Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-29-2018, 11:00 AM   #1
HanzdeFuko
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
HanzdeFuko is on the path to ruinHanzdeFuko is on the path to ruinHanzdeFuko is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Aem wideband offline help!!!!

Hey members, I have a question maybe I can get some help, I have a aem wideband on a 240sx and I notice when I get on it it will turn off, reads sensor offline, what do I check to fix this issue , I don't really know about wiring just the basics, had a shop install it but the shop is like 5 he away, rather fix it myself. Any advice would be nice.
HanzdeFuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2018, 02:49 PM   #2
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
What do you mean "reads sensor offline"?

You said "it will turn off". So I assume the gauge looses power and you can't see anything.

The gauge only has 2 wires: switched +12V, and ground. I would check those two wires for a bad connection.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
HanzdeFuko
Leaky Injector

HanzdeFuko is on the path to ruinHanzdeFuko is on the path to ruinHanzdeFuko is on the path to ruin
Sorry it reads offline , so idk if its the power or ground I would check
Old 04-29-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
HanzdeFuko
Leaky Injector

Like in the display it says sensor offline !!
Old 04-29-2018, 08:32 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Ah. Just did some Google-ing about "AEM wideband offline". It appears that only applies to the Failsafe model. So that must be the version you have. The standard wideband doesn't have that function.

Did a quick skim through the Failsafe manual and couldn't find anything about the offline message.

So maybe check Google, as I saw a bunch of other threads discussing the same error. Seems to be a common problem. Or maybe someone else here can chime in.

The older AEM widebands have 2 connections between the sensor and gauge: one under the car, and one that plugs into the gauge itself. You can check those connections, and inspect the wiring for any breaks (like rubbing through the insulation) between the sensor and gauge.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote