Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-21-2012, 02:47 PM   #361
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hOngsterr View Post
my future set up which im still gathering my items what do you guys think. red is what i already have

Focal 165 KRX
upfront, rear qtr panels, 6x9 infinity reference speakers
running alpine pdx F6 amp for the 2 speakers, rear speakers routed to the pioneer premier 700bt single din with a 10in audiobahn sub w/ported box & 840w amp, RCA cable will be monster 4 gauge, power will be either JL/Kicker 4 gauge wire, and 10 gauge speaker wire, with a capacitor. of course a box of dynamat, maybe more.

(later on maybe a pioneer double din 7in for the built in eq and navi etc)
(later on focal v30 in the rear)
(later on with the v30 speakers, maybe run audison 1k-4 ch)
(later on JL AUDIO W7 10in ported box, or (2) 8" W7's w/ alpine bass controller.)
(later on kinetik secondary battery.)
Since you already have the speakers I can't talk you out of those, but I would do IXOS for all of your wiring. It's better than the Monster Cable... well, better than anything really and cheaper than the Moster Cable/JL Audio etc. Defintiely do Second Skin for your sound deadening. I have carried Dynamat, Roadkill and RAMMmat and have found Second Skin to be the best.

For amplifiers I have always been high on the ARC Audio stuff... specifically the SE line. The SE line may be out of your price range though. However their new XDi line is an amazing chassis size, quality and price. My only complaint is that they do not have a high power 4-channel in that series... only 80x4 RMS. Although when I need a lot of power in 4 channels then I use two of their 804's and bridge each one down to 2-channels... giving me 240watts RMS x 4.

Let me know if you ever want to get out of those Focal and do some Hybrid Audio

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2012, 03:45 PM   #362
crozzover69
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
crozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-knowncrozzover69 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad 2NR View Post
So the 6x9 fits in the rear quarter panel with relatively lil' mods?

No other holes blocked in the quarters?

How well do the plastic covers fit over it?
Yes, I was able to fit the 6x9's in a crevice where the quarter panels seem to
bend in. Lots of space back there.

The crevice where I placed the 6x9 speaker "IS" a big hole, but there aren't
as many as in the doors. If I were picky about the rears I would have also covered
the area in dynamat, but like everyone has said, the main sound-stage is at the front.
Also make sure to have at least 3 holes securing the 6x9, im sure one can be
crafty enough to come up with a better way than mine

Plastic covers fit great over it and as you will see they don't even vibrate.
I have a few missing tabs and it doesn't rattle. I still need to smooth the holes out with
a dremel but so far it works. Measure thrice, cut once. Anyhow here are some pics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdllssatOEg
crozzover69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #363
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
^^^^^^^ Uhhhhhh, I'm assuming you cut out the entire rear panel to let the 6x9 mid play through? I'm hoping that's just a prelim picture you took of the rear speaker!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #364
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
^^^^^^^ Uhhhhhh, I'm assuming you cut out the entire rear panel to let the 6x9 mid play through? I'm hoping that's just a prelim picture you took of the rear speaker!?!
Agreed ^, gonna be holding a lot of sound back behind that panel. Personally I find no need on rear speakers..

Should look into getting a mesh cover for the 6x9's if they did not come with any. Measure it out on the panel and cut then mold in the mesh grill, finish with fiberglass or something. Hard to explain in text form but I'm sure you get me haha.
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:06 PM   #365
Conrad 2NR
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Conrad 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Uuuugh... I think when the time comes I'll look into a sq oriented head unit and some good quality components (DLS?) for my doors which would get some sound deadening.

If I still feel the need after I'll fill in the rear with a 10" IDQ or IDMAX in a sealed box and suitable amp.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:22 AM   #366
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrad 2NR View Post
Uuuugh... I think when the time comes I'll look into a sq oriented head unit and some good quality components (DLS?) for my doors which would get some sound deadening.

If I still feel the need after I'll fill in the rear with a 10" IDQ or IDMAX in a sealed box and suitable amp.
Give me a shout if you need pricing on some ultra high-end stuff.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #367
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
LOL, you must be listening to some real shitty aftermarket setups!?!
I will grant you that I hate shitty setups Im around them all day so Im well aware. Ive heard some good ones too and dont get me wrong I can be impressed but youd be surprised what an Audi offers as a pricey option their best sound package is very good.
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #368
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94spitfire91 View Post
I will grant you that I hate shitty setups Im around them all day so Im well aware. Ive heard some good ones too and dont get me wrong I can be impressed but youd be surprised what an Audi offers as a pricey option their best sound package is very good.
The only Audi I have heard that was worth a piss was an R8. And it still GREATLY lacked what a really nice aftermarket setup can do. I have a feeling my idea of what a really nice aftermarket setup is differs from yours. Trust me, I have personally worked on over 25,000 cars at my shop in the last 20 years... I have heard every OEM system imaginable. Let alone the 60,000 vehicles my other installers have worked on in that time under my supervision. Grant it, I'm sure your OEM system is nice compared to other OEM setups, but you throw in some Hybrid Audio speakers, ARC Audio SE amplifiers and a clean head unit with some balanced line drivers and your socks will be blown off.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #369
georgegto

georgegto is an unknown quantity at this point
Here is my setup

Headunit pioneer
Front: Focal 165vslim
Rear panels: Focal 130cv
Rear: 6x9 JBL T595 limited
Sub: 12" Alpine
4ch Boss amp
2ch JBL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stereo.jpg (65.8 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg rear panel.jpg (60.5 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg trunk.jpg (70.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg trunk 2.jpg (131.4 KB, 92 views)

Last edited by georgegto; 01-22-2012 at 02:53 PM..
georgegto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:35 AM   #370
94spitfire91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (15)
94spitfire91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
The only Audi I have heard that was worth a piss was an R8. And it still GREATLY lacked what a really nice aftermarket setup can do. I have a feeling my idea of what a really nice aftermarket setup is differs from yours. Trust me, I have personally worked on over 25,000 cars at my shop in the last 20 years... I have heard every OEM system imaginable. Let alone the 60,000 vehicles my other installers have worked on in that time under my supervision. Grant it, I'm sure your OEM system is nice compared to other OEM setups, but you throw in some Hybrid Audio speakers, ARC Audio SE amplifiers and a clean head unit with some balanced line drivers and your socks will be blown off.
Ya Id love to see a nice system like that in my other audi which is a shit Delta stereo which is a plumbing brand lol. Im broke so I wont be putting money into a sound system just yet anyway. Money is an issue for most people lets be honest most the kids these days throw a ebay sub and amp in their trunk and call it awesome so I dont see too many great systems id like to see somethin nice like you though. And the R8 doesnt have much room let alone enough for nine speakers and a sub for an adequate sound system which is probably true of most sports or super cars.
94spitfire91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:05 PM   #371
kleenS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
kleenS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Didnt have any speakers before and solid mounts......aka noisy. Put in a whole rack of crap a customer didn't want anymore cuz it was out dated (my car is out dated so its cool lol). Wired in crossovers and cut in tweeters on the rear deck lid. Highs are much better but still needs a sub, just cant figure out anywhere to hide one. Pics.

Im not a big audio guy, would honestly rather listen to my motor all day, but after hours in the car the drone and rumble gets a little old. Not an audiophile's wet dream or anything, but at least its a little different......right? lol
kleenS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #372
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by crozzover69 View Post
please keep this, thats hot fire.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:59 AM   #373
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicelyphe View Post
Where does one acquire this adapter plate? does it work with S14s?
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:04 AM   #374
Brentbohn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Brentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choicesBrentbohn has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
This is the result of too much uncle ben's rice

Wanted: Good well mannered athletic woman with her own classic or sports car.... send photo of car
Brentbohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #375
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERDdabuilder View Post
error
hot fire not found
Old 01-23-2012, 07:31 AM   #376
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Just remove the OEM plastic speaker adapter from the door and trace its footprint onto some 1/4" material... preferably birch plywood, but anything dense will do. Cut a hole in it for a 6.5" speaker and call it a day.

The real question is why you would need one for an S14 considering it comes with 6.5's in the doors already!?!

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #377
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I don't believe they have anything for an S14. But here is a source that sells such items. Yes, as Broadfield said, you can easily fabricate them out of materials from your local hardware store.

PVC Speaker Adapters - CNC Machined - In Stock or Custom Made
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #378
Freddy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Freddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Just remove the OEM plastic speaker adapter from the door and trace its footprint onto some 1/4" material... preferably birch plywood, but anything dense will do. Cut a hole in it for a 6.5" speaker and call it a day.

The real question is why you would need one for an S14 considering it comes with 6.5's in the doors already!?!
I just want to remove OEM plastic adapter in my front door. I couldn't remember if the factory hole was already 6.5. Thanks for the info.
Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #379
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Trader Rating: (73)
hOngsterr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Send a message via AIM to hOngsterr
toby, i'd look into that stuff, but the things i ge is for the price, great or mediocre stuff for a cheaper price then listed ones. i got the focals for 700 otd with 3 year warranty. the sub and amp and infinitys came free, plus the stuff you listed arent in the shops near me, and they would cost more then what i plan to get. i plan to track often, so with that i need a system that i can take out and put in often.
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
hOngsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #380
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!

Walperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really niceWalperstyle is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
I did the large 6.5 speakers in my doors of my s13, using the templates found online. I think its JBL... I really can't remember. Either way, I like it.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #381
biggie
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
biggie is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to biggie
Ebay use to have the adapter plates cheap, not sure if they are still on there.

While I'm here:

G35, stock Bose 8 speaker system.

S13 Coupe, just old Pioneer single CD and 4 Sony 6.5" installed by previous owner. Engine drowns out the music usually.

S13 Vert
Sony Xplod CDX-M8810 CD/MP3 player (w/ remote)
Crossfire VR404 – 4 Channel Amp
MB QUART DSE-216 6.5" Component speakers – Separate tweeter (front)
MB QUART DSE-213 5.25" Component speakers – Separate tweeter (rear)
Crossfire VR602 – 2 Channel Amp
Polk Audio (Momo MM2124) 12” Subwoofer

Last edited by biggie; 01-24-2012 at 07:27 AM..
biggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:14 PM   #382
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
plus the stuff you listed arent in the shops near me, and they would cost more then what i plan to get.
Well I guess I assumed you would buy the product from me... and in case you didn't notice I don't sell the stuff for retail

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #383
Jaescrub
Leaky Injector

Jaescrub is an unknown quantity at this point
Alpine deck with no cd slot just hook ups for digital music Polk db 6 1/2s in front and rear now I'm just needing an amp for the 6 1/2s but don't really know what to use I have always used zapco. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327353888.122871.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327353933.892131.jpg
Jaescrub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #384
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

Quote:
Well I guess I assumed you would buy the product from me... and in case you didn't notice I don't sell the stuff for retail

but also people need to make a living, its easier to lowball the local shops then a fellow pal that needs to ship it over to me lol
OCD isn't so bad just means you'll spend more money then most people, but you'll have a quality car not a POS put together with POS parts.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #385
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Ask for (free) advice.

Buy from someone else.

LOLZilvia.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #386
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

idk if thats towards me, but why does a person who ask for advice generally have to purchase an item from someone on zilvia?
Old 01-23-2012, 06:41 PM   #387
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Print this bad boy and cut the plate out of the proper material.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:40 AM   #388
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Ask for (free) advice.

Buy from someone else.

LOLZilvia.
Quote:
idk if thats towards me, but why does a person who ask for advice generally have to purchase an item from someone on zilvia?
It's cool guys... Jeff was just looking out for us vendors and Hong was simply asking a question in a thread. It's up to me if I want to come in a thread and answer questions or give advice. As I'm sure I can speak for both Jeff and I, it can be a little weird being a vendor on a site where we also like to just be a person, not a vendor. In other words, sometimes there is a fine balance between the amount of help/advice we give and the amount of time it takes us to give said advice. Because as a business, "time is money". However, we want to help out our fellow enthusiasts. I get a lot of users that PM me about walking them through a remote start install that they didn't even buy from me. As a person and 240 owner, I want to help them out. But as a business, I don't have time to email back and forth 10 times to a person that isn't even a customer. However, I tend to be a nice guy and help them out anyway... in hopes that they may buy something from me in the future or at least give me some props in a thread. So carry on!

hOngsterr, just let me know if you ever need anything though... I don't advertise on here any of the high-end stuff I carry.

My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Old 01-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #389
hOngsterr
Bandwagon.

thanks for your imput, but i just posted what my future set up was going to be and what did the other speaker heads though about it, not that i was strictly ONLY going that route, i appreciate the suggestions you gave about different brands etc you trust/go by, you never know things change and i might go a different route. But of course and as always i know that you carry alot of sound and some custom items, and if i can't find it, you'd give me a better alternative.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #390
mysharonna
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (14)
mysharonna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
It's cool guys... Jeff was just looking out for us vendors and Hong was simply asking a question in a thread. It's up to me if I want to come in a thread and answer questions or give advice. As I'm sure I can speak for both Jeff and I, it can be a little weird being a vendor on a site where we also like to just be a person, not a vendor. In other words, sometimes there is a fine balance between the amount of help/advice we give and the amount of time it takes us to give said advice. Because as a business, "time is money". However, we want to help out our fellow enthusiasts. I get a lot of users that PM me about walking them through a remote start install that they didn't even buy from me. As a person and 240 owner, I want to help them out. But as a business, I don't have time to email back and forth 10 times to a person that isn't even a customer. However, I tend to be a nice guy and help them out anyway... in hopes that they may buy something from me in the future or at least give me some props in a thread. So carry on!

hOngsterr, just let me know if you ever need anything though... I don't advertise on here any of the high-end stuff I carry.
I wish people would realize this, maybe you should put an excerpt of this in your sig. I mean, there are always places to find product cheaper (back of van in old grocery store parking lot), but I am going to bet you wouldn't get near the help as you would buying from Toby or Jeff for that matter. I haven't personally bought anything (YET!) from them, but I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra dollar than to get it off Egay. People bitch about stores like Walmart killing the little guy, but they still support it one way or another.
mysharonna is offline   Reply With Quote