Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 04-17-2015, 02:46 AM   #1
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA Ka24det Custom Intake Manifold - HELP

Hey Zilvia, noob here...

Recently picked up a used custom turbo kit for next to nothing, and the guy through in a custom intake manifold his fabricator friend had made for him. Just started pulling my na ka apart and am honestly rather overwhelmed/concerned when looking at the MASS of vacuum shit, emissions shit, and sensors...and shit... on top of (and underneath) my stock intake manifold. Looking for some insight into what I need to do in order to run this custom manifold.

Currently worrying about:
1. Wiring harness stuff (what happens to all of the sensors that used to be there and how that will effect how my car runs if they are not plugged in etc.)
2. Engine management options (had been planning on getting an s13 ecu from Rs-Enthalpy and calling it a day... not so sure thats going to work for me anymore)
3. Emissions stuff (what I can, and cannot delete... and how to go about doing it. I have gone through quite a few threads on this topic and the majority of them have been pretty unclear to me unfortunately)
4. Vacuum line routing and what not.

Will provide whatever pics anybody needs, if anyone can take the time to help me out. I'll include a picture of this manifold to hopefully get the ball rolling. Again, massively into cars, and have had my s14 for about 2 years now, but this is my first time undertaking a project of this magnitude. I have swapped engines in the past, but only simple stock for stock plug and play ordeals! I'm still rather new to this, and do NOT claim to really know what I'm doing, but you have got to learn somehow, so take it easy on meh

I have a million other questions about this project, but this is the first obstacle I have run into which has me way out of my comfort zone.

Cheers, and many thanks to anyone who takes the time to help me out,
Will
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11169108_10155629352925105_897019259_n.jpg (78.7 KB, 30 views)
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #2
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
well in terms of vacuum your picture answers the question as to where you get vacuum from, for all of your lines. But if you're asking mostly about the idle air control valve this manifold appears to require a remote mount idle air control valve. (Google search will give you plenty of kits for that)

If you're looking to retain the EGR system, I do believe you can do that by using one of the vacuum nipples also. (I've never owned a 240 with the EGR system still intact so I can't be sure)

However if you'd rather part ways with that and make some extra cash then throw me a price lol.

Personally I wouldn't just jump straight into throwing on a new manifold like that unless you're looking to try and make some higher HP. But again, to each their own.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #3
mewantkouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (36)
mewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enoughmewantkouki will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Kiss your low end torque goodbye.
mewantkouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:39 AM   #4
wsmiteh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
wsmiteh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Anti Tyler - I know I can run some vac lines to the manifold as it came with some fittings for them and what not, and It actually has a mount for the idle control underneath, I guess guy just wanted to hide it.

I guess I'm more worried about the other coolant hoses that hook up to the stock manifold, and sensors that my harness has. For one, this manifold doesn't have a hookup for my heater hoses... so not too sure what I'm going to do on that front (if I have any options at all for that matter).

I may be worrying about nothing, spoke to someone at rs and they said all they need is the iac shit in order to get me up and running, the rest is just up to me on how I want to run my vacuum stuff. Pulled the stock one off and started freaking out.

I already had the egr blocked off on my old na - headers, so I have everything except the tube, which (long story) is cut in half. Honestly you can have the whole mess for next to nothing, it isn't much good to me if you want it. That, or Ill trade ya if you have anything cool lying around

Mewantkouki - Not too worried about that, I know its a risk, but I saw the car it was running in before, I have the dyno sheets for it, and it managed to stay pretty fat!
wsmiteh is offline   Reply With Quote