Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
ZachManners
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ZachManners is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 Zenki S14 - RUINED

Decided to maybe keep one of the few 240s I've owned. So why not start a build-thread?
To start off, the sad, sad day I sold the 91 hatch. Was pretty much a unicorn, but had to make some tough decisions and she had to go. Only had a Single Slammer that had issues. Ended up making a lot more on the hatch then I put into it, so I was a happy camper.

Piddled around for a few weeks looking for something else and ended up coming across a 95 S14. Car was originally and auto but was later swapped by the last owner. Swap was done well using quality, new parts and Chase Bays kit.

Pros::
-Low mileage, freshly (somewhat) rebuilt KA.
-ISR Performance 4-2-1 header and full exhuast.
-Tein lowering springs w/ Tokico struts.
-Rota P45R 17x9.5 w/ new tires.
-FULL interior

Only real issues with the car that I found:
-Small rust around the rear quarter panels and rockers.
-Small dent in roof.
-Leaky valve covers.
-Needs S14 speed sensor.
-Horribly tinted taillights.
-Awful rattle-can spray wrap paintjob.

The day I picked her up. Drove home without any issues (aside from not knowing how fast I was going).

Get her home and didn't want to wait, so we started the oddly satisfying task of peeling the whole car.

Some of the rear-quarter rust.

The peeling continues. The wife and friends were happy to help in this endeavor. The following day, I decided she needed more low. Picked up some HSD Mono Pro coilovers from a friend. Never heard of these before, but supposedly they're awesome and slightly expensive. Used but still in solid shape.

After peeling the rest, I had found out the hood was white and also beat to Hell. Also, couldn't stand to look at the tinted taillights anymore. Found a dude that had all the parts PLUS more that I needed. New tails in perfect shape, headlights in better condition, matching red hood, and the guy threw in a plated and welded diff.

Another night putting in more work. New tails, headlights and hood going on.

The next morning.

Later that day after work, even with an impending severe thunderstorm, I decided to get low. Pulled the Tein/Tokico combo and in went the HSDs.

Loving the way she sits now.

Noticed that is was rubbing really bad in the front AND rear. Which was fine because I planned on cutting out the rust and going 30mm+ rear overfenders and either doing a serious roll/pull up front or going 30mm fenders.

Well, one afternoon I started the car and as it was warming up, it bogged out. Then it had an issue with even idling. Started to investigate. Found a few vacuum leaks and cleaned my MAF.

Engine bay shot.

Picked up a Bride seat that ended up not fitting my large ass. So it was traded for my full 5-lug swap.

I've always been a fanboy for legit roof spoilers. Checked with FRSport and they had a special going on the DMax roof spoilers. Had to pick one up.

Mocking it up.

Next issue I addressed was the rusty rear quarter panels. Never had to cut into the body of a car so much before so it was slightly sketchy lol.
Onward we go.

Friend's friend had some legit Origin Lab 30mm rear overfenders. Already had holes drilled so installation was pretty straight forward. Also did a gloss black spray job on the DMax roof spoiler.

Impromptu photoshoot.

Onto the 5-lug swap because I wanted a better selection of wheels and maybe one day be able to sport some baller Works or something. Money was tight due to unexpected bills so I ended up selling the Rotas before I ordered my new wheels. Car sat like a hovercraft for a couple weeks while i waited on the new wheels to come in along with some other new parts.

Finally started my 5-lug. Been there, done that. Always a pain in the ass, especially in 95+ degree Missouri heat.

Out with the old.

In with the new(ish).

Replaced tie-rod ends. Moog seems to be always best. Also needed rear rotors and pads.

Found lower ball joints needed to be replaced BADLY. Pulled lower control arms and wasted some paint on them lol. New Moog ball joints pressed in.

Goodies arrived.

Wheels test-fitted. Ready for rubber. Picked up some Yokohama's 235/45/17 all the way around.

ZachManners is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #2
ZachManners
Leaky Injector

Had to wait on a complete set of Muteki lug nuts and my bumper quick-release straps. She waits...

Finally. New valve cover gasket, Muteki lug nuts and bumper straps showed up.

Sitting right on the new MB Battles. Still thinking I want to space out the rears a bit to fill up that gap.

Ended up picking up a new GReddy Gracer front lip to replace the garbage stock lip. Also, I thought that that lip would set off the front since the rear has everything else done.

Came across some 25mm bolt on spacers for a deal. Going to have to cut out more of my actual fender under my overfender before they'll clear. Gonna get that fitment perfect.

That's as far as I've come. Planning on using some if this good weather this weekend to mount up the bumper with the new lip.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #3
ZachManners
Leaky Injector

The new front lip had marked spot where I'd need to drill for hardware and to mount to the bumper. Everything lined up amazingly.

Very happy with how this lip looks. Still need to install my bumper quick release kit. Should pull the bumper flush with the fenders.

Yup. That fixed it. It'll be nice to be able to remove my bumper without dealing with 3,000 bolts.

Stock grill back in.