Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:30 PM   #1
turboS14kid
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
turboS14kid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Holset hx35/hx40 burning oil issues

Need help so here's the deal I have a rb25det big turbo setup with holset hx35/hx40 turbo. I have a 10 an drain to the block. I have 4an feed with a restrictor of 1.5mm . The car starts to burn oil at idle when car warms up. Ive rebuilt the turbo 2 times cause I thought it was a bad turbine seal. But I'm getting blow by in the down pipe is dripping in oil. And the compressor will also get oil if the car reach operating temps but will only have a few drips.
I'm currently running 10w 40 royal purple, I have rb26 cover with 12 an fitting running about 4 feet of line to a greddy oil catch can. I just replaced the head cause I had a cam failure as some of you might know. Any how engine has new head ,cometic pro gasket kit ,arp head studs, so I have seen ringlands and piston are fine. Car also has oil cooler sand which plate and oil cooler with nismo oil filter.

Please help I need get this car running again. I've searched and some people say not to use restrictor can't find info on what I should do. Could my oil cause high oil pressure?

I was going to run 12 an drain straight as possible and step turbine wheel seal to prevent blow through and buy a oil pressure gauge to monitor oil pressure at the engine.

Any info or help I would sure appreciate it
turboS14kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links