Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-24-2018, 07:50 PM   #1
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Half-assed liveries

So I’ve been seeing the trend of doing one side of the livery and leaving the opposite side’s lettering in the same alignment rather than flipping them during editing before print so their sponsors and team names can actually be read on both sides. Is this some grass roots trendy shit people have caught on or just pure laziness I honestly don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough

Ex ^

Old 04-24-2018, 08:01 PM   #3
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Reversing the decal is symmetrical. That's the better looking way to do it.
What you're saying is to do it the wack way.
Also, they aren't simply printing the same decal twice, the decal for the other side has to be reversed.

Both sides of the car have the letters in the same places, with the same orientation, read the same way (back to front). Doing what you said would make for an awkward presentation as the text may not occupy the space in the same pleasing way.

Symmetry is always aesthetic.

For example; the car you posted, imagine how awkward trying to fit the short, big, blocky word "GAS" in the small area behind the tire... It would look silly, cramped, and/or cut off.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:04 PM   #4
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
"Symmetry is Beauty"

I agree, it looks retarded. Honestly though, how many liveries look really good? Most have way too much going on, I get it for a car that is sponsored by companies competing on a professional level. They pay that spot light as a car flies down a straight or goes backwards into a wall, but just because Mishimoto "sponsors" you and gives you half off their wack products doesn't mean you need their name plastered all over your car...
Old 04-24-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
joshg51
Zilvia Member

joshg51 is an unknown quantity at this point
If the fact that drifting is nothing more than a game of dress up for cars and pretending we're D1 drivers goes over your head then you are a dumbs. Just let us enjoy be automotive nerds. Also I don't see how mirroring is lazy when you have to flip all the graphics to make it different for the other side unless you think vinyl is sticky on both sides. I'm down for mirrored liveries as long as it doesn't look like those highlighter ADHD storms FD cars have.
Old 04-24-2018, 08:20 PM   #6
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshg51 View Post
If the fact that drifting is nothing more than a game of dress up for cars and pretending we're D1 drivers goes over your head then you are a dumbs. Just let us enjoy be automotive nerds. Also I don't see how mirroring is lazy when you have to flip all the graphics to make it different for the other side unless you think vinyl is sticky on both sides. I'm down for mirrored liveries as long as it doesn't look like those highlighter ADHD storms FD cars have.

Oh no believe me I totally understand that drifting over here is basically dress up. The other one thousand “teams” were a clear indication.

Old 04-24-2018, 09:48 PM   #7
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Not too sure how long you guys have been into s chassis. But back in the day late 90's early 2000's all the livery's were reversed like the pictures posted above. Obviously they are styling their cars to basically pay homage to the cars of that era. Hence the styling/livery's.
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:02 PM   #8
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
"new trend"

FWIW I personally don't like the idea of running a livery on a street car
Old 04-24-2018, 11:14 PM   #9
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
So I’ve been seeing the trend of doing one side of the livery and leaving the opposite side’s lettering in the same alignment rather than flipping them during editing before print so their sponsors and team names can actually be read on both sides. Is this some grass roots trendy shit people have caught on or just pure laziness I honestly don’t get it.

Spongebob as your avatar, 'boi' in your name, talking about this like every 'cool guy car' from the late 90s didn't do this as well...

...you just outted yourself, m8.
Old 04-25-2018, 07:56 AM   #10
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As posted above, this has been done for years. Not a new "trend" thing. The people that do it know the roots of drifting in japan and are paying homage to that styling. Head to youtube and watch some old doriten vids and d1 vids from 2000-2007 and you'll get it.

That is the peak era of drifting for many. Not like the neon energy drink designs and style of modern FD drift cars.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:28 AM   #11
KiDyNomiTe
Post Whore!

KiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond reputeKiDyNomiTe has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to KiDyNomiTe
I used to have a lot of people (non car people just out on the street) ask me why my stickers were backwards. They all understood when they looked at the other side.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #12
Jorgs_7
Zilvia Junkie

Jorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really niceJorgs_7 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Spongebob as your avatar, 'boi' in your name, talking about this like every 'cool guy car' from the late 90s didn't do this as well...

...you just outted yourself, m8.
LOL

Honestly,

OP, you clearly haven't been around long.. these are not half assed at all. Half ass-ing would be printing the same decal twice.
Jorgs_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:56 AM   #13
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Excuse me for my dumbfound curiosity. Just had to know and yes I am relatively new to schassis culture.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #14
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
reverse lettering on one side looks 100x more appropriate on a car. don't care if its in America or japan, whatever.

your idea is dumb.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:00 AM   #15
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Please tell us more about your inexperienced and uneducated opinion.

This is going well.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #16
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
..... ......
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #17
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Dis was good.
Thnx 4 that.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #18
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
so if you're gonna post up pics of the guys "doing it wrong" then post up pictures of the way you think it should be done. actually add some substance to your own thread. instead....nope, just "oMg tHeSe gUyS aRe hAlF aSsInG iT!!!"
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 PM   #19
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
I am relatively new to schassis culture.
Perhaps the wise thing to do in this situation would be to ask, "Hey, why are most liveries done this way?" instead of asking in a negative, condescending tone. I think that's the reason you're getting these types of replies.

Welcome to the S chassis community.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 01:04 PM   #20
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Perhaps the wise thing to do in this situation would be to ask, "Hey, why are most liveries done this way?" instead of asking in a negative, condescending tone. I think that's the reason you're getting these types of replies.

I’ll admit it is a personal bad habit, wording really did put off what was intended.

Old 04-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #21
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Old 04-25-2018, 02:36 PM   #22
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
As posted above, this has been done for years. Not a new "trend" thing. The people that do it know the roots of drifting in japan and are paying homage to that styling. Head to youtube and watch some old doriten vids and d1 vids from 2000-2007 and you'll get it.

That is the peak era of drifting for many. Not like the neon energy drink designs and style of modern FD drift cars.
^^^This.... x9000
Old 04-25-2018, 02:47 PM   #23
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Are there any examples of liveries like these in more traditional motorsports? F1, WRC, NASCAR etc.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:04 PM   #24
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post

such a thoughful response... well said.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:23 PM   #25
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Most logos are designed to flow from left to right therefor when you put them on the right side of the car all the logos look like they are moving forward. Styling wise it looks better to have them flipped so that they are flowing towards the back of the car. I've run into these problems when people want their large logo placed on their door and it flows against the livery design.

Also what Jorgs_7 pointed out it takes longer to design/cut/print the decals this way because they all have to be flipped and possibly take up more material space.

Everyone else pointed out all the other details that this isn't new and has been around for almost 20 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Are there any examples of liveries like these in more traditional motorsports? F1, WRC, NASCAR etc.
Nahh those series have cars that are intended to be billboards and keep the high dollar sponsors happy.
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 05:39 PM   #26
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

I see. I thought it would’ve been as easy as just flipping in editing with a few scaling rearrangements and printing.

Old 04-25-2018, 06:11 PM   #27
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Props for taking it in stride...but yeah man just do some homework. If people are neg-repping you for being a good sport, they're wrong.

Welcome to the shitshow.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:58 PM   #28
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
There are a couple reasons to mirror sponsor stickers, but the biggest reason is to maintain the flow/symmetry of the design on each side.

Rule of thumb is to mirror the (U.S.) passenger side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post
Also what Jorgs_7 pointed out it takes longer to design/cut/print the decals this way because they all have to be flipped and possibly take up more material space.
Mirroring an image doesn't change its dimension, and it doesn't take extra time to reflect a group of sponsor for production. Laziness has nothing to do with it like someone stated earlier.

Solely a stylistic choice - whether you want to maintain a consistent look on each side of the car, or pay homage to some of the iconic drift cars from the past.
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:12 PM   #29
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
As a noob i already know the only suspension companies you know about are:

Fotune auto
Feal
BC
PBM
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:45 PM   #30
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
As a noob i already know the only suspension companies you know about are:

Fotune auto
Feal
BC
PBM
Dude what are you ever even talking about. You're just as bad as this guy. lol 'fuckoutta here. Be nice to your twin brother.