Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM   #7141
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
I do like the way Rocket Bunny exposes meaty tires instead of hiding them. It seems like it's EVERYWHERE I look online, but they really are rare to come across in everyday life. I have yet to see even one RB kit with my own eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The S14 kit with the round headlights though almost make me want to get one and do that. It might help me get over the idx.
That kit on the S13 coupe would be perfection and a great IDX substitute.
Old 02-26-2015, 04:02 PM   #7142
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The S14 kit with the round headlights though almost make me want to get one and do that. It might help me get over the idx.
get over the IDx and test drive a new Ecoboost Mustang

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 04:10 PM   #7143
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
Sounds like good advice. But I'm gonna exercise a little patience and keep an eye on what's going on with Hyundai/Kia. There's a little bread crumb trail of clues they keep dropping that I hope leads straight to the GT4 Stinger.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:17 PM   #7144
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
It is pretty safe to say the Mustang is basically the Silvia of the US.

Silvia K's - basically the V8 GT Mustang
Silvia Q's - basically the mid-tiered turbo-4
Silvia J's - basically the V6 volume seller

All are moddable and caters to different crowds that desire the same chassis.

Ford's upcoming Fiesta RS is probably equivalent to the Stagea wagon with an RB haha.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 PM   #7145
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_DJymSL8Rs
Old 02-26-2015, 09:23 PM   #7146
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
im just all around tired of rocket bunny... i give the guy a ton of respect for his designs and doing everything himself, but i cannot stand the way his parts look. especially now that rocket bunny is the only thing you see on any car anymore.

Agreed. I also feel it's not super original.

Liberty copied Rocket Bunny who copied RWB who copied Porsche GT2 who copied Bushwacker....
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #7147
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:

What did I just hear(see)?!!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #7148
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yes, buy an Ecoboost Stang and then spend the rest of your life getting spanked and laughed at by the GT owners. In the history of automobiles, whenever you see car models with different horsepower options, the smaller displacement, slower car is always viewed as the feminine/girlie model. I've seen more female than male Ecoboost Stang drivers. If that doesn't bother you, then yeah, go for it. Follow your heart.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 10:19 PM   #7149
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If that bothers you the trim level of the car you drive is the least of your worries.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:52 PM   #7150
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
It is pretty safe to say the Mustang is basically the Silvia of the US.

Silvia K's - basically the V8 GT Mustang
Silvia Q's - basically the mid-tiered turbo-4
Silvia J's - basically the V6 volume seller

All are moddable and caters to different crowds that desire the same chassis.

Ford's upcoming Fiesta RS is probably equivalent to the Stagea wagon with an RB haha.
talk about an insult calling the mustang the silvia of the US, the S chassis barely makes a pimple on the ass of the 'stangs storied franchise.

if anything you can say the silvia is the mustang of japan, otherwise the mustang is the mustang of the US, there is no two way street in this situation.

you dont see anyone calling the Mustang the Capri of the US
Old 02-27-2015, 04:00 AM   #7151
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
If that bothers you the trim level of the car you drive is the least of your worries.
It most certainly does, I can't have something when I know there is something better I could have had
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 AM   #7152
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
It most certainly does, I can't have something when I know there is something better I could have had
That'll make for a pretty miserable life in general.
Old 02-27-2015, 08:48 AM   #7153
future
Post Whore!

future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Not if you buy the right stuff the first time. Or not buy at all, simple
Old 02-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #7154
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Touche, based on the broadness of that comment I made. I was merely speaking of how the current options of the new Mustang are close in comparison to the trim levels of the Silvias in the past. Point I was making is the Silvia was available to satisfy different buyers with different needs. The new Mustang is doing that, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
talk about an insult calling the mustang the silvia of the US, the S chassis barely makes a pimple on the ass of the 'stangs storied franchise.

if anything you can say the silvia is the mustang of japan, otherwise the mustang is the mustang of the US, there is no two way street in this situation.

you dont see anyone calling the Mustang the Capri of the US
Old 02-27-2015, 09:09 AM   #7155
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Yes, buy an Ecoboost Stang and then spend the rest of your life getting spanked and laughed at by the GT owners. In the history of automobiles, whenever you see car models with different horsepower options, the smaller displacement, slower car is always viewed as the feminine/girlie model. I've seen more female than male Ecoboost Stang drivers. If that doesn't bother you, then yeah, go for it. Follow your heart.
You seem to have image issues. Who the fuck cares if someone chose an Ecoboost over a GT? It's merely two options for two enthusiasts with different preferences.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:22 PM   #7156
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Or you could just slap a bigger turbo on and turn up the boost.
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:29 PM   #7157
johnydoesit
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
johnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura aboutjohnydoesit has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
I like the new ecoboost mustang. My brother has a focus ST and its a really fun car so I can't wait to test drive the mustang. However, wouldn't a decent upgraded turbo setup exceed or at least match the price of a GT? Not to mention you then have to worry about the reliability. I personally feel if you want more power you are better off going with the GT.
johnydoesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #7158
future
Post Whore!

Yup! ^^^

Old 02-27-2015, 04:04 PM   #7159
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
You could always get the GT and turbo it down the line. Then the Ecoboost won't even be a thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 08:41 PM   #7160
simmode1
Post Whore!

I think ppl are forgetting that the Ecoboost has factory forged internals. Send your stock snail over the Pure Turbos & start destroying GTs for less than the price difference of the 5.0. Hell, the Ecoboost hadn't even been out a month & there were already 500hp versions at SEMA on stock internals. Wait till they actually find the upper limits of that thing. You talking about turboing the GT? Lol! Hello $10k+ uber complex project!

Not to mention the rumored turbo upgrade for the 2016's to match the upcoming Focus RS' 350hp...

This is the same argument BMW guys go back & forth about on the n54 vs s65 engines.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:21 AM   #7161
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Touche, based on the broadness of that comment I made. I was merely speaking of how the current options of the new Mustang are close in comparison to the trim levels of the Silvias in the past. Point I was making is the Silvia was available to satisfy different buyers with different needs. The new Mustang is doing that, too.
yess different engines/trims/packages is something that 99% of the auto industry does. Its a big, wide, beautiful world out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
or slap a turbo on the V6?? The duratec 3.7/3.5 family also includes the ecoboost versions as well.

This is where I am not understanding the fascination w/ the 2.3t. If you were actually serious about boost why would you start w/ close to a liter of displacement less than the other motors offered.

There is something not appealing about having to throw large amounts of boost at a motor just to make any #s. Stock the ecoboost 2.3t is already running between 15-18 psi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
I think ppl are forgetting that the Ecoboost has factory forged internals. Send your stock snail over the Pure Turbos & start destroying GTs for less than the price difference of the 5.0. Hell, the Ecoboost hadn't even been out a month & there were already 500hp versions at SEMA on stock internals. Wait till they actually find the upper limits of that thing. You talking about turboing the GT? Lol! Hello $10k+ uber complex project!

Not to mention the rumored turbo upgrade for the 2016's to match the upcoming Focus RS' 350hp...

This is the same argument BMW guys go back & forth about on the n54 vs s65 engines.
or start with the even cheaper v6 platform?

personally a snarling n/a V8 > overboosted I4. Turboing a I4 is not the same as boost w/ a 6 or 8 cylinder engine.

Id rather be at 500 wheel @ 18 psi than 500 wheel at 30+ psi.

and boosted s65s are a pretty niche crowd as well n/a s65s, not really sure what you are referring to w/ the n54 v s65 comment, they are pretty isolated engines from each other.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:49 PM   #7162
simmode1
Post Whore!

I get what you're saying about turbo'ing the v6 or v8 Stang. No replacement for displacement. Yeah yeah yeah. My preference towards the Ecoboost is the simplicity of the upgrade path versus the the v configuration setups. I'd rather not have to buy 2 new turbo manifolds, 2 new turbos, new fmic setup, tapping oil lines, etc. I'd rather use the existing hardware to get the most bang for my buck.

And who says you need to run 30psi through the Ecoboost to hit 500hp? Pick the right turbo & that shouldn't be problem.

As for the n54/s65 comment, I was just addressing how the bmw circles are also arguing about v8's vs smaller displacement turbo motors as well. The choice really is a personal one with no right or wrong answer. Just depends on what your budget & goals are.
Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 PM   #7163
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I get what you're saying about turbo'ing the v6 or v8 Stang. No replacement for displacement. Yeah yeah yeah. My preference towards the Ecoboost is the simplicity of the upgrade path versus the the v configuration setups. I'd rather not have to buy 2 new turbo manifolds, 2 new turbos, new fmic setup, tapping oil lines, etc. I'd rather use the existing hardware to get the most bang for my buck.

And who says you need to run 30psi through the Ecoboost to hit 500hp? Pick the right turbo & that shouldn't be problem.

As for the n54/s65 comment, I was just addressing how the bmw circles are also arguing about v8's vs smaller displacement turbo motors as well. The choice really is a personal one with no right or wrong answer. Just depends on what your budget & goals are.
What happens when you reach the 4 cyl's limits on stock internals, and possibly want more power? At that point you can either increase the internal displacement, or adding things like nitrous to make additional power. Neither of which will produce the results of starting with the bigger motor in the first place and then adding forced induction.

Now I'm not saying that the the 2.3 will be weak or won't make a good amount of power, but I know as car guys we will always want more. And 500hp out of a turbo 4 in a 3800lb car will be alot different than 500hp out of an s-chassis in comparison.

Quote:
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #7164
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^ That's why I say its a personal choice. I live by the K.I.S.S. methodology: Keep It Simple, Stupid. I'm not trying to wedge in an overly complex turbo setup into a v-configuration engine bay. Eff that. If I wanted that kind of a headache, I'd be driving a z32tt. No thanks.

For me, it comes down to being content with the power the Ecoboosts stock internals are capable of. In no way am I even remotely interested in chasing a huge horsepower number just so I can say "oh I got the fastest car on my side of town!" Oh who gives I fuck about that shit?!

As car guys, we don't ALWAYS want more. Some prioritize a balanced amount of power rather than a peak number. 500hp is waaay more than enough to keep me a happy camper & the Ecoboost will give that the cheapest & with the least effort. Turboing a v configuration engine, to me, hits upon the law of diminishing returns. Its so complex & expensive, is it really worth it? To me, its not.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:06 AM   #7165
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Who am I kidding. I'm excited about buying a Volvo.

Last edited by exitspeed; 03-02-2015 at 02:44 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:56 PM   #7166
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
^^^ That's why I say its a personal choice. I live by the K.I.S.S. methodology: Keep It Simple, Stupid. I'm not trying to wedge in an overly complex turbo setup into a v-configuration engine bay. Eff that. If I wanted that kind of a headache, I'd be driving a z32tt. No thanks.

For me, it comes down to being content with the power the Ecoboosts stock internals are capable of. In no way am I even remotely interested in chasing a huge horsepower number just so I can say "oh I got the fastest car on my side of town!" Oh who gives I fuck about that shit?!

As car guys, we don't ALWAYS want more. Some prioritize a balanced amount of power rather than a peak number. 500hp is waaay more than enough to keep me a happy camper & the Ecoboost will give that the cheapest & with the least effort. Turboing a v configuration engine, to me, hits upon the law of diminishing returns. Its so complex & expensive, is it really worth it? To me, its not.
That's why you just get a z06 and call it a day lol

Quote:
Old 03-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #7167
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^True enough. Unfortunately, not everyone has the budget for a Z06 or any other newish 500hp car. As for brand new cars, I can't think of any that might get you to 500hp cheaper/easier than the Ecoboost.
Old 03-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #7168
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyhTWHzgpko
Old 03-02-2015, 05:02 PM   #7169
Bushido
Post Whore!

Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0dNYWVglFs

looks good to me
Old 03-08-2015, 11:08 AM   #7170
Bushido
Post Whore!

BMW refreshed the 1 series. looks smarter, less cutesy. Too bad it's not offered as a 2 door fastback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmIftJGyisk