Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #17491
jay70

Trader Rating: (0)
jay70 is on the path to ruinjay70 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
What tire did you have in the front? Any issues as far as turning or rubbing?

Im thinking with my 18x8s +38 with 1in extended lca I should be good. Only thing im worried about is brake clearance with the face since I have low offset faces. If thats the case then i'll ditch the extended lca and do just a spacer till lip the fronts another inch. Making it 18x9 +26
You're going to have to run at least a 5mm spacer with those to clear your front struts anyway, maybe more depending on the design of the knuckle mount on your coilovers and camber and tyre size
jay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM   #17492
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost View Post
Hot Road Photo
Yes, looks again to be Hot Road front bar with OEM sides and rear. Thanks for posting this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
lol, people hate all over brands like mine for reproducing factory aero parts in FRP and what not... but when hotroad did it, no one makes a peep!
While it does appear they reproduced the OEM front bumper in one piece fashion (which, you have to admit, differs from a straight copy as they modified it to be one piece) they also produced two original bumpers. Granted they were based on the OEM version heavily and they just added their own vents, they did still create something original. That's likely where people see a difference. It's creating something original themselves, not directly copying something another company created mold for mold.

I am in no way trying to be a jerk or pick a fight, just pointing out what some people's reasoning might be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigs View Post
Itai rep was cringeworthy enough. That really needs to not become a thing.
Woooo shots fired, hahaha. I thought Joe did a great job with his car. I understand the sentiment that replica cars are a bummer too though. However, I don't think it could have been executed much more tastefully than his was. Add the fact that Itai himself was stoked on it and I think he more than deserves a pass. We are all entitled to our opinion though!

Quote:
some of us prefer unpulled metal with minimal camber and meatier tires... rubber bands are weak sauce! would rather actually get all of my cars power to the ground instead of an inches worth
Again, a totally fair opinion. However, many of the cars being accused of being "trendy stance boys" and people just following modern day trends in this thread (like myself) are running the exact same specs as Itoh from nearly two decades before:

Hardly a modern day trend at that point. I DO agree that running -15º of camber and a 205/40 on a 11J wheel or something would be following current trends (a trend I feel is kind of dying off again anyway... but maybe I just don't see it as much as I used to.)

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:13 AM   #17493
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
but maybe I just don't see it as much as I used to.)
youre not spending much time on facebook are you Damon? lol

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 AM   #17494
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
What tire did you have in the front? Any issues as far as turning or rubbing?
I was running 214/40/18 front and 235/40/18 rear at the time. I had like -5* front and maybe -3 to -4* rear with a slight pull. No issues rubbing but I rolled everything to make clearance.

Quote:
Itai rep was cringeworthy enough. That really needs to not become a thing.
Hey man I don't see the need to talk shit about my car seeing how well built and executed it is. I can see your perspective since you make liveries its not cool to copy others. Itai's car basically got me into 180s and its always been my favorite so I wanted one for my own. Especially considering how hard it was to collect all the proper parts and it it justice.

Quote:

I thought Joe did a great job with his car. However, I don't think it could have been executed much more tastefully than his was. Add the fact that Itai himself was stoked on it and I think he more than deserves a pass.
Thanks Damon!

Agreed on the point of people wrongly using "stance boy" with 2000's style drift cars. These wheel specs and low ride heights were used way before the stance trend came along. Most drift cars run 0-2* of negative camber and get plenty of grip.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #17495
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Quote:
youre not spending much time on facebook are you Damon? lol
I definitely am not, hahaha.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-15-2018, 09:46 AM   #17496
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
If one calls Joe's machine cringeworthy, then one better have a cooler car than Joe!

da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM   #17497
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Still killing it^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
Itai's car basically got me into 180s and its always been my favorite so I wanted one for my own. Especially considering how hard it was to collect all the proper parts and it it justice.
100% agree on the first statement except for me, it was Koguchi that sparked my passion for this chassis.

Also, I do not consider your car a replica. While you may have the look and some of the same parts, you don't have ALL the same parts as Itai's 180sx and thats what is awesome. Took a recipe and made it your own. I could throw the same decals Koguchi had on my car right now and people would probably say it was a Koguchi replica. I do want to add decals but add the brands i have on my 180, again being my own twist.

As far as the stance trend, its part of the game. Even though I do not support that trend, it supports the entire scene and I'm cool with it. As far as settings go, I was rocking 7-8 degrees up front and 1.5 degrees in the rear.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #17498
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
If one calls Joe's machine cringeworthy, then one better have a cooler car than Joe!
You mean Itai's machine? Or is it Joe's machine now? I'm confused, and this is exactly my point.

Obviously the car is amazing, because Itai built it.

The idea/act of recreating someone's car is awkward to me, especially when it's an extremely iconic car. I understand the surface thinking of "I like it, so i'm going to recreate it,” but there is a much bigger picture to think about. There's a rich history attached to a car like that. Imitation stops being flattering when attribution to the original creator begins to fade away, and that is bound to happen over time with stuff like this (it literally just did).

For the sake of re-framing the scenario - picture someone building an exact replica of Josh Maghirang's 180 with the pinstripe. The sentiment would almost certainly not be the same. There are certain things that should live and die with their creators.

I’m not talking shit, just voicing my opinion.

Last edited by bigs; 01-15-2018 at 09:02 PM..
bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:39 PM   #17499
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Dude like chill. Like really take a moment sit back think about it, is it really this big a deal to type all that. I didn't even read it all.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:48 PM   #17500
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Antoine I have a confession. I screenshot a lot of your 180sx ig story posts.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:51 PM   #17501
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Joe's car is nice...
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:34 PM   #17502
bigs
Nissanaholic!

bigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of lightbigs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Dude like chill. Like really take a moment sit back think about it, is it really this big a deal to type all that. I didn't even read it all.
I now realize the only thing you care about is how something looks, so here's my response in picture form. I even did a sick BREAK ITO font!

Anyway, i'm just trying to make people think about this stuff a little bit. Maybe that's weird, but It's not all just pictures on the internet. You're making me feel old af haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik
Itai's car is nice...
Yeah it's pretty sweet...
Old 01-15-2018, 11:14 PM   #17503
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

The overuse of the word like was supposed to give you that hippy "chilllllll out maaannnnn" vibe

Anyway let's agree to disagree my man!

Ps. Trust me I too am geeked to the max with this stuff. We should hang out sometime.

Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #17504
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
The overuse of the word like was supposed to give you that hippy "chilllllll out maaannnnn" vibe

Anyway let's agree to disagree my man!

Ps. Trust me I too am geeked to the max with this stuff. We should hang out sometime.

Meeting people is what it's all about!
Old 01-16-2018, 07:13 AM   #17505
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
You mean Itai's machine? Or is it Joe's machine now? I'm confused, and this is exactly my point.

The idea/act of recreating someone's car is awkward to me, especially when it's an extremely iconic car. I understand the surface thinking of "I like it, so i'm going to recreate it,” but there is a much bigger picture to think about. There's a rich history attached to a car like that. Imitation stops being flattering when attribution to the original creator begins to fade away, and that is bound to happen over time with stuff like this (it literally just did).

For the sake of re-framing the scenario - picture someone building an exact replica of Josh Maghirang's 180 with the pinstripe. The sentiment would almost certainly not be the same. There are certain things that should live and die with their creators.

I fully respect this and I can agree with a lot of what you're saying. I typically have a similar mindset, I probably am just siding a bit with Joe because he is a good friend of mine and a nice guy, lol. I do enjoy his car though- granted, it's going through some changes this off season that will essentially make this whole discussion moot by spring.

I had a similar feeling when I got the Blitz Z2s for my car. Being a black 180 with a Hot Road bumper, it was bound to stir some emotions. Many people pleaded with me to add the Koguchi livery, but I just couldn't do that. I felt it more appropriate to pull items and influence from multiple cars that I liked and blend it into something that I could call my own, even if heavily inspired by others that came before me. I am sure people had problems with me even "recreating it" to the extent I did, but it is what it is.

I appreciate your willingness to go more in-depth and explain your viewpoint without just jumping to insulting others and being childish. I think this thread is always portrayed as a place where everyone has the exact same taste, so it's healthy to have people disagree and have intelligent discussions about their opinions.

Been a fan of your work for a long time sir, keep it up.

Quote:
Antoine I have a confession. I screenshot a lot of your 180sx ig story posts.
I do this all the time too. Car is so good!

Always fighting the urge to change things on this car. So difficult!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 01-16-2018, 12:48 PM   #17506
hotrodjoseph
Zilvia Member

hotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura abouthotrodjoseph has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

There is more than the exterior side of my car that is totally different than Itai. Only resemblance would be the exterior.

But its all good man. Like Damon said below the car currently sits in "not full itai." There are many changes that I am doing to the car for next year so it will no longer be that Itai car.

I actually think you will like it being that we do enjoy the same style cars. I am a big fan of your work and respect how far you've come since I followed you on instagram before all the animal style stuff. I actually inboxed you on insta a few months ago about some stuff but didn't hear back. lol

Quote:
I do enjoy his car though- granted, it's going through some changes this off season that will essentially make this whole discussion moot by spring.

Thanks man!

On topic now, here's the only pic I took of Damon and Tony at Final Bout 3.

Old 01-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #17507
bigs
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
I felt it more appropriate to pull items and influence from multiple cars that I liked and blend it into something that I could call my own, even if heavily inspired by others that came before me. I am sure people had problems with me even "recreating it" to the extent I did, but it is what it is.

I appreciate your willingness to go more in-depth and explain your viewpoint without just jumping to insulting others and being childish. I think this thread is always portrayed as a place where everyone has the exact same taste, so it's healthy to have people disagree and have intelligent discussions about their opinions.

Been a fan of your work for a long time sir, keep it up.
Yeah, I should point out that i'm only talking about direct recreation, not influence/inspiration. Your car is yours, and you've always done an incredible job at taking inspiration and building something beautiful. I appreciate the kind words!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodjoseph View Post
There is more than the exterior side of my car that is totally different than Itai. Only resemblance would be the exterior.

But its all good man. Like Damon said below the car currently sits in "not full itai." There are many changes that I am doing to the car for next year so it will no longer be that Itai car.

I actually think you will like it being that we do enjoy the same style cars. I am a big fan of your work and respect how far you've come since I followed you on instagram before all the animal style stuff. I actually inboxed you on insta a few months ago about some stuff but didn't hear back. lol
I get that this became a personal attack, because not many people have done it. I'm mainly trying to comment on the idea/act of it, not you on a personal level. It was the comment where someone mentioned rebuilding Koguchi's 180 that tipped me over the edge. I just take certain things too seriously I guess. I know this whole thing might leave a sour taste in your mouth, but meeting people in person is an entirely different experience. Look forward to that day Thank you for the kind words. I have not checked my inbox in a while haha. Life is kicking my ass, and commisioned work is few and far between at the moment >_<
Old 01-17-2018, 01:17 AM   #17508
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Replica looking cars with legitimate parts

or

Legitimate looking cars with replica parts
Old 01-17-2018, 01:56 AM   #17509
Phamlee

Phamlee is an unknown quantity at this point
Phamlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 03:11 AM   #17510
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Raise the rear some, toss a spacer on F/R, and you're on to something.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:37 AM   #17511
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Wish Eric never parted out this car but at least he gave me some interior goodies . Curious if he still working on his FC. Never posts on his blog anymore.

Eric Torres

Eric Torres
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #17512
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Old 01-17-2018, 12:23 PM   #17513
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Old 01-17-2018, 02:32 PM   #17514
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Whats the name of the red kouki just above ^ with the wakos logo. See it all the time and between koguchi, itai, and that car is exactly what im trying to bring back. Almost like the oldschool option videos.

Also that other red kouki is a local, its immaculate, stock ka boosted for 8+ years also my buddy runs myculture! Here is some pics in unedited(quick color correction off scanner) 35mm film if anyone likes that.

R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #17515
Malik
Nissanaholic!

nice work, well done.

edit: dont know about the wakos car but maybe someone else might.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM   #17516
wolfpack
Zilvia Member

wolfpack is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 01-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #17517
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
some of us prefer unpulled metal with minimal camber and meatier tires... rubber bands are weak sauce! would rather actually get all of my cars power to the ground instead of an inches worth
You can do that without dorky ride height & wheel sizing.

Quote:

This is a really good take. :e-beer:
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #17518
Malik
Nissanaholic!

I see where your coming from bigs, I know the difference between itai's car and joe's. we've see itai's car posted in this thread a dozen times. but im still not mad at joe for building his car to replicate that style. I see it as more of a tribute then a rip-off.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:38 PM   #17519
JDMSTYLE
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
JDMSTYLE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
I see where your coming from bigs, I know the difference between itai's car and joe's. we've see itai's car posted in this thread a dozen times. but im still not mad at joe for building his car to replicate that style. I see it as more of a tribute then a rip-off.
speaking of replicating haha I need 17s badly lol
DSCF3475 by machgtr, on Flickr

Last edited by JDMSTYLE; 01-19-2018 at 12:55 AM..
JDMSTYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 11:39 PM   #17520
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Lol. Thanks! I’m dumb and still haven’t figured out what to use instead of photobucket so I just stopped posting lol.

A lot of cool cars in here!
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote