Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Central States

South Central States Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oklahoma, and Texas.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #1
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nistune tuner in san antonio-austin area

Can anyone recommend a decent tuner who is experienced with nistune in the san antonio-austin area?
I hate to start a new thread, but im having trouble finding someone.
I've already got a tune from a reputable shop in houston but im not convinced.
I dont really need a dyno queen, this is my daily driver so i require reliability across the rpm range.
rb25 running a z32 ecu
Old 05-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #2
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
no one?
I read that noribilt here in San Antonio used to tune nistune, but talking to one of the tuners there, apparently they dont anymore.
Other than that, I dont know nor havent read of any other shops that handle nistune.
If not here in town, im sure there are plenty of shops in austin.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:16 PM   #3
feito
Nissanaholic!

I could really use a tuner, guys. I'll drive to houston, even dallas to get a decent tune.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:36 AM   #4
Fastimport

Trader Rating: (0)
Fastimport is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have you Boost Logic in Austin?
They may not be nistune proficient, but they are excellent tuners, and may do what they need to handle nistune.
Experience in tuning in general is more important than having the software for a particular system.
Fastimport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Will hit them up, thanks!
Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #6
lewisfk
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
lewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond reputelewisfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Called Boost Logic @ 1450, they do not support our vehicles. They utilize COBB!
lewisfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #7
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Try Tay @ Tays Automotive. Not exactly sure if he supports Nistune. But he might be able to help you out 469-585-1344.

He's up 35 outside of Fort Worth.

https://www.facebook.com/tayautomotive/
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:51 PM   #8
feito
Nissanaholic!

Great, just hit the up, thanks!
Old 10-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
feito
Nissanaholic!

Big mistake on not doing research on what the locals prefer to tune before getting a platform.
I dont think I'll ever be modifying an electronically controlled engine until I learn how to tune myself. Depending on tuners fucking sucks! Not to mention their costs...
Old 10-19-2017, 07:06 PM   #10
oldschoolsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
oldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of lightoldschoolsilvia is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I take it he wasn't able to help?
oldschoolsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:25 PM   #11
feito
Nissanaholic!

Correct, that was a negative. He recommended me to get haltech. Thanks anyway!