Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:32 PM   #31
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I always wanted to get into this as my good friend has a few and was always trying to get me to buy one and go to meets. It looks like mad fun, but I don't need to add another expensive hobby to an already large list.
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2010, 02:25 PM   #32
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
Haha indeed that is me. I still can't figure out a way to keep the rear planted off throttle.
Less rear droop. less weight transfer from rear to front.
Under braking or just off throttle? are you running front one-way? that can be it too.

take my advice with a grain of salt though... your car is faster than mine on the track.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 10:28 PM   #33
articdragon192
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJASPY View Post
Less rear droop. less weight transfer from rear to front.
Under braking or just off throttle? are you running front one-way? that can be it too.

take my advice with a grain of salt though... your car is faster than mine on the track.
Off throttle and braking.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 12:02 AM   #34
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
wow. These toy cars are pretty cool. how fast do they go stock and built up?
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:48 AM   #35
Nizzan4u2nv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Nizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura aboutNizzan4u2nv has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nizzan4u2nv
Ive recently got back in this hobby. Current building an tamiya f103gt for a time attack setup. Not a very easy chassis to run but its gonna be fun hopefully.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:51 AM   #36
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
my buddies and i been racing onroad off and on since 97. with all this advance time, tekkin R esc boosting, lipo +65c...... its just not fun anymore. so we went back to our roots, cheapo tamiya M-chassis and stock mabuchi silver can motors. only mods are tires, suspension, and weight reduction. so everyone is fair.

it might look slow and lame, but is fun and no track free. we stop racing at the local indoor track and do this twice a month....

home made track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdqIFY3kMYg
Old 11-01-2010, 04:31 AM   #37
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
i just got in to this... starting off with a hpi sprint
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:09 PM   #38
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (15)
90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
i kinda wish i never sold my stuff right about now
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #39
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Hey redsquare..thats why you run in stock spec class!
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #40
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
been wanting to get a short course truck, looks like fun and keep it for spec racing.. since i live in a dirt area now.

Been wanting to try a kyosho mini z for around the house.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #41
articdragon192
Post Whore!

articdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfectionarticdragon192 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to articdragon192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
my buddies and i been racing onroad off and on since 97. with all this advance time, tekkin R esc boosting, lipo +65c...... its just not fun anymore. so we went back to our roots, cheapo tamiya M-chassis and stock mabuchi silver can motors. only mods are tires, suspension, and weight reduction. so everyone is fair.
You should see the FF class races. All mabuchi powered. And still fast. Those guys gear to the moon on the FF 1/10 cars. Tamiya really designed the new FF chassis really well.

Need help?
Click here
Still stumped?
Try this
Can't find what you're looking for?
Here you go.
articdragon192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:02 AM   #42
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by articdragon192 View Post
You should see the FF class races. All mabuchi powered. And still fast. Those guys gear to the moon on the FF 1/10 cars. Tamiya really designed the new FF chassis really well.
yeah, my buddy runs in the FWD 1/10 class in TCS, and they look very quick and grip like touring cars.

i just couldnt hang any more with the 17.5 sportman class, when they were using tekkin R and advance timing. they where running as fast as 13.5. ive heard now they have to have a different class for esc with timing boost. but i havent checked it out lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
Been wanting to try a kyosho mini z for around the house.
austin, when you get a mini-z, come race at my buddy place. and make sure you get the newer MR-03 mm 2.4. we run stock motors with any chassis mod.

i have mr-02 mm (in pink)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAGgOvaNKv4
Old 11-04-2010, 04:45 AM   #43
JayDee M Rolly
Nissanaholic!

JayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really niceJayDee M Rolly is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to JayDee M Rolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
i kinda wish i never sold my stuff right about now
you and me both my friend lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taniguchi_Is_#1 View Post
are you an angel? because i want to put my penis in your vagina.
http://yourenotdown.net/
JayDee M Rolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #44
Angelo se3p
Leaky Injector

Angelo se3p is an unknown quantity at this point
i have a hpi sprint 2

but got the castel sidewinder motor in there.. i think i broke the servo tho.. cause now it wont go into reverse anymore..
Angelo se3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 09:17 PM   #45
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
broke the servo because it wont go into reverse...wat?

Look up how to reprogram your ESC, that thing should have multiple settings, one of them being with reverse
Old 11-05-2010, 03:28 AM   #46
inlinejoe

inlinejoe is an unknown quantity at this point
i need to get one of these so bad, i dont know any other company tho besides team losi that makes them and there is anoter i cant think of. whats a good place online to look at differnet cars.
inlinejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #47
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^ HPI was another company ::HPI RACING::
That's what I used to run back in the days...10 yrs ago

Retail shop: Hobby Shack

Edit: Oh shit, I just got on HPI website, after 1o yrs, this Z caught my eye
http://www.hpiracing.com/kitinfo/100594/

Thanks alot inlinejoe!!!
lol
Old 11-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #48
WIKID S4TEEN
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
WIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her selfWIKID S4TEEN is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90hatchie View Post
i used to also

r32.4 HOLLA
Doesn't it suck, after all these years, no one has came out with a method of attaching the body without those post?
That's the first thing that gave it away [car not being real]
Old 11-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #49
sdterrible1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
sdterrible1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Does anyone have a 1/18 scale car? I have a HPI RS-4.
But it needs more power haha its not that fast. And i wana find some drift tires!
sdterrible1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #50
Angelo se3p
Leaky Injector

Angelo se3p is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
broke the servo because it wont go into reverse...wat?

Look up how to reprogram your ESC, that thing should have multiple settings, one of them being with reverse

i did that before, and it worked, but i hit the wall pretty hard, and ever since it has worked right lol
Angelo se3p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #51
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKID S4TEEN View Post
Doesn't it suck, after all these years, no one has came out with a method of attaching the body without those post?
Custom Velcro mounts and the abc stealth mount kit are great options!

Problem with attaching Custom Velcro mounts and even the abc stealth mount kit though, are the bond between the mount and the paint/body. something has to give, like the paint comming loose from the body...

ABCƒzƒr[»•iFƒXƒeƒ‹ƒXƒ}ƒEƒ“ƒg
Super_OK_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 01:27 AM   #52
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
im sure theres a homedepot fix for this lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 02:10 AM   #53
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIKID S4TEEN View Post
My dads cars all have post like that, but instead of them sticking up all far and having to use the little clips, he has screws he uses to screw into the top of the posts. You can't even tell they're there on some of his bodies. Just a suggestion.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:13 AM   #54
90hatchie
Banned from the Marketplace

90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection90hatchie is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to 90hatchie
i normally cut my posts really short that r32.4 was a brsand new ta3f chassis and going on ebay so i couldnt cut the posts

example
90hatchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #55
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Super_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud ofSuper_OK_S13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
im sure theres a homedepot fix for this lol
haha i work at home depot... nothing there to fix that.

but carbon fiber hood look is smoke paint, carpet tape, and gunmetal/black paint in that order.

more of my car.

and chassis pics.

Old 11-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #56
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
This thing's rad in the nerdiest way possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek18b_jimmy View Post

Doesn't the servo control steering?
Old 11-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #57
Super_OK_S13
Zilvia Junkie

yep the servo controls steering. why do you ask?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #58
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelo se3p View Post
. i think i broke the servo tho.. cause now it wont go into reverse anymore..

Old 11-16-2010, 12:22 AM   #59
NINJASPY
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
NINJASPY is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by J3123MY View Post
wow. These toy cars are pretty cool. how fast do they go stock and built up?
20mph bone stock, easily get to 25-35 for under 100(motor/esc), any faster than that, its very difficult to control and very easy to break, either by crashes or by brute power of the motor. Can get to 50-60mph quite easily if parts don't break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzan4u2nv View Post
Ive recently got back in this hobby. Current building an tamiya f103gt for a time attack setup. Not a very easy chassis to run but its gonna be fun hopefully.
f103 is very light, compared to a 4wd sedan, but the traction issues pushed me away from buying one. I read that most run softer/wider tires in the rear and narrow/regular compounds in the front. What body are you running? that is the main reason why I would get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
yeah, my buddy runs in the FWD 1/10 class in TCS, and they look very quick and grip like touring cars.

i just couldnt hang any more with the 17.5 sportman class, *snipped*
run 17.5 spec(no boost/timing esc), something like the cirtix stock club race system which is about 80-90 and includes esc and motor. I run cirtix with 17.5 motor and 21.5 motor. With the 21.5 I can keep up beat 17.5 guys if they crash or take bad lines. There are pretty much 2 classes, ones with open esc and others with spec/no timing esc class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlinejoe View Post
i need to get one of these so bad, i dont know any other company tho besides team losi that makes them and there is anoter i cant think of. whats a good place online to look at differnet cars.
Depends on what parts/car your local hobby store stocks or races. I would go to the local store and see what they run. My store stocks tamiya parts so I went with tamiya.
NINJASPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #60
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

No timing is the way to go. With a dialed in car you can reach 17.5 unlimited lap times