Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 09-22-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
SRpetey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thumbs down Sideways Performance nightmare

So today I took my car over to sideways performance in Santa Ana to have a y-pipe fabricated in order to mate my sikky headers to my Apexi catback exhaust and be done with the swap since my welder took a dump. I talked to him over the phone and explained what i wanted and he said he can fabricate one with no problems for $250 or a few bucks more. I towed my car over there because I was running with open headers. I got there and showed him a reference pic of what i wanted and he said that that was what he was planing on doing.

Heres the reference picture

And heres what i ended up with. They cut my catback.....WTF

Did I mention that he said that this is the best way I would have clearance and the best flow

and heres the clearance

SRpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So, what did he say when you showed him the reference picture compare to the BS you have in the other pictures?
Old 09-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #3
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Damn that's some ugly ass work
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:33 PM   #4
OutlawLui
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
OutlawLui is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
hahahahahahaha

Cant they cut all that off and re-weld the piece back on?
Old 09-22-2015, 01:55 PM   #5
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damm they fucked that up very well lol
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:44 AM   #6
Yellow4g63
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
Yellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of lightYellow4g63 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Yellow4g63
Crush bent piping too lol.

95 240sx RB20 415whp
91 Nx2000 VVL yo
Yellow4g63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
SRpetey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
SRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really niceSRpetey is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
So, what did he say when you showed him the reference picture compare to the BS you have in the other pictures?
He said that the way he did it would give me a better flow and a lot more clearance. He said that he did what he thought was best. I was like you do what the paying customer wants not what you think its best without discussing it with the customer first. I had given him a $150 deposit that he wouldn't refund because according to him he did his job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpanamajack View Post
hahahahahahaha

Cant they cut all that off and re-weld the piece back on?
Don't laugh man I'm still hurting......lol. He offered to fix it but I didn't want to take my chance on him messing it up more. I got my welder fixed and welded my exhaust back. I bet they would have cut above the welds and then I would have lost like 3 inches form the apexi exhaust since it was shoved in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow4g63 View Post
Crush bent piping too lol.

That's the first thing I asked. I told him I didn't want crushed bends. I asked him if he had pre mandrel bended pipes and he said they did.

I think what they did was droved it across the street and have the muffler and radiator shop do it.

Oh and apparently I wasted his time.
SRpetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 01:07 AM   #8
Chops13

Chops13 is an unknown quantity at this point
man im sorry to hear... iv been to that shop and it is a f-ing mess in there... there is trash and $h!t everywhere!! i feel sorry for who ever goes to that shop or has been there.
Chops13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 PM   #9
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Lol it's been a long time since I've been around Zilvia, and this is the first thing I see in my local community. There is a long as reputation with this company, I'm extremely surprised he is still in business. I've never had any work done there, but I've been there and met the owner, he seemed like a cool guy but it also seemed like he actually lived there at the shop. This was back in 2009 though.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:04 PM   #10
JZZ30_GTE

JZZ30_GTE is an unknown quantity at this point
These guys did a 2JZGTE VVTi/R154 swap into my SC300. Let's go over the miracle story of how the hell am I still alive and how is my motor running:

- 1350 driveshaft adapter place had 1 bolt holding it together (should be 5 W LOCKTITE!)

- Worst oil pan sealing job I've ever seen in my entire life and even on google. My oil strainer had chunks of sealant in it

- No coolant overflow tank installed. Instead, they used a rusty screw to block the hole from the hose coming from the top of the radiator

- Coolant was a dark brown (almost oil-like). Did a coolant flush immediately, and felt 10x better about the cooling system

- They didn't lube the aluminum lug nuts that they installed on the wheels that I purchased through them, so they fused with the wheel studs

- They made a "Sideways Performance" hybrid harness inhouse for my swap, but I later confirmed with Tweaked that this was their harness 100% (quoting Tweaked via email, I attached a pic of the harness for them to see it)

- The motor mounts had no supporting bolts installed. Yes, I said that correctly. I figured this out when I drove it 80 miles with pretty aggressive vibrations, and told myself that it was from the polyurethane material in the mounts, but come to find out, there were no bolts holding my motor down, just the trans mount, and speaking of that...

- The trans mount needed to have two holes tapped/drilled in order for it to work with the R154 in the SC. Apparently, they didn't have the resources to tap/drill it, so they used a GRINDER to grind out chunks of the mount in order to get the bolts to the trans through..

I haven't even gone through everything yet because I'm pissed about what else I'm going to come across...
JZZ30_GTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
t3chnique
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (-1)
t3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura aboutt3chnique has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
anyone have some more recent experiences with em?
t3chnique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:34 AM   #12
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3chnique View Post
anyone have some more recent experiences with em?
why? cuz a decade of sketchy work and bad experiences isn't enough to convince you to stay the fuck away?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote