Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #10291
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
13-12 seconds for a 4 banger is still pretty damn fast... even in modern times! you run 13-12 seconds in the 1/4, you can take out 90% of whats rolling around on the street.
True, I remember being amazed at what a 2 liter and some boost could do. Even the evo 8's and STi's were just annihilating 90% of the American competition. It was really cool.

The new cars are getting more and more power, but they are also getting heavier which gives the s-chassis' a huge advantage. The only cars nowadays that are even comparable to the s-chassis is the miata and FR-s but we all know 99% of the time they are stock and slow lol
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #10292
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
...The only cars nowadays that are even comparable to the s-chassis is the miata and FR-s but we all know 99% of the time they are stock and slow lol
Or all show and no go.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:01 PM   #10293
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
back when it was imports vs domestics... you got an amazing sense of pride and accomplishment snapping off a loud and evil sounding V8 with your freshly swapped SR20 or B18
Heh time to date myself. I remember lining up against small block V8's with my built L16 510 .Yup 4 banger single cammer with 240z pistons 40 over 1800 head ported, balanced bottom end, Delong 304/08 cam 456 lift , 273 duration . Sidedraft Weber, hooker headers. Yup that was before I was selling SSS engines. 6 inches on every pull and those guys kept on coming back for more.
150hp in a 2000lb car.
Ya pre SR days when FJ'20's were coveted and hard to get. Of course you can probably see why I wound up getting a 240sx and owning one for over ten years.
Ah those days were fun and now there gone.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 02:32 PM   #10294
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I really wonder how a fast S-chassis would stack up to today's muscle.

Like a 350whp S14 SR vs a 5.0 Mustang or Camaro

pretty good since they are so light and geared low, my s13 sr with an s14 t28 on 10psi has outran a '12 coyote, kenne bell supercharged 2v 4.6 mustang and a 320whp 308sbf foxbody. a 350whp one would embarass a coyote mustang or ls3 camaro
Old 02-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #10295
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So basically a new, prettier (obviously subjective), GTR that is a little slower.

http://jalopnik.com/the-2018-lexus-l...1792600773/amp

Not sure where I stand on this thing. It's like, this or an F Type SVR...I'd have to pick the Jag.
Old 02-22-2017, 07:18 PM   #10296
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Guys guys guys....BREAKING FUCKING NEWS!!!

Ghosn steps down as Nissan CEO/ President!!!!

http://www.motortrend.com/news/carlo...ceo-president/

Whoa whoa whoa. What the fuck will this mean?!?!? Holy shit! This is big.

Last edited by exitspeed; 02-22-2017 at 09:12 PM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #10297
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

What the fuck will this mean?!?!?
it may mean nissan will lose money, or it may mean we will get something that doesn't suck in the distant future, but probably just the money thing.

It is cool that they are under japanese leadership again
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:04 AM   #10298
Bspilner
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Bspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Guys guys guys....BREAKING FUCKING NEWS!!!

Ghosn steps down as Nissan CEO/ President!!!!

http://www.motortrend.com/news/carlo...ceo-president/

Whoa whoa whoa. What the fuck will this mean?!?!? Holy shit! This is big.
Finally! couldn't stand his politics!
Bspilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:26 AM   #10299
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Let's hope Saikawa puts some very-much-needed attention to their sporty car segment and takes some projects out of hiatus. ahem-IDX-ahem
Old 02-23-2017, 10:36 AM   #10300
Bspilner
Zilvia Member

Bspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enoughBspilner will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Let's hope Saikawa puts some very-much-needed attention to their sporty car segment and takes some projects out of hiatus. ahem-IDX-ahem
And does something about the ''Skyline'' (q50) that thing is way too Americanized! Needs some more Japanese flair to it, like a 6mt and sharper looks.
Bspilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #10301
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bspilner View Post
And does something about the ''Skyline'' (q50) that thing is way too Americanized! Needs some more Japanese flair to it, like a 6mt and sharper looks.
Manual transmissions are going the way of the dinosaur for the most part... ESPECIALLY in luxury cars. Dont count on ever seeing manual trannys in Lexus, Infiniti or Acura ever again. Those days are long gone!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:00 AM   #10302
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bspilner View Post
Have you seen the "Japanese flair" these days? They've all lost their minds IMO. The only one making consistently good looking cars right now is Mazda.

Toyotas are trying to be sporty...fail.

Lexus' look like pissed of human-sucking alien vacuum cleaners.

Infiniti has more lines than Barney Stinson and more creases than a bums shirt.

Nissans styling induces comas and the sports models are 10 years old.

Honda is on a quest to make everything giant and look like a Crosstour (one of the most visually unappealing cars in history).

Acura finally has an NSX. Wait do they make other cars? Lol

Mazdas all look the same...but it's like different versions of Scarlett Johansson. You'd hit any of them.

Subaru. Well they just want to be VW. They should rename themselves BB King because the thrill is gone.

And yeah 5mts, 6mts or any mt for that matter is pretty much dead.

But back to celebrating Ghosn gtfo!! Woot!
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 PM   #10303
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Toyotas are trying to be sporty...fail.
GT86 aside the Toyota brand has not produced anything worth driving in years. I don't see why they cannot understand a FWD sedan is not "sporty".

Quote:
Lexus' look like pissed of human-sucking alien vacuum cleaners.

Their styling is very WTF in a bad way. If they would ton down the grills they might be able to make a half decent car.

Quote:
Infiniti has more lines than Barney Stinson and more creases than a bums shirt.

I actually like the Q50 design. I know it will not happen, but I keep dreaming about taking the new 3.0 TT and them dropping it into a Q60 with a 6mt.

Quote:
Nissans styling induces comas and the sports models are 10 years old.

Valid point here. The 370z and GTR are dinosaurs at these point. They both (well technically the 350) lost their original luster, budget (compared to cars they went up against and beat) cars that were faster and better than the cars. Remember when the GTR dropped and it was 70K and just DESTROYING cars that cost 100k plus?

Quote:
Honda is on a quest to make everything giant and look like a Crosstour (one of the most visually unappealing cars in history).

BY no means is it sporty, but the Honda Accord looks pretty decent, as does the new Type R civic, but everything else is just a big snore.

Quote:
Mazdas all look the same...but it's like different versions of Scarlett Johansson. You'd hit any of them.

AGREED. Mazda is killing it in styling. I keep wishing they would chop the front off the 6 slap it on a coupe and toss some doritos and snails in the bay.

Quote:
Subaru. Well they just want to be VW. They should rename themselves BB King because the thrill is gone.

Subaru could be awesome with just a few changes.

-BRZ Sti-boosted FA20 250-280HP stock
-WRX-gets the sti engine 305hp stock
-Sti-gets a 6cy boxer boosted to 435

at the same price points. Tell me that would not be a killer line up.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 PM   #10304
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well, it certainly is good to hear Ghosn will be retracting his grip a little. I'm not expecting much to change, though. His replacement, Hiroto Saikawa, was chosen by Ghosn himself. I don't know anything about the new dude, but I'm sure Ghosn chose someone capable of continuing his legacy of producing completely meh cars.

Mitsubishi has already killed the Evo and Eclipse, their only two cars worth a second glance. What more can Ghosn possibly strip them of? Maybe he could cut the 3cylinder Mirage down to 2cylinders. 3cylinders just seems so unnecessarily sporty.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 06:54 PM   #10305
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Just stoping by to celebrate the end of an era gone too long.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:01 PM   #10306
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Dooooooope.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/the-che...ding-cocktail/
Old 02-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #10307
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that looks mean.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:52 PM   #10308
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
at least some manufacturers are still offering manual transmissions
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:39 PM   #10309
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Well if that isn't a direct reply to the GT350 I don't know what is. Car looks pretty cool but that front grille is just really weird to me.

I hope Ford makes the next GT500 a twin-turbo 5.2L CPC V8 (700+hp) and AWD. This will make it a competitor with the GT-R and maybe just maybe get Nissan off their asses and back into the game.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:57 PM   #10310
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Come on Ford. Try to keep up here.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/a-new-c...thing-we-know/
Old 03-01-2017, 09:22 AM   #10311
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
DOHC V8s replacing the old OHVs. It'll be a sad day when that happens, IMO. Sounds much more expensive to mod & maintain.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:08 PM   #10312
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
DOHC V8s replacing the old OHVs...
If they come out sounding like the new GT350s Im all in!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:23 PM   #10313
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

O. M. F. GAWD! Panamara wagon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/01/2...#slide-4624762
Old 03-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #10314
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
dang

like a cayenne with all the fat cut out and stretched. im loving porsche's design language
Old 03-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #10315
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I want to have all the sex with that thing.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:00 PM   #10316
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Yea, I'd drive the shit out of that. And it's a 4 door, could totally convince the wife it's practical.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #10317
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

No way it's coming in a stick.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:11 PM   #10318
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Doubt it. Might as well and embrace the suck, get used to paddle shift.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:29 AM   #10319
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
By 2025 we'll have a lot of autonomous cars on the road but it won't be an all autonomous market by then....

This shift will be like 2050 or some shit.
Hey remember when I said this and some people said I was way off. Well, at least one industry expert is on the same page.

http://www.autoblog.com/2017/03/06/a...=hp-tile-large
Old 03-07-2017, 06:39 AM   #10320
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Porche gets us.

http://www.caranddriver.com/photo-ga...hotos-and-info

Now just need that Porsche money.