Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Z Chassis

Z Chassis Technical discussion related to the Z Chassis such as the S30, S310, Z31, Z32, Z33 and Z34.

Old 03-31-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
Thedriftbadger
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Thedriftbadger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Z33 no spark, no injector pulse

Can't get my 05 g35 rev-up to start. Here's the backstory of the car; I bought it for next to nothing after the previous owner tried to change the head gaskets, failed, and gave up. So i tore the motor back apart, replaced everything the po did, entire top end. Everything done according to the fsm. Went together fine, has compression, timing is right. Will crank all day long with not even a hint of trying to start, no spark, no injector pulse.
Now, the thing is I've never seen the car run, so i'm really starting from nothing here. I don't know if it died while driving, or if the head gaskets were even bad to begin with. No codes either, so that's helpful.
Possible causes: crank angle sensor, flywheel installed wrong, bad ecu, security problem. Anything else?
I've read a million threads about security problems with these cars. Seems like it's very common. Everyone says the security light will stay on if it's a problem. Mine never comes on at all, so i don't even know if the light works. The car also has an aftermarket replacement key. So that whole situation is a mess in itself.
My question is, is there anyway to know for fact whether it's a security issue? I'd really hate to tow this thing to the dealer for them to tell me it's fine.
Thanks in advance
Thedriftbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2018, 08:14 AM   #2
apex128
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My dad used to own an 03 G35 and from what I can remember the cam angle sensor prevented the car from starting or at least it made it run terrible. I'm not sure if the ecu uses the crank angle sensor or not.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote