Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Replica wheels....Would u run them?

Yes this topic is a old and tired debate and has been beat to death but I wanna know everyone's thoughts.

Ideally of course who wouldn't wanna the real deal but it seems on face book groups all I see now a days are jnc, varstoen, esr, vardoven wheels on a lot of cars.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2018, 02:57 PM   #2
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Until I'm able to comfortably afford something better yes, but only from a brand that at least is actively run by others so I can see that they're not pure garbage.

I don't expect a rep wheel to withstand any kind of harsh impact but I also expect it to at least function if that makes any sense.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #3
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
hello what year is it?

there’s no excuse to run replica/knockoff wheels anymore. the market is saturated with cheap real wheels. takes 5 minutes to find a set of decent candidates for relip on yaj. built a pair of vs-ss for under $250. teammate built a set of ssr strusse for under $500. shit is cheap if you aren’t a lazy, ignorant fool. even new wheels like 57dr are under $1300 for a set shipped if you know where to look. and most legit events with sponsors offer discounts for drivers.

basically reps are for posers who are lazy and don’t actually drive their cars. if you have reps you probably suck

Last edited by deolio; 01-21-2018 at 05:05 PM..
Old 01-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #4
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
I even have work wheels on my prius so I'm not a supporter of reps
Old 01-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #5
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Get some battles and CST center caps, varstoens with volk stickers, or rota p45r's with nismo stickers!

Same thing as the legit brand and a quarter of the price. Just tell everyone they're real. Even in the face of proof that they're fake hold your ground and insist they are real!
Old 01-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #6
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
I even have work wheels on my prius so I'm not a supporter of reps
lmao
Old 01-19-2018, 03:42 PM   #7
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_crew10 View Post
lmao
Not even joking have 18 inch work m1r on it

Old 01-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #8
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I bought some vs-mx from YAJ at decent offset and width for 500 shipped a couple years ago.

deolio is right its not that hard to get quality wheels.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:58 PM   #9
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Ran Rota's for a long time. Actually have been around a couple of friend's and now our shop owner has them. They've been to countless drift events and who knows how many street miles now. Still solid.
I have XD9's now, real wheels are cool, but not necessary.

Build a car within your budget and focus on the stuff that is most important (engine internals, etc.) Then upgrade as you see fit.

Couple of my friends have ditched their real wheels as they've gotten more serious in drifting because they want to have 12 or so matching wheels, and with money from selling their real wheels they had money to buy a ton of reps.

Hating on reps i usually see (or hope at least) as just light hearted trolling.
Old 01-19-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
I mean when I bought my car it had reps on it, and I cant really afford new wheels rn so I guess I'm stuck with them for now. I generally don't mind tho.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:42 PM   #11
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
People will rock fake wheels, but won't rock a fake phone.
Old 01-19-2018, 10:22 PM   #12
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Couple of my friends have ditched their real wheels as they've gotten more serious in drifting because they want to have 12 or so matching wheels, and with money from selling their real wheels they had money to buy a ton of reps.
if they were real serious about drifting they'd get real wheels. on that wack ass formula d shit.
Old 01-19-2018, 11:41 PM   #13
Sergio180sx
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
Sergio180sx is on the path to ruinSergio180sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Whoa! Your sooooo cool cause you have volks or works!! Who gives a fuck, I will rock reps any day!!!! Varrstoens have never let me down!!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftOutlaw View Post
No not at the moment but an easy fix. just swap the motor I have in and take the old one out.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #14
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
In THEORY, I'd rock reps. That being said, I have generally followed Deolio's course of action looking on yas or checking for weaksauce wheels to rebuild. I honestly REALLY want to run reps, but my snobbery won't let me. The idea of paying a few grand for the wheels I want kinda pisses me off when I can get the wheels that LOOK like what I want and some spacers for a fraction of the price. However, until I'm able to get over myself, I'll never buy reps.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:05 AM   #15
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
In the last 5 years i've owned 3 sets of rotas, a set of varrstoens and then eventually built my works.

I've got no complaints about replica wheels, but I always aimed to have "real" wheels.

There are definitely cheaper monoblock wheels from reputable companies. Enkei is a very well reputable brand and make some wheels in the $1000 price range, if thats your thing.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:42 AM   #16
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The only reason I don't run reps, is because they're all ugly. They either have weird double drilled patterns, the wrong concavity, bad finishes or an ugly brand sticker. There is always something just weird looking about them and its always a super subtle issue.

Plus as others pointed out, "real" wheels are cheap as fuck. I've had sets of Equips, Cerberus, XT7s, and VSXXs all under a grand. The matched drift spare thing also doesn't really make sense to me, but then again I have no plans for sponsorship or competition.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:44 AM   #17
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My drift spares match.

My wheels are real.

Do I win?
Old 01-20-2018, 08:12 PM   #18
JustinChillenBallin
Leaky Injector

JustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymoreJustinChillenBallin is not welcome here anymore
Send a message via AIM to JustinChillenBallin
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
My drift spares match.

My wheels are real.

Do I win?
you win my heart and (kia) soul
Old 01-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #19
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio180sx View Post
Whoa! Your sooooo cool cause you have volks or works!! Who gives a fuck, I will rock reps any day!!!! Varrstoens have never let me down!!.
Completely missed the point of the thread.

On topic, as pointed out earlier, there is seriously no excuse to own reps anymore. "I can't afford real wheels" is literally invalid as you browse fb, ebay, yaj, here, literally anywhere and find used real wheels for less than most brand new reps easily.
Old 01-21-2018, 04:11 PM   #20
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'm sorry but who the fuck are you to tell people how they are allowed to spend their money? This thread is fucking dumb.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #21
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^haha who are you talking to exactly? I don’t think anyone told anyone else “you must spend your money on real wheels.”

OP was asking what people use and they clearly prefer real wheels.
Don’t get so defensive about replica wheels when people say they prefer real ones.
There’s a difference between telling someone how to spend their money and just giving general sound advice.
Buy reps if you want but don’t complain when people bag on them. Don’t complain if they break. And don’t use “replicas are cheaper” as an excuse when a wheel of higher quality/design could have been had for the same price.
I believe that’s what they mean when they say “no excuse.” Not them telling you how to spend your money.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:40 PM   #22
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
The bigger problem is soliciting the opinion of internet strangers for no other reason than validation. Real wheels to include brands like Enkei can be had so cheap nowadays I really see no reason to rock fake wheels. On the other hand, for whatever reason I decide to run Rota's I could not care less what people on Zilvia or anyone for that matter has to say about it.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:13 PM   #23
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I think it's pretty funny that everyone here is so quick to hate on "rep wheels". Real wheels aren't cheaper than rep ones. Sure if you dig through facebook, zilvia and yaj for 6 months you might find something, but it's a lot more convenient to hop on ebay and buy some XXRs in sizing you actually want for $125 a piece. I would much rather see a car on reps that suit the rest of the car than some garbage, shitty offset, chrome peeling 3 piece pieces of trash that you shipped from Japan for $800. Just because they're "real wheels" doesn't mean that it's always the better option. Last I checked every other set of TE37 and AVS 5 for sale has 12 different cracks in them.

For the record I have gram lights, advans and r34 wheels, I used to have reps until I could afford to not compromise on what I bought. First that thread on used YAJ stuff and now this, zilvia is just turning into a bunch of people bitching about whatever they don't like.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:27 PM   #24
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
I didn't think people gave a shit anymore.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #25
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Xxrs are generally ugly as sin.
My advan set has no cracks anywhere and was just over $1000 total.
R33 wheels can be had for $8-900.
If you’re going to buy some reps on eBay for $5-600, save one more paycheck and get something decent.

You say it’s more convenient to get xxrs. The easy convenient way out is why we have so many shitty cars driving around.
In the YAJ thread, some people compared it to shoe enthusiasts.
You think you go onto a forum full of shoe enthusiasts and show off some $50 eBay ‘Yeezys’?
They were real easy and convenient to get.

It’s kinda lame to support shitty companies who make poor quality product with ripped off designs because it’s easy.
Some people take pride in their cars and work hard to have the things they have, so if they don’t like when a bunch of cheap eBay imitations show up overnight, I can understand that.

OP was very neutral and didn’t say anything negative towards rep wheels. Just asking opinion.
Old 01-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #26
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
I'm sorry but who the fuck are you to tell people how they are allowed to spend their money? This thread is fucking dumb.
Nowhere in this thread did anyone try to tell anyone else how they are "allowed" to spend their money.

People are allowed to spend their money however they want to and people are allowed to disagree with it. I think spending $1k on a set of varrstoens is stupid as shit, but who cares. Plenty of people in the world probably think all of us on this forum are dipshits for spending thousands of dollars on Nissans. Who cares. They can feel that way.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:41 AM   #27
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
Nowhere in this thread did anyone try to tell anyone else how they are "allowed" to spend their money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
If you’re going to buy some reps on eBay for $5-600, save one more paycheck and get something decent.

Ok.

Also telling people there's no excuse to buy reps, implying that people who do have to explain their reasoning.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:19 AM   #28
VenomKillz
Zilvia Junkie

VenomKillz is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd never run rep/fake wheels, but that's just how I am. I'm like that with everything, seats, aero, parts, etc.; it kinda sucks, but I'd rather save my money to buy something that I know will last and is well made. Yeah, it'd be way easier to buy some rep wheels that look alright or look better than stocks(if you have stock wheels), but that's up for you to decide.
Old 01-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #29
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Stupid thread, stupid content.

If op would just search, he’d already know the answer.

If you just wanted to make ANOTHER dumb thread, okay...

Rep wheels, hahaha....NO ONE ON ZILVIA LIKES REPS.

If I’m required I can snap shot or link the numerous threads or comments about why reps suck.

Turboshoebox,
Next time you have a question like this, just pm me. I’ll tell you what you need to know.

On topic:
REPS SUCK; ZILVIA has held this opinion since it’s inception.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #30
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman5982 View Post
Ok.

Also telling people there's no excuse to buy reps, implying that people who do have to explain their reasoning.
I'm not the one who thinks that, Rep wheel owners are. I've literally never talked to someone with reps who didn't say "I only bought them because *insert excuse here*" as if they have to defend their decisions for some reason.
Closed Thread