Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #1
SR20DETsilvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
SR20DETsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SR20DET - Engine Management..

Hey Guys,

I was just curious what you guys with sr's were/are running for engine management.

My motor is being built so it will be the typical fully built redtop.. cp pistons, eagle rods, BC cams, spring/retainer kit and supertech valves..

I have a powerfc currently but I'm having a hard time finding a place in Alberta (Canada) to get it tuned properly and locally.

Just looking for opinions on different options..haltech, mircotech, pfc, nistune etc etc etc!

Thanks for any suggestions!
SR20DETsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2011, 12:33 AM   #2
chituntang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
chituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nicechituntang is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
well, using different management has different advantage/disadvantage. I just do not know why you cannot find somebody to tune it...

Going rom tune is the cheapest, but every time you upgrade something else, you have to spend the money again to retune. Of course it will be expensive if you do a dyno rom tune. For basic bolt on and a one size up turbo upgrade.

PFC and AEM EMS are pretty good entry level stand-alone systems. Great price. A lot of people can tune it. Where you at.

The expensive unit like Haltech and Microtech is a start from scratch stand-alone system. They use their own equipments to monitor you engines (like crank trigger sensors). The adjust-ability and the depth you can tune the car is way better than PFC and AEM EMS. I only see myself using these systems if I have a full blown race car. I will have different turbos and cams for different tracks just like different suspension profile for different tracks.

But if you know you will never upgrade the car again, rom tune is a really good option. If you know you will put a bigger turbo on it, doing meth, and/or running e85 in the future, PFC and AEM seems a better option.
chituntang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 PM   #3
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
AEM are pretty famous here for being difficult to tune and resetting their settings or completely making them disappear. Nistune is tuner friendly and cheap. I don't know what ecus are popular in USA, but a really good race ecu is Autronic SMC and SM4 for a full race car. Easy to tune and come with autotuner that actually works and makes setting up really easy and less time on the dyno. However, it is not very cheap.
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote