Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-18-2017, 07:10 AM   #31
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm planning on getting the StanceParts setup myself and saw on their page they talked about possibly not getting the full 2" of lift on stiffer springs without helper springs.

What spring stiffness are you running? I'm on 8k/6k Tein he's and was going to go 10k/8k so I could go lower and not worry as much about making bacon fenders, but I know I'll need all 2" since my headers and exhaust already hang pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2017, 07:20 AM   #32
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse13 View Post
I'm planning on getting the StanceParts setup myself and saw on their page they talked about possibly not getting the full 2" of lift on stiffer springs without helper springs.

What spring stiffness are you running? I'm on 8k/6k Tein he's and was going to go 10k/8k so I could go lower and not worry as much about making bacon fenders, but I know I'll need all 2" since my headers and exhaust already hang pretty low.
i have 8k fronts. Adding the cups will raise your car almost an inch. I went with 6 inch springs because I had 7 inch springs. Doing that made my ride height damn near what it was before i added the cups.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:24 AM   #33
MightyMouse13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MightyMouse13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsu1012 View Post
i have 8k fronts. Adding the cups will raise your car almost an inch. I went with 6 inch springs because I had 7 inch springs. Doing that made my ride height damn near what it was before i added the cups.

Thanks for all the insight. Can't wait to get these. Homeowners association put a new speed bump literally about 20 steps from my driveway on one side and 20 steps on the other (HOA pres lives across the street from us and hates us and our cars). Going to be so nice to not have to ride hella high just to leave the house (and give him some nice 5 am 7k revs.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MightyMouse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 07:57 PM   #34
silnv
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (39)
silnv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silnv
Hate to dig up an old thread. But I’m hoping to hear from some of the OPs. I am currently looking into these setups and would like some feedback. How has the longevity been? Did you go with 4 cups or just 2 on the front. What brands are you using and do you recommend them?

Thanks!