Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-22-2017, 07:26 PM   #1
BakemonoRicer

Trader Rating: (0)
BakemonoRicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Big spec build - the nissan s15 silvia

I picked up the S15 back in 2012 from a 50 yr old lady owner who had owned the car since brand new.

The subframe came out in 2015...adding in Yanack solid diff bushes & solid rear knuckle bushes, Nismo reinforced subframe bushes & LCA's to compliment the HKS/Ikeya Formula suspension setup (which was installed near the start of the build). The standard clutch let go fairly early on and it was replaced with an ORC 559 twin plate solid centre clutch.

The rear guards were rolled to accept a set of VOLK TE37SL's 17x9 +22. With the AD08R's these mods transformed the look & handling of the car. The bootlid is a carbon piece from Sunline Racing. It replicates the factory structure and as a result is bloody expensive at $3k.

I'd accumulated a heap of parts from Japan and after taking the car off the road in Nov 2015 I got to work installing all the bits & pieces. The pictures below show the stage I reached before me & an engine builder mate decided to take off the head off & send it to NAPREC in Japan for a full big valve build. More to come later

BakemonoRicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2017, 04:32 AM   #2
BakemonoRicer

Trader Rating: (0)
BakemonoRicer is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cylinder head is ready to be reassembled. Race ported by hand with a cnc drag spec combustion chamber.... oversize valves (lapped), JUN valve guides....& head skimmed to suit. All work done by NAPREC japan....precision at its finest

BakemonoRicer is offline   Reply With Quote