Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:45 PM   #1
swami

Trader Rating: (0)
swami is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 window seals

Hey folks. Would love a second opinion on this. I recently purchased this all-original '97 s14, and i'm trying to figure out the best course of action to deal with this window trim situation. I've owned several 240Zs but this is my first s-chassis. Is it normal for the window trim to pop out like this? I swung by a local reputable body shop and the guy basically told me to do nothing because digging into this would likely create new problems. I'm just worried that rain is gonna get in here and start creating rust issues.

Figured I'd ask the experts here on Zilvia. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Yes it does leak water on the quarter windows. I know the quarter window glass and trim come as one piece and are hard to come by these days. Would it be prohibitively expensive to address this problem? Am I worrying too much about rust? Would love to hear anyone's opinions on this. Thanks!

swami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links