. Some of the tandems were cool, and denofa following Forsberg was definitely impressive, but the rest was meh.

Jrod still irritates the FUCK out of me, how he gets paid to "announce" an event is beyond me.

FD: "hey we should hire a loud guy to yell WHOA DOCTOR a whole bunch at our events"

Sage: I know just the guy

Jrod: WHOA DOCTOR, FORSBERG FORSBERG FORSBERG VAPE WAVE

FD: YOU'RE HIRED

pretty much 0-5% of the FD cars look ok imo, the rest, led this year by mohan, are varying degrees ranging from bad to terrible.

In other news, there are still rad grassroots events happening all over

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:04 AM   #15
krampus

krampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Seriously?
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:11 AM   #16
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

THE FUCK?

Do you even grassroots drift bro?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:48 AM   #17
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
FD has gone downhill. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY downhill. That said, I still enjoy watching it because it's one of the few drift events I can readily see as it's going on. Being an old man in the NE with a garage full of commuter cars and kids sport hauling ish, making it to events just to spectate, let alone drive in, is getting more and more difficult as the years roll by. I couldn't tell you more than 5 or 6 drivers, tbh. Outside of the original DA guys, I don't follow too much else. But, I follow those few guys and I'm happy when they win.

That said, I still think that overall, FD has turned to ish. But, it's all I got really. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 04-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #18
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
So my only question/concern is, uhh, what are they gonna do about lack of drivers... I have only seen the top 32 part of the stream so far, but my understanding was they only had 32 drivers, hence skipping the qual. I am hoping that like 15-20 drivers either A, didn't make it, or B, wrecked, because if it carries on that they are hovering around the bare minimum all season long that's terrible... They lost quite a few drivers this season, and from the looks of the top 32, there were another 4-5 guys that don't belong.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:22 AM   #19
boost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
boost is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i think they wanted ~35 "pro" drivers to keep the entertainment up. 60 solo qualify runs was too boring. if you dont make that cut you're in pro2. i think top 8 pro2 for the year get a chance at pro
boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:04 AM   #20
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
I still enjoy formula D is it getting worse, yes sadly I agree. meeting the drivers is always great though, they are super friendly and love their fans.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:12 AM   #21
Beas
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
for me its seeing my fav drivers advance and do well. Mad mike, wang, denofa. maybe that's why I loved round 1. Denofa has been a favorite for years, and he dominated this round.

I agree though, I cant watch the local pro/am or practice. I need to drive to have fun.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:18 AM   #22
Beas
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister.E View Post
THE FUCK?

Do you even grassroots drift bro?
yep, vegas drift. ill see you out there tonight right?
Old 04-13-2016, 10:20 AM   #23
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I still enjoy watching FD Atlanta cause of the track layout!
Old 04-13-2016, 12:43 PM   #24
Beas
Zilvia Member

I do think if FD had more exciting track layouts it would seem less like "sideways drag racing". it does bother me when they run a track with only 1 transition. florida track last year was horrible. I would love to see them use a road course with an elevation change and 3-4 turns.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:53 PM   #25
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Quote:
yep, vegas drift. ill see you out there tonight right?

Nope, I'll be busy tonight. I rarely go to the events anyway; I don't really like to watch other people drift. Once my car is finished you'll see me out there all of the time.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM   #26
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Hey guys, I wanted to get a thread going to talk about the season. I thought last weeks long beach event was pretty epic despite the rain. Denofa's battles had me jumping in the stands. knocking out Forsberg with a pass, then vaughn and Aasbo. Impressive.

If it wasn't for this post, I would not believe that anyone actually gives a shit about this trash anymore.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:01 PM   #27
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self

Plz kill me

Old 04-13-2016, 03:30 PM   #28
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM   #29
Mister.E
Post Whore!

^ Intentionally big af to get the point across
Old 04-13-2016, 03:46 PM   #30
Beas
Zilvia Member

you guys are just bringing the site down. no wonder the "doing it wrong" thread is so popular. If you don't like FD, go somewhere else.