Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-14-2018, 05:40 PM   #11011
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Makes me appreciate how well new cars handle thanks to them not having 3’ of ground clearance.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:43 PM   #11012
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
this image doesn't compliment the new mustang, at all...
I dislike the new front end, but the bullit bumper would look great with the Cervini's lip I have on my 15. I'd definitely consider "upgrading" to this model with the "at least 475 hp.." that the car comes with.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:02 PM   #11013
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Makes me appreciate how well new cars handle thanks to them not having 3’ of ground clearance.
yeah, of course. Normally newer technology means better perfomance, no? But in this case I was referring to the aesthetics of these two. Hell, even in its 4x4 form that classic mustang still looks better than its successor. I also like how they chose not to make the paint on the 68 shine haha. But Im sure it's much harder for today's designers to come out with something good looking and innovative than it was back then.
Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 AM   #11014
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had to go back and look at a few pics of my 68. Never occurred to me that they were that damned high off the ground.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:50 AM   #11015
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I’ve never been a a big fan of older muscle cars though. So the off-road looks bother me even more.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:30 AM   #11016
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
They look NOTHING alike, I like both though. It’s like Chrysler was the only company to build a car using 1960-70s language.

Hell even the 350z payed better homage to its past (in terms of design)
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #11017
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So Nissan is planning on bringing back the Xterra...and here's the concept that previews the design.

What's interesting about this is that while sports coupes are essentially a thing of the past, with SUV/CUV sales through the roof, off-roady SUVs and small trucks that were killed off in the mid 00's because of the recession and high gas prices are going to see a renaissance now. This and the new Ranger debuting are perfect examples.
Old 01-16-2018, 01:15 AM   #11018
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
So Nissan is planning on bringing back the Xterra...and here's the concept that previews the design.

What's interesting about this is that while sports coupes are essentially a thing of the past, with SUV/CUV sales through the roof, off-roady SUVs and small trucks that were killed off in the mid 00's because of the recession and high gas prices are going to see a renaissance now. This and the new Ranger debuting are perfect examples.
The new Ranger looks great compared to this monstrosity . Fuck this thing looks like they are copying GM's blocky designs from the early 2000's Fuck the design guys at Nissan need to stop taking drugs.

It's like hey well take cues from the IDX drop some acid and get to work.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 06:29 AM   #11019
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

700+hp Shelby GT500.

Old 01-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #11020
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
700+hp Shelby GT500.

Pretty nice. I actually do like the front of the new Mustangs. It helps lessen the tall front end aspect. I actually liked the Bullit Stang posted earlier. I would consider purchasing it.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-16-2018, 02:48 PM   #11021
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^That looks real nice. I wasn't into the Bullitt at all. Pretty sure I'm gonna own one of these S550's someday.
Old 01-18-2018, 05:58 PM   #11022
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
https://www.popsci.com/carbon-fiber-from-plants

i think this is important to us...

carbon fiber for everyone!
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:35 PM   #11023
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
https://www.popsci.com/carbon-fiber-from-plants

i think this is important to us...

carbon fiber for everyone!
That is dope sign me up! I wpuld love to start a company making plant based carbon fiber for automotive use as well other things . That's future industry type stuff right there.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 01-22-2018, 07:10 AM   #11024
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
In before the real vs fake/plant carbon fiber argument starts...lol

All kidding aside, that sounds so amazing. I know a few years ago, Ford said they were throwing a shit ton of money at carbon fiber research to find ways of making it more affordable. I wonder what became of that...
Old 01-22-2018, 11:51 AM   #11025
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Everyone is still hard at work on it. There was just a rumor that the NEXT gen Silverado will have a CF truck bed.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:04 PM   #11026
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Wasn't it GM that was giving Ford shit in their advertisements on the aluminum bed?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:52 PM   #11027
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The Bullitt is an interesting option. Paint looks fantastic. The only thing I’d be afraid of is the price being very close to 50k. Scary how much more expensive some mustangs have gotten in the past few years. Tracking them won’t be cheap either given the tire sizes.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 AM   #11028
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
Wasn't it GM that was giving Ford shit in their advertisements on the aluminum bed?
Yes it was. Glad someone else caught the irony there. I just said that to my cousin at the Detroit Auto Show last weekend. They actually have a display there of their steel bed va fords aluminum bed showing the aluminum one with a ton of dents. And I mentioned to him “yeah GM wants to make a CF bed”.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #11029
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Are you implying that Carbon isn't multiple times stronger than aluminum?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:32 PM   #11030
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Yes it was. Glad someone else caught the irony there. I just said that to my cousin at the Detroit Auto Show last weekend. They actually have a display there of their steel bed va fords aluminum bed showing the aluminum one with a ton of dents. And I mentioned to him “yeah GM wants to make a CF bed”.
I read something yesterday, can't remember where now, that GM and Dodge are sticking with steel. We'll see I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Are you implying that Carbon isn't multiple times stronger than aluminum?
Not even a little bit. It is however, an unconventional material that requires non-standard repair methods in an area prone to damage. That's the main issue behind the aluminum bed.
Old 01-29-2018, 03:55 AM   #11031
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ck-comparison/

Wow. Crazy comparison test. It’s nuts the type of performance the Camaro has. They just need to redesign that thing and give it better outward visibility.

I saw a white/black ZL1 at the Detroit show and honestly it was so fucking bad ass looking. Visibility issues aside, I’d have no problem driving that thing. And $72k seems like a bargain.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:35 AM   #11032
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...ck-comparison/

Wow. Crazy comparison test. It’s nuts the type of performance the Camaro has. They just need to redesign that thing and give it better outward visibility.

I saw a white/black ZL1 at the Detroit show and honestly it was so fucking bad ass looking. Visibility issues aside, I’d have no problem driving that thing. And $72k seems like a bargain.
1Le: "Murder was the case that they gave me..."

I'm gonna say this stomping came down to the Mustang weighing 123lbs more, showing up with a full inch less rubber all around and harder compound tires. The PP2 might beat it in a few months, but when the PP1 is already more expensive than the 1LE, that ain't a lot of bragging rights left over, especially considering they've had like 3 years to close in on this Camaro... smh
Old 01-29-2018, 03:51 PM   #11033
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
The zl1 1le is flat out the best performance car value there is for road race imo.

I like the 66k-ish grand sport a lot too, but unlike the Camaro I think the Vette nickels and dimes customers too much for options that should come standard like the Recaro buckets.

Another thing I love about Chevy is they typically make enough cars where dealers have no reason to tack on outrageous ADMs. Can’t say the same thing about Ford and the gt350. You can probably get decent discounts with the regular zl1s and grand sports
Old 01-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #11034
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Well Nissan finally opened up about the Z and it is pretty much exactly what we’ve thought.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissa...time-soon/amp/

Basically they are working on a new Z but have no idea wtf they are doing. Lol. And the current Z is going to soldier on for the near future.

Wow Nissan, grow some fucking balls.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:24 PM   #11035
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Onwards with mediocrity!

Old 01-29-2018, 07:09 PM   #11036
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

I believe them when they say the market for the Z is shrinking. Makes total sense they have less commercial incentive and I can't fault Nissan for that.

A shame also the Renault Alpine and Megane Trophy R are unlikely to be rebranded as a Nissan and sold in the US. I would be totally interested in the Z if it was an Alpine.
Old 01-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #11037
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motortrend Reporting on How Stupid Nissan Is
“The Z is a difficult market. It is rather shrinking worldwide."

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHH!

No shit! NO ONE WANTS THE SAME EXACT CAR THAT THEY BOUGHT 10 YEARS AGO!!!! well, except for the 180sx because... 180sx

The entire automotive industry has moved on while Nissan is still stuck back in 2008 saying "Hey, check out the 370z! its AWESOME! Oh wait... ITS 2018?!"

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #11038
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

I'm surprised it's lasted this long. Then again, the 350/370z never did anything for me. I test drove a 350 when they first hit the dealer. Wasn't impressed. Felt cheap and soulless.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:00 AM   #11039
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Saying the segment in shrinking is a fucking cop out. While the Z isn’t a pony car, it’s priced in that same range. It needs to be redesigned to compete with them. Those cars (and the challenger) are selling 60,000-75,000 examples a year. If they made the car WORTH it they could easily get at least 40,000 sales a year out of the Z. They’d have to be happy with that.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:41 AM   #11040
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I test drove a 350 when they first hit the dealer. Wasn't impressed. Felt cheap and soulless.
That's feature, not a problem... How else could a damn near bankrupt Nissan sell a car that was faster than the current Mustang GT despite having 1.1L less displacement at about the same price? Had to make that thing cheap AF. Let the owners turn to the aftermarket to inject some soul into it... haha

I hate the VQ35DE with a passion. It's like a KA with less charm. But damn if that car isn't a bargain right now.
Quote:
Well Nissan finally opened up about the Z and it is pretty much exactly what we’ve thought.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/nissa...time-soon/amp/

Basically they are working on a new Z but have no idea wtf they are doing. Lol. And the current Z is going to soldier on for the near future.

Wow Nissan, grow some fucking balls.
Speaking of things I hate with a passion... Man, I hated the Z34's looks for a long time when it first came out. But it's grown on me over time. Thanks to Nissan's indecision about what to do with it, I'd say it and the Z33 with be easy/cheap "go to" options for motorsports enthusiasts for a long time. The street is flooded with these bastards.