Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-30-2014, 11:18 PM   #1
Sinmaster909

Trader Rating: (0)
Sinmaster909 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 240sx one day?

Just want to hear some storys on how people have gotten their 240's. I myself think I will never own one since they're expensive for my budget and all these bills I have will stop me from owning one. Currently a broke college student with a shitty job. All my money mainly goes to rent and gas on my car. I don't think i'm graduating soon since I'm not a full time student. Its my dream to own one. Have always wanted one since i was maybe 12 years old. In any video game I always get a 240sx lol. I currently own a 94 Buick Regal Custom great car but its another hassle to fill up the gas tank on it but i got it for $500 so I can't complain. I consider a 240sx an exotic car just by the way it looks and how they're so brilliantly open to be worked on.I just want to hear hows the experience of owning one and how did you come across it? Maybe one day but not in a long while.
Sinmaster909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I used to drive a Camaro when I was 16. I modified the hell out of it.

The hood was always open. I went from naturally aspirated, to super charged, to turbo charged. And then one day I met Finn, my friend who worked with me at Best Buy at the time, around 2001.

Finn had this red 4-cylinder vehicle, and I was not impressed with 4-cylinders. He would tell me about it and I would just shrug him off and ask him where is the rest of his engine? Then one day he came into work raving about some kind of "swap" and drags me to his car to see. Unwillingly, I go for a ride.

And my life changed right then and there. "This car must have 400 horsepower!" I exclaim madly with excitement, and he just laughs, "It only has about 250 horsepower..." and I do not believe him at first. Finn taught me a lesson in power:weight ratio that day "it only weighs 2800lbs... less weight improves everything: braking, handling, acceleration, fuel economy" within a week I had sold both my Camaros, all my V8 parts, and had done my first SR swap, never looking back.

Last edited by Kingtal0n; 10-31-2014 at 12:02 AM..
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #3
wheresmycoupe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
wheresmycoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not sure if trying to troll or not.

I found mine on craigslist For 1500. It was a swapped dual cam that has since been sr for 3 years now I'm in the middle of parting the sr swap for bigger and better.

Best/most fun car I've owned.

Since your already stacking up the student loans apply for a couple grand more and when you get the refund check/if you get a refund check buy a 240. That's how I bought my wheels ����
wheresmycoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
Sinmaster909

You're lucky to have a friend named finn lol. First time i got in one was with my friend named Eddie and it was the coolest experience ever. Then my brother owned one but then his tranny went out. I wanted him to keep it so he can sell it to me later on but he had to sell it since he was moving. Saddens me that could've been my 240sx. Also in no way I'm trolling. Also i get financial aid for college not loans lol.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #5
Sinmaster909

Nice Camaro by the way.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:07 AM   #6
Primo's Silvia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
Primo's Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It all started with a buddy telling me to by an S13, and i wasnt intristed in them at the time, then layed my eyes on a s14 kouki and since then going 3 years, i have 3 240's in front of my house lol part time no school just time, im loving it but it holds u back when u spend all wat u have to make your hobby that much better! Dont worry thiers always time for anything! Just got to put your mind to it!
Primo's Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 12:27 AM   #7
Sinmaster909

Thanks man like i said one day i will own one lol. In due time. Also thats what i want to do in the future. Have one for daily driver. One to beat up on the track lol.
Old 10-31-2014, 12:38 AM   #8
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Mine was a decision I made around 14 or so..made a huge power point slide show on what I wanted to do to it and then at 15 I started working while goin to school.slowly saving up I got two for 1100 back in 08' and sold one for 400 since It was wrecked(just used it for parts) and then my 240 sat for years as I slowly completed a sr20 swap and goin to college.once I finished that and got a good job my car has gone over a massive rebuild/makeover..about 30k later it still doesn't run and is a complete money pit that sits in my garage..but hey it's what makes me happy and that's all that matters haha.dont worry man one day you will have a exotic nissan 240sx.!
Old 10-31-2014, 01:20 AM   #9
Aspire818
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Aspire818 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Mine was back when i was in highschool , my close friend rolled up tellin me he got a s13. I didnt think much of it because i was into civic n integras lol, he didnt know how to drive stick shift. Hes dad brought it when he bought it and he gave me the keys told me to test drive it. So as soon as i steped into the car i headed to the freeway n damn i fell in love with the car. I loved how it handles n pulls and my friend started tellin me about theres so much pontential on these cars. So i did my reserch n found lots of info on the 240sx. So i left the honda scene.sold my em1 si bought my self a em2 civic for transportation n reliability.i took out my first loan for $1500 hopeing ill find a s13 that met my standards and i did a 93 hatch 5 speed. Body looked like shit bt price was great to me n it was healthy so i cant complain lol i had plans for my s13 but sadly i fell in love with the s14 kouki. As soon as i paid for my loan i sold my s13 got 2gs more and bought my kouki s14 and eversince ive been workin on it Little by little.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:44 AM   #10
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
a 240sx is a very inexpensive car

unless being homeless is in your near and immediate future, i wouldnt worry. owning a 240sx is really not that hard.

the question you'll be asking yourself later (if and when you buy one) - is - why the fuck did i buy this piece of shit? especially since parts will most likely not be available for it.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:43 AM   #11
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Let me tell you a story about My Skyline.

One day I woke up and said to myself "Hey, I'm going to be a baller from now on."
So I procured My Skyline.

My Skyline is a special Skyline.
There is no Skyline like mine.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #12
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
240sx one day?

I was 17 and worked my ass off in the summer to get my first 240 before my senior year started. It had primer and was rebuilt and got it for 1700 dollars. It was awesome, I loved it to death but unfortunately as I was heading to school I got hit by a semi-truck and was lucky to survive.

I was destined to get another 240 and I did not care how beat up it was I was going to fix it up and dedicate my whole senior year to fixing it up. I got me another one for 900 dollars which was is a huge money pit but I have no regrets loll. You can see the difference in the Before and After Thread, im the first post.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:45 AM   #13
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Now this is story all about how my life got flipped turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you how I became the owner of a 240 in a town called Bel-Air. In west Philadelphia, born and raised; on a playground is where I spent most of my days. Chillin out, maxin, relaxin' all cool and all shootin some b-ball outside the school when a couple of guys they were up to no good, startin makin trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and mom got scared she said, "you're movin with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." "I begged and pleaded with her the other day, but she packed my suitcase and sent me on my way. She gave me a kissin' and gave me my ticket, I put on my walkman and said "I might as well kick it".

First class yo this is bad, drinkin orange juice out of a champagne glass... Is this what the people of Bel-Air are livin like? Hmmm this might be alright! I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said FRESH and it had dice in the mirror. If anything I could say this cab was rare but I thought "Nah forget it... Yo homes to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cab "Yo Homes Smell ya lata!" I looked at my kingdom I was finally there to sit in my 240 as the Prince of Bel-Air."
Old 10-31-2014, 08:43 AM   #14
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
The lost verse!
+2
No one ever knows it.
Old 10-31-2014, 07:10 PM   #15
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
I got my 240(s) during a period of apparent mental illness.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:44 AM   #16
turbos14
Leaky Injector

turbos14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Expensive not really there is a 97 kouki with less then 150k for 6500 by me and one guy was giving a s13 shell away was even willing to flat bed it to the buyer.

I got my 96 for 6000 back in 2005 after my 91 Integra was smashed by some as hole. I've maybe put in 3k in it over the 9 years but things break or wear out so that number slowly grows. It's currently at 160k miles and I've put 30k myself been in two accidents minor things one motor swap after blowing the original up. But she's been there by my side through thick and thin lol.
turbos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:39 AM   #17
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinmaster909 View Post
Just want to hear some storys on how people have gotten their 240's. I myself think I will never own one since they're expensive for my budget and all these bills I have will stop me from owning one. Currently a broke college student with a shitty job. All my money mainly goes to rent and gas on my car. I don't think i'm graduating soon since I'm not a full time student. Its my dream to own one. Have always wanted one since i was maybe 12 years old. In any video game I always get a 240sx lol. I currently own a 94 Buick Regal Custom great car but its another hassle to fill up the gas tank on it but i got it for $500 so I can't complain. I consider a 240sx an exotic car just by the way it looks and how they're so brilliantly open to be worked on.I just want to hear hows the experience of owning one and how did you come across it? Maybe one day but not in a long while.
not sure how you would consider a stock S13 hatch an exotic car just by the way it looks...

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 07:46 AM   #18
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by enkei2k View Post
not sure how you would consider a stock S13 hatch an exotic car just by the way it looks...
Looks exactly like a stock S13 to me.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:31 AM   #19
v30magna
Leaky Injector

v30magna is an unknown quantity at this point
That saleen actually looks much more like my MX6 than my s13, but I get it.

went to the local junk yard to see what he had, looked at a 72 camaro, no floor pans... Got my heart set on a datsun 240, but he didn't have a title and the car had no glass. He had a 92 s13 auto sitting on the ground with no wheels that I totally paid no attention to, until he said he had a title. I was really pumped about the datsun, so I took a second look at the s13. pretty much all there, good glass, and all the rust was on the deck lid. Had the fastback musclecar lines, so I was hooked. How much? $500. Of course he also had a 91 Mazda RX7 vert with leather interior I was crushing on too, but I knew the aftermarket is better for the s13.

I'm about $1700 into the s13 now, but I got it running, everything working, all damaged panels replaced, bought a 5 speed swap with 13lb flywheel, bought a set of tien s with kybs, got a set of factory 7 spoke 15s on good tires,new oil, belts, brakes, injectors, adj FPR, fuel pump, etc. I want a Helical diff now, and a welded for beating on. Also very interested in a v8 swap next year.
v30magna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 12:36 AM   #20
zurud
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
zurud is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
S13 exotic? I'll sell you my s13 for $10k. That's pretty good deal for exotic
zurud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 01:45 AM   #21
shihabby

shihabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Come on, just save $100 a month and you'll have enough for a decent one in less than 3 years. Or $200 and it'd be like a year and a half.
shihabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 07:28 AM   #22
goodfella

goodfella is an unknown quantity at this point
I traded my gsxr 600 for a Nissan 240 vert. it's a cool car fun to drive but the stock ka is pretty slow. but first thing first gotta build up the suspension and steering on it then do an engine swap or Turbo. uploadfromtaptalk1414938528819.jpg
goodfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 04:02 PM   #23
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
240s bc its fun having lots of dongs jock your car all the while explaining to women that it looks like an old azz altima but isnt one.
Old 11-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #24
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinmaster909 View Post
Just want to hear some storys on how people have gotten their 240's. I myself think I will never own one since they're expensive

Bro, just stay in school and worry about 240's after you get a real job.
Old 11-03-2014, 03:35 AM   #25
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
For my /b/ dwellers

Be 17 saving monies
find "cheap" affordable fun car
rescued from west coast customs trunk sound system installer
car be sitting in his moms backyard under a tarp
car looks shittier in person than in pictures(pictures shot with a potatoe)
buy for cheaps
motor blows a week later("Runs like a Champ!")
end of story
?????
lose profit $$$$$

tl;dr 240 is money pit.

still spending money on it

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 04:58 AM   #26
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i bought my 240 for $400 with a blown engine and rusty rails. perfect platform.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #27
v30magna
Leaky Injector

Vanish, M3 looks like a 96 Mazda 626. Usually reserved for LPGA patrons. Is it white? PLEASE tell me it's white!

However the 320i is great for pulling Post-Menopausal chicks. You can go raw with no pregnancies, Jackpot!
Old 11-05-2014, 08:54 AM   #28
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v30magna View Post
M3 looks like a 97 Mazda 626. Usually reserved for LPGA patrons.

However the 320i is great for pulling Post-Menopausal chicks. You can go raw with no pregnancies!
I like this guy.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:27 PM   #29
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by v30magna View Post
Vanish, M3 looks like a 96 Mazda 626. Usually reserved for LPGA patrons. Is it white? PLEASE tell me it's white!

However the 320i is great for pulling Post-Menopausal chicks. You can go raw with no pregnancies, Jackpot!
daily driving a 240sx over the age of 30.

winning
Old 11-06-2014, 07:11 AM   #30
v30magna
Leaky Injector

I use my dong to impress women, not my car.

I don't even drive my s13, not finished, no tags.

then again nothing says success like a 15 year old M3. I'm sure everyone in Florida thinks you're loaded. Please pass the Grey Poupon.