Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-24-2012, 01:46 PM   #331
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki_10 View Post
So.. LMK when you want the sell the s13!
I'm open to offers. I just put the car away for winter but I'm contemplating selling it since I barely drive the thing. Between this, my evo, the other S14 and a Porsche I maybe put 1500 miles on it last year.

Or maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon and part it out haha. Na, that'll never happen too much of my time has gone into building this car to part it out.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #332
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Wait. Porsche?
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:32 PM   #333
powahh
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
powahh is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstl_pete View Post
I'm open to offers. I just put the car away for winter but I'm contemplating selling it since I barely drive the thing. Between this, my evo, the other S14 and a Porsche I maybe put 1500 miles on it last year.

Or maybe I'll jump on the bandwagon and part it out haha. Na, that'll never happen too much of my time has gone into building this car to part it out.
Hate to see the part out happen, but if anything, dibs on your KWs!! First!
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 AM   #334
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
I caved and bought a Porsche 930 Turbo a few weeks ago. I've always like the older Porsches and this one happen to be in the right price range. It's going to keep me busy next year as I plan to do some minor mods to it.

Trust me, I aint parting this thing unless I run into dire straits. I'd rather drive it 4 times a year then see it get torn down. I've got too much time and emotional investment into this car to part it out.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:38 AM   #335
SuperBlackS14
Zilvia Junkie

SuperBlackS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know that feeling, and IMHO, that's how it should be. Great work on the S13, it looks... Well gorgeous.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:14 AM   #336
kyles1988
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
kyles1988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Between this, my evo, the other S14 and a Porsche I maybe put 1500 miles on it last year.
I only have 2 cars (hatch and daily CRV) and I still only managed to put 600 miles on my hatch this year.
kyles1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #337
Broadfield
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (163)
Broadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to allBroadfield is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 163 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyles1988 View Post
I still only managed to put 600 miles on my hatch this year.
.... and that was mostly in just one weekend to go see your twin brother

Peter, if you do indeed decide to sell the hatch, please let me know. Do you have any idea of asking price?

Follow Along For My Latest Work
My Portfolio
Please Share
Check Out My Builds
Broadfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:56 AM   #338
RastaS14
Leaky Injector

RastaS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its good to hear you are not going to part it out! It hurts seeing nicely built s-chassis getting ripped apart.
RastaS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #339
Tabasco69

Tabasco69 is an unknown quantity at this point
So maybe it would be a good idea to just install a new fuel tank for a build like this and did you ever get around to wrapping the cat that was close to the fuel supply line?
Tabasco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #340
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadfield View Post
.... and that was mostly in just one weekend to go see your twin brother

Peter, if you do indeed decide to sell the hatch, please let me know. Do you have any idea of asking price?
Toby- I'm going to mull it over this winter. Part of me really wants to keep it but financially speaking I could always use the money. I'm thinking in the 20K-ish range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco69 View Post
So maybe it would be a good idea to just install a new fuel tank for a build like this and did you ever get around to wrapping the cat that was close to the fuel supply line?
Look a few pages further back, I redid the entire fuel system so that it doesnt have that problem anymore. The car is now CA smog legal, too bad its 3000 miles away from a ref.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #341
Tabasco69

Tabasco69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry man I was with you up to a point, like page 10, must of missed it, screw the ref I think you did it because you knew it needed to be done.
Tabasco69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #342
AsleepAltima
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
AsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura aboutAsleepAltima has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
just read all 12 pages in one sitting. phew!! lol.

great thread and great build. and to think, im stressing about my sr when i make the move from ny to cali in a couple months... lol
AsleepAltima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:17 PM   #343
SlideOrDie831
Zilvia Member

SlideOrDie831 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianN. View Post
I miss NC, no smog.
This!

smog is only for OBD 2 equipped cars in NC

anyways...

one had ass build. hope everything works out.
SlideOrDie831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #344
subiesean
Zilvia Junkie

subiesean is an unknown quantity at this point
just read your article in last months modified mag and saw the story you did on this car! Came here and read your entire build thread. Awesome story, shitty luck on the journey to canada but glad she made it in one piece!!!

Wish you could get a ref just to rub it in their face about the fpr being fixed now and it actually being legal i bet!

Cant wait to read more on it, love the car and it was an awesome read
Old 12-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #345
wacko2
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
wacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her selfwacko2 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sick car an nice LS swap
wacko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:58 AM   #346
ThatJDMSteven

ThatJDMSteven is an unknown quantity at this point
Any updates as of 2014?
ThatJDMSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 AM   #347
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatJDMSteven View Post
Any updates as of 2014?
He sold the car, he's working on an S2000 now, and has some other projects
Old 08-13-2014, 11:00 AM   #348
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just went through all twelve pages and damn, this might be one of my all-time favorite builds. I believe we have similar tastes and preferences as far as keeping things, simple, clean, and functional. Good work man. Clean Bimmer too!
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #349
skimmpysb
Zilvia Junkie

skimmpysb is an unknown quantity at this point
not like this matters, but what were your average mps on the highway, when you werent getting into it?
Old 08-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #350
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimmpysb View Post
not like this matters, but what were your average mps on the highway, when you werent getting into it?
Oh it matters! When I built the car I thought I'd be getting 30+mpg on the highway but it turns out that it was more like 22-23mpg on the highway (driving 70mph). Mainly due to the fact that I have the stock diff gear ratio so I'd see 2000rpm at 65mph.

As for the city, didn't keep track because it was so hard to drive the car in a normal fashion. I'd always be on it.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:43 AM   #351
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatJDMSteven View Post
Any updates as of 2014?
I sold it to someone in the Bay area who has smogged it (legally) so it's being put to good use.

I'm actually still building a 240SX, an S14 w/ SR power, and a host of other cars. You can see what I'm up to on http://www.speed.academy
Old 09-11-2014, 11:22 PM   #352
k240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
k240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wink More than 28mpg now haha

Quote:
Oh it matters! When I built the car I thought I'd be getting 30+mpg on the highway but it turns out that it was more like 22-23mpg on the highway (driving 70mph). Mainly due to the fact that I have the stock diff gear ratio so I'd see 2000rpm at 65mph.

As for the city, didn't keep track because it was so hard to drive the car in a normal fashion. I'd always be on it.
Hi Peter

Long time no see ! How you doing ? Still in Canada or SoCal now ?!?

Just want to give u a update :

After a good tuning and this car now got 28+ mpg on freeway when I drive 70-75 all trip (with AC on )

I didn't try it when AC off in these days haha ,so I think will be even better !

And is fun to drive )
k240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #353
SM514

SM514 is an unknown quantity at this point
HOLY ROADKILL!!!!
I know that garage!
Good looking 240. It looks really nice. And it's nice to see some big time hot rodders pick up an import here and there.
Let me know if you're ever in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Maybe we can see who is faster around Watkins.
Nick
SM514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 02:38 PM   #354
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k240sx View Post
Hi Peter

Long time no see ! How you doing ? Still in Canada or SoCal now ?!?

Just want to give u a update :

After a good tuning and this car now got 28+ mpg on freeway when I drive 70-75 all trip (with AC on )

I didn't try it when AC off in these days haha ,so I think will be even better !

And is fun to drive )
Kenny! Great to here the AC is working and you're getting that great MPG!!

I miss the LS powered 240 a lot and I'm already thinking about what my next project with an LS engine will be but first I have to finish my 2JZ into the BMW Wagon project.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #355
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM514 View Post
HOLY ROADKILL!!!!
I know that garage!
Good looking 240. It looks really nice. And it's nice to see some big time hot rodders pick up an import here and there.
Let me know if you're ever in the Finger Lakes region of NY. Maybe we can see who is faster around Watkins.
Nick
Hey Nick,

The guys from Hot Rod really liked this build and there were plans for testing it and a lot more in California but the company went through a lot of changes and sadly I didn't get a chance to get any real data on the car but Carlos from Motortrend is building the same car essentially but I'm sure you follow that build already.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:56 AM   #356
Oakville
Zilvia Junkie

Oakville is an unknown quantity at this point
This build is awesome, surprised I haven't opened it up before!

Just did some googling..so cool that you had/have access to that garage, Im a big roadkill fan and that garage just looks like the heaven
Old 10-20-2014, 01:42 PM   #357
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

I wanted to post a link to a 4 part story that I just finished on my site.

Walks through the LS3 engine swap process: http://speed.academy/nissan-240sx-v8...how-to-part-1/

There are a lot of details in this thread but even more in the guide. Hope it helps some people out!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #358
Purestock240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Purestock240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
you stopped in at my 240 junkyard in ontario a few years ago. car turned out awesome! curious where it is now
Purestock240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:19 PM   #359
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Did I get a bunch of manual seatbelt parts? If so I totally remember you, thanks again for all the bits.

k240sx (read above) owns the car now. Its back in California where is belongs. Kenny do you have any updated photos of the car? I'd love to see em!
Old 09-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #360
k240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
k240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
CA

Quote:
Did I get a bunch of manual seatbelt parts? If so I totally remember you, thanks again for all the bits.

k240sx (read above) owns the car now. Its back in California where is belongs. Kenny do you have any updated photos of the car? I'd love to see em!

It got internal upgrade (like piston ,Rod , crank shaft ,springs ,,,,,,, etc ) , and Now it got 31 miles / gallon hahaha , 384 WHP/388 !!

I love it !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (148.2 KB, 107 views)
k240sx is offline   Reply With Quote