Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Build Thread : Silvia 500HP +++ Drift Machine

Hey guys

thought id post some shit up...

Anyway, after going to japan in 07 and buying a 180sx, competing in D1 SL , MSC etc and destroying the body and stuff, when i brought it back i drifted it for a few meets then bought a stock 91 Q's silvia CA18 DE Automatic.

I transplanted all my SR stuff into it... S14 subframe,ATS carbon LSD, 4.6nismo C&P. 5 stud, Dogbox ,twin plate,heyman KNUCKLES,jic coils,cage,brides,etc..etc.. it had fairly good shit on it that i put on over in japan

Now.. recently my engine blew up due to a rocker breaking etc... it made 470HP at the flywheel *281rwkw* at 16psi of boost.. which is fairly good for something with more power from 0 RPM to 8000 then a standard engine

Here's some pics of it drifting interstate (adelaide) - p.s im from Melbourne Aus so its about an 9 hour drive by car.
Idrove it up and competed.. however got knocked out right away due to playing games lol..

anyway back then it was only making 240rwkw @ 17psi of boost.. since then i have installed a carbon fibre tailshaft by ACPT in the states, HKS twin spark CDI igntion system and a custom made steam pipe ceramic coated manifold + blitz SBC Spec R boost controller - all this bumped up the power to 281rwkw with 16psi of boost.

the motor was apparently forged and stuff, but when it blew up .. noticed it was just standard with the usual bolt in tomei procams,valve springs,solid lifters,hks headgasket,greddy plenum and tomei sump.. it was suppose to have forgies andwhat not and have toda liners bla bla.. i got jibbed but whatever the motor didnt blow up in japan which was the most of my concern... ohhh in japan i used the AX53b70 p22 for drifting ... then put the K3-450R on it before shipping it off to australia

now it is getting ::::

DG-5 GP SPORTS Pro coilovers all around brand new..

2.2L stroker engine with JUN liners

Full respray ( except the bay as it's pretty neat there )

Tripple plate Power Enterprise clutch.

Im aiming for well over 500HP on 16-17psi... this is on pump gas on a dyno which reads quite low compared to others - there is lots of funny dynos in australia but Sam @ www.drdrift.com.au knows his stufff and tunes my stock ECU better then most others in australia ... so i stick with him.

Full spec of the car is below

1991 Silvia.

SR2.2

JUN 2.2L pistons 87mm ceramic coated short skirts
JUN crankshaft 92mm
Manley Pro rods
JUN Steel bore sleeves
Cosworth 1.5mm headgasket
high CFM head
Brian Crower valve springs
Titanium retainers
Billet 262/262 12.0 camshafts
Tomei Solid Lifters
Tomei Rocker Arm Stoppers
JUN bronze valve guides
Powertune Steam pipe manifold, Ceramic coated
Blitz K3-450R 10cm turbo kit with braided boost hoses
Blitz 850CC injectors
HKS CDI Twin Spark
Blitz SBC ID Color Spec R Boost controller

oversized waterpump pully
R33 clutch fan

Riverside s14 rear end setup
2way Carbon ATS lsd nismo 4.6 crown & pinnion
Power enterprise tripple plate solid clutch kit
Quaife (UK) straight cut dog box
ACPT Carbon tailshaft
Blitz Intercooler kit 75*300*600
Super-made custom built 3 core radiator.
Silicone Radiator Hoses
Greddy oil cooler kit with relocator
Supermade bullet exhaust

Thrash racing drivers seat
Bride Brix 1.5 passenger seat
3x hks gauges on the passenger side in the dash(oil temp,pressure, water temp)
1x SARD boost gauge

17x9 front CST wheels in gunmetal
4x18x9.5 +15 rears CHROME
4x18x9.5 +23 rears bronze

Tyres : F - 215/40/17 AD07 Advan Neova's
R - Achilles ATR sport 235,40/18

GP Sports Gmaster PROs DG-5 coilovers
Tein tie rods
Hey Man Products KNUCKLES
5 stud conversion r33 brakes...
Cusco Camber Arms
Cusco Toe Arms
Silk Road Traction Arms
D-MAX Hub's with new wheel bearings
9 point full cage
Supermade headlight covers,indicators,parkers,clear lights.
Origin FRP doors ( 4KG each )
new steering rack bushes ( stiffer then stock )

I will be posting pics of everything once iget my engine back from the builders... (hoping two weeks max)

Here it is after the engine blew up lol... getting ready to go to the panel shop..

IF anyone has any questions or ideas please let me know

Last edited by Teambadrun; 01-21-2009 at 05:43 AM..
Teambadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2009, 06:48 AM   #2
SleepyS-14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
SleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the roughSleepyS-14 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I didn't see what size turbo you were thinking of. 500whp at 16lbs is going to very hard to do. Even a super efficient setup would have a hard time doing that. Maybe 500whp at 22lbs is more reasonable. But if you were only building 16lbs max boost to make 500whp, you would have a very big and laggy turbo instead of a reasponsive turbo making the same power.

I don't know what turbo you are thinking of though.
SleepyS-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #3
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyS-14 View Post
I didn't see what size turbo you were thinking of. 500whp at 16lbs is going to very hard to do. Even a super efficient setup would have a hard time doing that. Maybe 500whp at 22lbs is more reasonable. But if you were only building 16lbs max boost to make 500whp, you would have a very big and laggy turbo instead of a reasponsive turbo making the same power.

I don't know what turbo you are thinking of though.
Im going to use the exact same turbo. It is more responsive then my old T28BB,AX53B70, etc.

And now with a 2.2L stroker it will be even more responsive. I don't plan on making 500rwhp... haha this car is used for Drifting so this turbo stays so around 500 crank HP is the goal with maybe 18-19psi of boost.. but i dont see why it wouldnt make 500HP(only 30hp peak more) with the same boost level, considering the old engine was a stock bottom end
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via MSN to yokotavia
Blitz K3-450R 10cm turbo kit

I think you'll need more than 16lbs aswell, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

=D
Old 01-21-2009, 07:17 AM   #5
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotavia View Post
Blitz K3-450R 10cm turbo kit

I think you'll need more than 16lbs aswell, but I'd like to be proven wrong.

=D
Your from the base? Do you know Chris? I was over there with him and Shinji minowa in 07.. i miss Burger King at Yokota lol
Old 01-21-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

yokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enoughyokotavia will become famous soon enough
yeah im from base, ha, i had a dark blue onevia, and yeah im good friends with chris. im pretty sure i met you when you were here, when i first started building my 13
Old 01-21-2009, 07:30 AM   #7
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

maybe lol.. i was with scott.. helping him build the cefiro for matsuri

Ill be back in Tokyo in mayish.. bought a 180SX to drift again haha
Old 01-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
yokotavia
Zilvia Addict

ohhh

haha, awesome, my new car will be done for sure, its a bare metal chassis right now, just got it stich welded, in a stall at the hobby shop onbase

heres a vid of me at the nov 08 matsuri
YouTube - Nov 2008 Drift Matsuri

in my old car, which was my missle LOL
Old 01-21-2009, 07:35 AM   #9
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

AWSOME!!

Well maybe i can stay at your place on base!! just sign me in

Because Jesse corado is now back in USA and i was staying at his place last time for abit

ill add you on msn actually.. talk there
Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 PM   #10
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
You aussies really do know how to build a proper NissIn.

seriously

rock the fuk on!