Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:59 PM   #601
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2014, 10:11 PM   #602
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EreCD5XZHtM
IIIXziuR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #603
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattenDriftR1 View Post
I'm still pretty bummed I didn't make it out to ASB14, but I'm way stoked that you were able to get out there and tear it up.

Can't wait to trade paint wit ya!

#wyldstallyns bruh!
I was totally expecting you to be out there!! I saw your name on the drivers list too?! was def looking forward to it! Just wasn't happening or what?!
Old 10-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #604
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
NICE!!!!! love it!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM   #605
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:!!! "Aftermath"

The wolf took a bit of damage over the weekend at ASB. Mechanically sound. But I did notice my oil cooler fans stopped working early Sunday morning. Had a look yesterday and found that my 245/40/18 RSR's had rubbed through them juuuuust enough to most likely blow the fuse. So, I cut the complete damaged section out, re routed it and soldered in new wire, so it's no where near the rub zone now. I used some left over clear heat shrink I had in my shrink bag..... don't know why i love clear heat shrink so much....But I do haha. Also, broke the nifty brake line mounts on my coilovers and saw just how much the tires were hitting everywhere....even with the added clearance. So i've realized and decided.... I'm just going to have to learn to drive on a smaller diameter front tire. Watch this decision come back and Bite me in the ass...probly when I need the grip up front. I also ended up having to remove my coolant over flow because the tire had rubbed through it as well. Made a make shift over flow for the time being out of a "smart water" bottle but I'd like to get something a little more pleasant sooner than later. Also, guess what?!! my dam Helmet came in....after the event. So I stickered it up a bit with my cousins Company "Melin Brand." So the next big decision is going to be how I'm going to run the track event at this years Seven Stock on Saturday November 22nd and then make the Just Drift HTM even on sunday the 23rd. I truly enjoy drifting quite a bit more than driving the circuit for time But it's fun to hit the track every once in a while. I just understand the demands on the car...and My brakes (lets be honest) suck right now. OEM rotors, OEM pads.....They aren't even close to being up to the cars capabilities. I talked to A really nice guy at Willwood brakes this past mazdafest and he said to come talk to him...but I lost track of time and forgot to stop by his booth. Either way, track time is always fun. So here are a couple pictures.

Melinbrand hats

rubbed through

Federal 595 RSR 245/35/18 up front...VERY aggressive for us Fd guys.

fixed

New Section in...re-routed and out of the way

Coolant Overflow woes

Make-shift smart water overflow

Broken Brake Line route mounts.....they're kinda pointless anyways.

And Check out this snap from SuperWowFactory!

Also..if you look in this last picture I have a piece of what looks like wiring....hanging down beneath the car. Well it's not wire....it's actually my AEM water methanol injection line to the rear mounted reservoir. It's not being used right now and the line must've gotten damaged in one of my off track adventures. I'll re-route it before I get to the track next.... actually,...maybe i'll do that today after work.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #606
slammed_fc
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
slammed_fc is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet dude!

im running 215's on 9.5J on my FC. Triangle tires at that!!! never understeer or anything like that

i keep the hankook rs3 and shit for the rear

you would be fine with a smalled width tire
slammed_fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:33 PM   #607
hattenDriftR1
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
hattenDriftR1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
I was totally expecting you to be out there!! I saw your name on the drivers list too?! was def looking forward to it! Just wasn't happening or what?!
In an effort to ensure that the wife and I go to Spain/Italy/Greece in July 2015, I decided that I would skip this ASB and not overhaul the track car until early first quarter 2015. However, if all goes well as a Client Advisor for BMW, then having "fun money" shouldn't be a problem and I'll be participating in as many drift/track events as I can.
Old 10-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #608
RB2.5

RB2.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
More videos!!!
RB2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #609
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattenDriftR1 View Post
In an effort to ensure that the wife and I go to Spain/Italy/Greece in July 2015, I decided that I would skip this ASB and not overhaul the track car until early first quarter 2015. However, if all goes well as a Client Advisor for BMW, then having "fun money" shouldn't be a problem and I'll be participating in as many drift/track events as I can.
Gotcha gotcha. Well we missed ya out there mang. That Spain/Italy/Greece trip should be a blast! I was able to get over to San Sebastian In spain for a couple nights when I was in Southern France for a little and it was Awesome. You've got to get to the "Plata's"....I think that's what they called them. Great food, Great people, good times.!!!
Old 10-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #610
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
That lost shot is money. What are you alignment #'s camber and caster wise?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #611
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
That lost shot is money. What are you alignment #'s camber and caster wise?
THanks man.

Front
Camber -4.7 Degrees
Caster 5.5 Degrees
Toe out 0.25"

Rear
Camber was at 0 But I forgot I lowered the car more in the rear and messed it all up.
I'm pretty sure I'm around -2ish camber wise though.
0 Toe

I'm going to increase front caster in the front to around 6..which will automatically pull my camber with it..probably end up around 5.1ish camber and hopefully around 6+ degrees of Caster.

But I have really soft spring rates. A lot of people use really stiff rates on fd's...but I really don't think it's necessary. Lucked out and got my current coilovers: one of 3 sets that had been custom valved. So I'm on 8/10kg swift springs. All sorts of Grip
Old 10-27-2014, 03:03 PM   #612
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
wow. that is some good tire wear for those settings. It doesn't even look like 4*. You probably mentioned it but what size tire are you going to?
Old 10-27-2014, 03:35 PM   #613
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed_fc View Post
sweet dude!

im running 215's on 9.5J on my FC. Triangle tires at that!!! never understeer or anything like that

i keep the hankook rs3 and shit for the rear

you would be fine with a smalled width tire
I don't get how..... I tried using 215/35/18 Federal 595's... Understeering even at moderate speeds.. Not too confidence inspiring... Took those off with the quickness. I know I have pretty good grip out back...but geese.

I wouldn't put the 215's back on unless I had no other choice. Only benefit is it lets me come down damn near 3.5"

Quote:
wow. that is some good tire wear for those settings. It doesn't even look like 4*. You probably mentioned it but what size tire are you going to?
Well you can see in this last picture where the tire is hitting the front headlight frame... But Yea wear is actually pretty damn good in the front. I was looking at my tires just last night and was impressed. I havn't been street driving much though lately at all.

I'm going to stick with the 245's in the rear. A good buddy of mine said the minute he started running anything over a 245....he started Breaking Diff cases, transmissions etc. He did have closer to 500+WHP but I know he didn't have the same Low/mid Tq curve I have. This BW EFR is a gem. But Chose not to run more power because I didn't want to break things frequently. I have a pretty nice Diff. It's a carbonetic Metal 2-way...and a Beefy Differential/Powerplant frame/main frame brace...along with a Transmission brace I keep forgetting to order. But My current Transmission feels good still...and the Diff has actually gotten much quieter than I had imagined. Used to be gnarly loud. But I do have a spare Trans at the house, and another set of Back up Exedy Twin plate Clutch Discs that I can swap if there is a failure in the future. I know it'll probably happen.... I just think 450ish WHP is a pretty good number to try and maintain a healthy Driveline. Ryan SHeck was out there with his FD at ASB as well. He broke his second gear the first day. Spent all night swapping it out.. got it running for sunday.... couple hours later... Broke his diff. He says he's making over 500..I don't know him much at all, but props to himfor getting it fixed for sunday...but his situation just reinforces my decision to stay under 500. The damn car feels wayyy fast anyways....damn rocket ship. So I'm gonna just refine my suspension alignment and Tire pressure...but 25-27 PSI feels pretty good in the rear.

Don't know if I answered the question..but right now I'm running the 245/35/18 Federal RSR's in the front. Swapping to 225/35/18 Federal 595's in the front and sticking with 245/40/18 595's out back...although I actually liked the Dilinte's haha.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #614
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Have you thought about changing brands? Even in smaller sizes some tires will produce more grip over going with a wider tire. I love Dunlops for treadwear and grip. They have huge treadblocks so they don't delaminate as much. I've used the DZ102's but I think I will get some Star Specs for fronts once I'm happy with my alignment. They are pretty pricey though. I just went to federals 595 in 245 out back and the grip is nice for rears. I might do Dunlop front and Feds in the back. But the Feds are as wide as the 255's they replaced.
Old 10-28-2014, 11:28 AM   #615
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
I love federals, but aren't they going out of business?

225/35's are gonna be really harsh on your wheels imo. 225/40's are still pretty short would be easier to stretch
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #616
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Have you thought about changing brands? Even in smaller sizes some tires will produce more grip over going with a wider tire. I love Dunlops for treadwear and grip. They have huge treadblocks so they don't delaminate as much. I've used the DZ102's but I think I will get some Star Specs for fronts once I'm happy with my alignment. They are pretty pricey though. I just went to federals 595 in 245 out back and the grip is nice for rears. I might do Dunlop front and Feds in the back. But the Feds are as wide as the 255's they replaced.
^ so I've heard. I have a very small window in terms of what I can run with these fenders/without raising the car even more than it already is/inner frame clearance etc. I chose the 245/35 RSR's because the Over-all Diameter is actually less/smaller than even a 225/40. 35 series tires are hard enough to find in a diameter I can even use without sacrificing clearance..Which at this point is number 2 priority....after Grip...and even though it doesn't matter to some. I'd love to be able to get back down to my original height..which is 3" lower than where I'm at in the front. Makes the car look so much nicer. But If I lower the car any further with the 245/35 up front.. it'll utterly destroy my fender lips. If I Go with a 245/40.. the tire "OD" will be too tall and it'll hit my Frame and make me spin everytime I get anywhere near a decent angle. So Smaller Over-all diameters really favor fd's specifically. 215/35's are cause Major understeer...but I think that may be due to a combo of my Front sway being practically solid and the rear end having so much grip. There were a few times at ASB when I was understeering even with the 245 RSR's but that was probably because I'm not very good.
I'd like to come down in the front at least 2" To do that... I'd have to either run a 17" wheel which I'm not entirely against... or Run the Federal 225/35 595 up front. Unless I want to go with a Big $$$ tire up front.. which will just break the bank and I'd like to avoid until absolutely necessary.
I'll take a look at the Dunlops. But I'm also really budgeting tire wise. Tire's aren't going to limit my driving at this point... So I figured i'll stick with lower priced models till I get decent enough to where it'd make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I love federals, but aren't they going out of business?

225/35's are gonna be really harsh on your wheels imo. 225/40's are still pretty short would be easier to stretch

I hope they're not going out of business. They're a good cheap tire that I was working out event costs with. Your right on the 225/35's being harsh on my wheels.... but what other choice do I have? Super Limited clearance...and unless I want to continue running the current ride height up front.. it's kind of the only choice I have currently.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:57 PM   #617
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That's what I heard from djpimpflex's build thread. I haven't heard from any other sources so I think it's safe to say it's a rumor.

While the 225/40 may not be as short as the 245/35, it will be stretched on those wheels which will make it effectively shorter when mounted. That plus the narrower width may just be enough to clear everything. Just some food for thought..
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:21 AM   #618
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That's what I heard from djpimpflex's build thread. I haven't heard from any other sources so I think it's safe to say it's a rumor.

While the 225/40 may not be as short as the 245/35, it will be stretched on those wheels which will make it effectively shorter when mounted. That plus the narrower width may just be enough to clear everything. Just some food for thought..

Yea, ^ I tried that... believe it or not..they didn't lower in height very much. for instance the Federal RSR 245/35/18's Overall or Outside Diameter measures 24.7" Tall.
A 225/40 Federal 595 Measures 25"... that little bit there hits my frame. When I say there's a hair of clearance.. there is literally a hair. So if I go to a 225/35 595.... THey measure 24.1". Alllllll sorts of clearance... almost a full Inch.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #619
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Gearing up for the grip event at seven stock. Won't be pushing excessively hard out there, and I may even skip a couple sessions at Seven stock on Saturday the 21st. And Sunday will be fun-day at Willow again. Just drift is holding their annual Toy Drift event at Horse Thief Mile again. Can't wait to get out there. Visiting a few things I havn't had time to come back to...

Check out the crack in the Front iron

And here are a couple more shots that people have sent me!!

The wolf feels as smooth as ever out there.. Now just to refine the set up!
These were taken on Horse Thief Mile

And another of Clockwise "Streets of willow."
Old 11-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #620
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

I am Excited to announce my first Official Full Sponsorship in Aftermarket Industries !!! Their fueling components are TOP Notch and I am both humbled and Thankful for the partnership! The Wolf's Fuel system will be re-designed from the Ground up using all of Julian Aftermarket Austin 's "AI" Componets! Limited only to class fuel restrictions in the Justdrift Jd street class/pro-am series. Utilizing my OEM tank...Surge/lines/fittings/pumps/Filters Will all be of julians design. If some of you guys haven't gotten the chance to check out Aftermarket Industries... You should. Julian is VERY knowledgeable, and all of his products represent this. He's also in the works of designing Mad Mike Whiddetts Newest 4 rotor turbo fuel system which will need to provide enough fuel for the 1000HP Rotary Monster!! Expect a full build log and product over view in January when the wolf goes under the knife.
https://www.facebook.com/aftermarketindustries
Old 11-12-2014, 06:12 PM   #621
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Congrats on the sponsorship man, the car looks great too. Way to keep at it despite bad luck.
zwzweston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #622
slammed_fc
Leaky Injector

slammed_fc is an unknown quantity at this point
car looks ill dude
slammed_fc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 08:03 PM   #623
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Big Update: “Seven Stock and Just Drift Toy Drift 1”
Before I start…. Let me just say this; In my life…..I have NEVER been this busy over any amount of time, than I was over this 7 day span. It started on Monday the 17th.
I had ordered a set of tires the previous Friday from onlinetiresdirect, but told them I would be coming to pick them up (to avoid shipping costs). Well, that sounds good in theory….but I had no time. I had started Tryouts for this years Boy’s Varsity and Jv soccer teams so Monday through Friday we practice from 4 to 5:30. Well the it takes about an hour and thirty min to get down there to pick them up, but they close at 5:30… So after trying to see if I could work around it.. I eventually called in and asked them to ship the tires. No joke…the tires came in the NEXT day! I had all 4 Federal SS595’s on Saturday. And I made a mistake by not going to get them mounted the minute they came in. It was going to be a busy week. I needed to work my day job 8-4, Do soccer tryouts 4-5:30 and somehow get Everything ready for seven stock on Saturday and the Just Drift event on Sunday. ….and Just to pile up a bit more on my plate… Elliot (Turblown) would be flying in Wednesday and staying at my place. And Abel needed an extra hand to help finish his Semi PPort EFR9180 Rx3. Somewhere in there I needed to reconfigure the Wolf’s Coolant overflow, wash her, check my Fuel socks, and get more E85. It was going to be a long week….and as it came knocking at my door….I had NO clue how everything was going to get done in time. I simply took a deep breath and decided that the only thing that could stop me would be time… and the ONLY place to save time would be to start pulling hours from sleep. So sit back…..grab a drink and enjoy the most hectic time crunching 7 days of my life.

Tuesday:
My alarm went off on Tuesday November 18th at 6:30 Am.. The first thing I thought about was if I had prepped all of my time dependent “things” so that I wouldn’t have any hang ups when it came to sticking to schedule. I needed a trailer for both Seven Stock on Saturday and the Just Drift Toy drift 1 on Sunday. This issue falls under time dependent because if I don’t plan it correctly…. I can’t go. Another Time dependent issue was tires. I needed these mounted before Friday because I wasn’t sure if there was going to be a tire machine present on Sunday for Toy drift. Both of these issues I had started handling the week before but I still needed to finalize them. Tires were on the way and I had asked my good buddy Micki if I could use his trailer. The tires had come in and the ok was given for the trailer. But I still needed to go pick it up. I had plans to go pick up the trailer on Tuesday and keep it at my GF’s house until we were ready to load the wolf….But the Lack of time quickly made that impossible…. As as I sat and drank my 3 shots of espresso on Tuesday morning….. I knew I was going to have to out hustle time. I set aside My RPF1’s Monday night and loaded two tires into my Prius. On my lunch break, I rushed home and ate food as quickly as possible. Then I rushed to the tire store in QH to drop of my wheels and Tires to be mounted. There was no way I was going to have time to take them home with me so I just told Gary (owner) that I’d be back to pick them up after work around 3:50. Dropped them off and rushed back to work. Worked till 3:35 and booked it to the Tire store. Threw the mounted 595’s/RPF1’s into the back of the prius.. changed into my soccer gear in the parking lot and rushed to QH high school for soccer tryouts at 4. Now when I say tryouts….it’s not just 35 kids out there kicking a ball around. I have a scheduled session to ensure I can take a fair look at each and every player out there. Well guess what…. There were 67 NEW Athletes trying out. And to make things even more Hectic…the JV coach hadn’t been cleared yet so I was managing the entire thing on my own. Each kid needs An athletic clearance card that has been processed by our admin saying that the kid is eligible to play the specific sport. So each kid….whether they’re returning or a new tryout needs to have one of these cards. It’s my duty to make sure that no one touches the soccer pitch until I am physically holding their card…Otherwise they’re ineligible to tryout. This….as you could imagine, is a task all in itself. So I went and picked up the cards and took attendance. The tryout is a long hard process and believe it or not…pretty stressful as well. If you think about it…if I say no to an athlete and have to cut him…. It will in fact…change their life forever. If they make the team….it will change their life forever. These things alter their future… and as much care and heart I put into the Wolf….. goes into each and every athlete to determine whether or not they’ll be part of the program or not. Everything I do with this team is for the best of the program. And so the stressful part is when you have a player that you’ve had for 3 years and you have to let him go because he’s not a positive influence on the team, nor is he coachable. Another, younger athlete may be more coachable, may have more heart, may add to the team in more ways than the older player…therefore the executive decision has to be made in the best interest of the program. ANYWAYS! Back on topic. After practice… I went straight home and organized my tools I was going to be taking to the track. I made a track box that has jack stands, oil, tools, rags, brake cleaner, windex, couplers, clamps, wheel spacers, gloves, toe plates, tape measures and a whole bunch of other things that come in handy at the track while your away from the garage. After that I emptied all my existing E85 into the Wolfs gas tank so that I could take the Gas tanks down with me the following day to lucky 7 racing where Elliot and Abel would be tuning out cars. This way I could fill up at Roxford and not have to worry about not having enough fuel for Sunday….AFTER Saturdays track session. I was trying to plan things out to avoid extra time consuming..because I knew I would be tired Saturday night…. How tired though?.....I had NO idea… I went to sleep on Tuesday night with everything for the track ready to go.
Wed:
I woke up Wednesday morning to a Text Message from Elliot… “Its warm here.” I had so much on my mind all I had replied was that I would see him later on that night around 7:30. Went to work…. Rushed to the tire store on my lunch break and realized that today was the first scrimmage Match Vs Paraclete High school. The games were at 3:00 and 4:30pm. I picked up my Tires and a breakfast burrito from Primo’s across the way. Rushed back to work and ended up finishing ALL the tasks I had for the day….a little early and tried to make a list of things I needed to get finished before Thursday/Friday. I say Thursday because I wanted to give myself a days damper…just incase I forgot something major. I couldn’t quite pin it down..but I knew in my gut that I was forgetting something. Left work at 1:30.....rushed to the tire shop and my stomach dropped when I realized that I had forgotten to put the Balls and Pennies in my car for the game!!!!! I instantly flipped a U-turn and headed back to my house. I had to be at the highschool by 2:00 to warm up JV an hour before the game. I got home….changed quickly and threw the balls and pennies in the back of the truck. Rushed to QH and made it 2 Min after 2. Warmed up the boys and the game started. JV won vs Paraclete 6-0. Varsity was up next. Our shape needed a LOT more work…and I was un-pleased with our rotation on the field..but we managed a 3-0 Victory as well. Two wins…satisfied in theory…but unsatisfied with the boys translation of what I had taught them previously. Which is my fault….So I needed to take a look at how I was coaching them and refine it to fit their learning needs. After the game, I rushed straight home… changed… took the balls and pennies out of the car and replaced them with my pre…..premixed gas jugs. Ran to Mi Ranchito on K and 20th street west to grab some grub…..and hopped on the freeway towards Lucky 7 Racing. It was round 6:30ish when I left mi-ranchito. Not bad time management….I was beating time so far…. Laughing at it. Got to Lucky seven and was greeted By Elliot…. Quick high five and he had to jump in a single turbo Fc for some street tuning…. IN the background I heard a familiar drone…. The beautiful note of a 2-rotor on the dyno. Walked over to Lucky 7’s first Bay where Abel was working on a customers single turbo Fd. Tuned on Gasoline at 18Lbs. Abel worked on the car…. A pull here…adjusting…another pull….more boost…adjusting….another pull.. on and on. And the car ended up at 18lbs..making power. The car sounded great. And the customer was VERY happy. And I was happy to be able to put what I’ve learned to use by asking questions and listening/watching Abel do his work. Elliot got back from street tuning the Fd and jumped in next to Abel. It was Cool to see both of the people I’ve learned the most from….both working together. I’m not sure if the customer fully understood…but there were no better situation he could’ve been involved in. He had two of the best rotary minds both sitting in his Fd. I took a step back and watched.

After the red fd there was one other car Elliot had lined up to tune….and Abel had to head back out to his shop in Rancho Cucamonga to finish up his E85 Semi Pport EFR9180. I stayed with Elliot at lucky seven and watched him tune one more car and called it a night. We left Lucky 7 around 11:00PM on Wednesday night. Stopped at the Chevron off Roxford on the way home for some Mean green E85…. Filled up 4 Jugs that I had previously Pre-mixed and we were on the road again. Stopped at In and out in Santa clarita to grind out some burgers drove another 35min back to my house in the AV. We got to sleep around 1:30ish Am

Thursday:
Woke up thurday morning not having slept very well and realized it was because of the heat. I must’ve woke up 3 or 4 times during the night. At first I thought I was getting sick but quickly remembered my roommate was preggo and she must’ve turned on the Heater sporadically. I wasn’t able to take the day off work but Elliot still needed to get to Lucky 7 Racing for some cars that were lined up for tuning. One of the guys from lucky 7 picked Elliot up while I took off to work. The plan was to meet Elliot back down at Lucky 7….finish up a couple cars then Head out to Abels shop in Rancho Cucamonga to help him finish the Rx3. The day was cruising along and It finally hit me what I was I was forgetting. I needed the Lock key for my buddies trailer. I called my buddy mike because the trailer was in his back yard…. But he was out of town….and the key was with him. Dead end.. so I called my buddy Micki..He had the key…but he was all the way across town. I looked at my watch and had 40min left on my lunch. Ran to the tire shop and picked up my Baz’s with Fed 595’s mounted…and booked it to Micks house. Got to his house…grabbed the key and sped back to work. Work ends, and I ran straight to QH for Practice 4:00 to 5:30. After Practice….went and dropped my wheels off at home and Jammed out back down the hill (an hour and 20 Min) To Lucky Seven Racing. Got to lucky seven around 7:35 and got to sit and watch Elliot tune 3 cars. One which was un-tunable in its current set up… (Fuel System was configured in some odd non return carb set up…but it was on an EFI car…with an aeromotive pressure reg…. The other car was well sorted aside from it’s turbo manifold/gate set up. We had to stop because boost kept creeping up and up. It was on 91 Pump…We left it at 14 lbs until the creep problem was resolved. And lastly, Fris’s Fc Track car. The car was running on a Haltech for years…But the guys at lucky seven had asked Elliot to take a look at the tune to see if he could resolve a couple issues.

The car had never been over 340-360WHP at 16lbs of boost on Ethanol. And the previous well known tuner had tuned around some Major ecu issues. Therefore the fuel curve had massive dips and valleys and Sky high peaks in order to get the car to drive correctly through a pull. Given the situation..the tuner had actually done a decent job…but the fact is….that it’s not the right way to do it and you can’t expect much from a finished product by patching a major ecu issue. After 2 hours on the dyno trying to figure out the problem, the decision was made by fris and Louie to wire in an adaptronic 440 and hit the dyno the next day. I thought the guys were crazy…because seven stock was literally a day away. But they said they could get it done. So the Haltech would be removed and replaced by the 440 the following day. (The car ended up making 310WHP at 7lbs of boost with NO sign of any hiccup on the Adaptronic Ecu) It Is to my understanding that Lucky seven will be pushing Adaptronic ecu’s much more now that they’ve seen first hand how simple WARI is and how much time you can save with it’s VE tuning capabilities =-).

We left Lucky Seven racing around 11Pm on Thursday night…and I was already feeling pretty beat tired. But we still needed to help Abel get the Semi PPort EFR rx3 started. We booked it 35 min south to Rancho Cucamonga to Abels shop.

We were greeted by a spotless…immaculately clean Drag car and the Rx3 with just a few things left before start.

Abel buttoning up the Pport Adaptronic controlled EFR9180

We all dug in on making plug wires and tightening An fuel fittings…and in about 20 min Abel sent me to go purchase Oil and E85. … I was like “Dude, Autozone is closed man.. it’s 11:45!.” Little did I know there is a 24 Hour Autozone in Rancho…Talk about convenient!! It was some 20 min away… I set off and about 5 min in..I started realizing how tired I was. Dozing and dozing… I knew I was wayyyyy past my limit and the drive home was going to be one for the record books. Finally got to Autozone and picked up some 20-50 Synth and ran to the E85 station on the north eastern side of the Airport. Got asked by some guy for money and I politely replied “sorry man, not tonight” and the guy gave me the gnarliest disgusted look of all time. But I lost it…. I replied without thinking to the guy… “Are you F*****ng Kidding me?!!! I’ve been hustling for 4 days to make this weekend Happen and your sitting here begging for money instead of utilizing your time wisely to make a means to survive… and your going to get mad at ME FOR NOT GIVING YOU MY HARD EARNED MONEY.!!!!!” The guy looked down and away. I sat there looking at him for a second or so amazed that I actually put a full sentence together (due to how tired I was) and went inside and paid for fuel. Came out questioning my motives…at whether or not to even give the guy any attention and decided I’d look his way. He wouldn’t look at me. But I didn’t trust the guy… so I filled Abels Gas jugs with one eye on him at all times. I finally got back to the shop and immediately pre-mixed the Fuel and Filled the tank. The car was ready to fire and although we were all tired,…it was time to hear some Pported EFR9180 Goodness. I set up my Go pro Hero 4 My sweet ass girlfriend got me for my birthday and sat back while they double checked everything in Wari (adaptronic software). Car cranked once..twice.. and Fired!!! Videos do no justice to the Aggressively ported Rotary. The soft szhiing of the EFR”s Gamma-Ti exhaust wheel effortlessly whipping up and down as Abel and Elliot sorted out the idle. My job was to watch for leaks under the car… and our first leak had shown itself so I gave the holler and the car was shut off. It was just a small AN fuel line leak..but it had puddled right under the LIM and engine block. It just needed to be tightened a turn or so. Fixed it and the car was fired again… At a constant Battle with the Aggressively Ported engine oxygen hungry engine it took them a bit to get the idle down. I found one more small Radiator Leak which only needed half a turn to stop, but in terms of leaks… that was it.

About 35 Min Later the Adaptronic controlled Pported EFR9180 Rx3 was ready for Seven Stock. Un-tuned…but Idling and Free Revving like a raging Balor. Abel projects this engine will easily be able to max out the EFR before it reaches it’s limit… Shooting for 750-850WHP. Needless to say this car is going to be ridiculous on the street haha..and I can’t wait to get this thing on the dyno.
“Sleep when your Dead”
After making sure The RX3 and 20B drag car were ready for Seven Stock..I made the grave mistake of looking down at my watch. …Clock said 12:55. Gahh…man, I knew any chance of a nap was gone hours ago but the realization of it stung. Even more of a worry was how on earth we were going to make the Hour and twenty five Min haul back up to the Antelope valley,….Swap my prius for my truck…go hook up the trailer, Load up the truck with Elliots Vendor goods, my track stuff…Load up the wolf…and be back on the road by 4:30Am to make it back down to Seven Stocks Auto Club Speedway by 6:30 for set up. We jumped in the car and my first thought was Coffee… Got to the Gas station. Purchased 2 Starbucks mini double shots, made a medium hot fresh coffee, and a 5 hour energy. Now I’m the kind of guy who really is against all of these artificial energy supplements, but in this situation…the only way I could justify it was it was this or fall asleep driving. I tried the “ease in approach..taking half of the 5 hour energy…sipping on the Hot coffee..and a whole double shot.. but after about 20 min…I was already dozing off. It didn’t help to look over at Elliot either…because every time I thought he was going to speak..I’d look over and it was just him trying to keep his head from falling over. I got all the way to the 15/138 interchange and Had to stop at the Chevron station right before the most dangerous section of the haul. The 138 Is known as the Death-trap Highway…. There’s nothing for some 40+ miles but dips and very little direction changes.. It has a high fatality rate because people simply fall asleep at the wheel. I got out of the car at the gas station and hit a full on 100% sprint to the street and back. Did jumping jacks till my body started protesting…(because it probably thought it was about to hit the hay) …Downed the rest of the 5 hour energy…ran inside and filled my coffe up, slammed the other Starbucks double shot and jumped in the car. Cranked up the driving jams and hit it full force, …I was feeling rejuvenated!! And Awake!! 10 Min later… I was dozing off… caught myself once past the whole “eyes closing stage”…because my eyes never closed at all… I had honeslty just about lost consciousness with my eyes open. I pulled over a total of 3 times over the rest of the trip home…and only really looked down at the clock when I arrived at my sisters house in Lancaster. It was 3:45 and an otherwise hour and twenty minute drive had taken us over 2 hours. I guess when you get really tired… you tend to forget to hit the gas pedal… I looked at the prius’s avg speed for the trip back up and it was 45 mph.. YIKES! No wonder.. Anyways… I let Elliot sleep over the next 20 Min while I swapped everything we’d need to the truck.. Hooked up the trailer.. and loaded a few of the vendor things such as Tables/ eazy-up etc into the truck bed. We were ready to Go pick up the Wolf at my house. I Woke up Elliot… who awoke not sure of where on earth he was.. he zombied over to the Truck got in and passed out. We drove to my house and both Hit our Final gears. Loaded up Everything… Backed the Wolf out and up on to the trailer and we were ready to roll out. I wanted to try and take a quick shower to wake myself up because we were literally driving back down within 5 min of where we just came from… But It was 4:30…and we were behind schedule. I ran inside…took a hobo shower changed my shirt…and ran outside and jumped into the truck, Gave Elliot a confident High five and Hit the road… Back down to Seven Stock 17 At Autoclub Speedway!!!! A quick text verification to Abel confirmed he was on track as well! We were going to make it!

On our way back down to Rancho Cucamonga…it was quite picturesque to see the sun coming up over the barren desert on the 138. I started to realize that this really is the mecca of my automotive experience… It occurred to me that I’m not just reading and or hearing about someone’s crunch to make an event.. But actually playing a part in it. I was still tired on the drive down there. But I started going over my mental check list to make sure the Wolf was ready for the track. I know I needed an Alignment..and that I needed to keep a watchful eye on my Jank Smart Water Coolant overflow for the time being..But the Wolf was ready to hit the track. We got to Autoclub and headed to the front gates. And was a bit surprised that even A single rig, who had payed the 175 dollar fee to track their car and was a display vehicle at a vendors booth…which we were also.. Had to pay an additional 15 dollars per Head to get into the gates. At first it didn’t really bother me..but the more I thought about it.. the more it erked me the wrong way. I felt taken advantage of for sure because there was no way around it. But I don’t want to get into that much, It was just something I noticed. We unloaded the Wolf and all of the Turblown/Adaptronic displays and Eazy up and started the set up. Landed a sweet spot right next to our friends at Lucky 7 Racing too.

“Seven Stock 17”
This was the first time in my life I had actually pulled a true all nighter. I’ve always managed to get 2-3 hours of sleep in a night… But never stayed up for a full 48hr span before. And by 8Am…needless to say I was definitely feeling pretty funny. I was hungry..right after I just got eating… Thirsty even though I had been drinking water all morning…and I still felt like cloudy. Not as sharp as I would have liked to be. I remember people asking me questions and I would stare at them for a second or so..ask them to repeat the question and then still answer it not even knowing if what I just said made sense haha. So I’d like to apologize to anyone I talked to at the Seven stock who asked me a question that I had given a weird answer too…. I felt like I had been kicked in the head by a horse and the whole day was in a sort of “Haze” if that makes sense.
But the gates opened and in came all rotary enthusiasts! It was great to see quite a few faces and match them to their screen names! I went out onto the track for a couple sessions and took a few people out as passengers but couldn’t really push it as hard as I wanted to due to my front alignment and OEM padded brakes. But I was able to punch it more than a few times and work on my line through the infield and backside coming on the the straight. I wasn’t really going for time… But it would’ve been nice to see any improvement which I’m sure I had. I wanted to pull out my toe plates and see if I could re-align the front end but between all the friends, and people/track sessions/ride-alongs, talking about products/showing people first hand the ECU software in Wari and talking to other vendors it was a very Full day. I can’t even count how many people I was fortunate enough to meet off the forums that I’ve known for years…but never personally seen. I got to give Pandaz FD a ride-along finally, Benny from Bubbletech, and a couple other buddies as well.

If anyone of you guys don’t know pandaz fd… you should check out his build thread in the 3rd gen section… I’ve seen his car a few times in person…and It’s got to be theeee cleanest… most well thought out.. well executed track car built by a privateer I’ve ever seen. I’m talking labels for everything…. Not just here or there.. but where you’ll be able to see them. It’s one thing to label something, but another to make sure that the routing and visualization of the label will be utilized.. It’s beyond me and it makes me sick hahaha. It’s one of those cars that makes you want to tear your car apart because his is so nice. Jkjk… I love my car.. but you guys really should go check out his build thread. He should be getting ready to drop some pretty hefty updates pretty soon here. Anyways!! I also was FINALLY able to see my favorite fd’s ever! I’ve drooled over this Fd since my very first days on the forum. Tim (RCCAZ 1)… What an absolutely beautiful car. Brilliant silky smooth vibrant Yellow… accompanied by thoroughly researched and perfectly executed upgrades…all coming together in in bulk with his mechanically sound, show quality fd. It’s hard to put into words how nice his car is. And I was instantly jealous admiring the perfect fabric, spotless door-panels, un molested dash and spic as ever engine bay. This car was my favorite at seven stock….and remains my favorite here on the forum. It was also great to meet Tim, a good guy and hell of an enthusiast. Glad I finally got to meet the man behind the machine! All the way from AZ as well!

The Event went by in a blur…I just remember Elliot and Abel being happy with my Logs, filling up with Ethanol, and checking tire temps 2 or three times. I wrote them down…but Have NO clue as to where that little piece of paper went. I forgot a Phillips screw driver and barrowed one from Mr Alex Rodrigues who was thankfully Pitted right next door at the Lucky 7 booth. Alex and I go way back and he was one of the first guys I came in contact with here on the forum. Me and him talk quite a bit and it’s ALWAYS a good time seeing him. He beat his personal best time on Autoclub by a full second or so and still had Lots of potential with his underpowered set up. I kept imagining him in the driver’s seat with my power plant…. Probably be ridiculous. His car is beautiful and pulled off a crazy 3-4 month overhaul in record time……with full paint and bodywork, dyno/re-tune and shakedown run all in time for SS17!!! Pretty nuts eh?! It’s funny because sometimes I’d be under my car at like 12:45 and need a break… I’d text this guy and he’d respond instantly because I knew he was doing the same thing on his car hahaha. Props for someone who shares the passion and hustle to make these privately owned track cars running and running well!. Anyways.. I used the Phillips to fasten my Push start button.. I forgot I took it off to check a fuse previously and never fastened it back up. Didn’t want it swinging around out there on the track so…thanks for the tool Alex!!!

The Event swept by before I could even blink and Elliot had to remind me it was time for us to eat about 5-6 times before we actually were able to sit down and re-fuel ourselves. The whole event was great, and I had a blast. Before I knew it the sun was already down and over half of the vendors were gone. We started packing up and I really started feeling tired as I was coming up on 48hours at this point. When we finally pulled out of Autoclub speedway at the end of the day I was questioning just getting a hotel and calling it a night. It was only 6:15ish and the night was young…but I was shot….and Starving as we only ate lunch throughout the day. We Met up with Elliot’s buddies from AZ and all I remember from the dinner is everyone pointing and laughing at me. …I guess I was an eating zombie… half asleep…zero comprehension of anyone talking to me and my replies made no sense. Elliot took my keys and said he’d be driving us home. I was thankful for that. I woke up in what seemed like the middle of the night. We were driving pretty slow and my phone had been vibrating… It awoke me. I looked over at Elliot and he was dozing HAHA.. I was like BRUHHH!!!! Pull over. He pulled over and I took the reins. We switched off another FOUR TIMES!!! Just to get home.

We arrived back at my house at about 10:45 Pm. Not bad eH?!! But we had to be at the track at 7:30 AM the next day for the Just Drift Toy Drift 2 at Horse Thief Mile. We left everything in the truck, I put my car cover on the Wolf just so it wasn’t open… went inside…took a quick shower and passed out.
“Sunday Fun-day Just Drift HTM”
Elliot fastening the Gas jugs

Slept till 6:30 AM and awoke in a bit of a haze, but feeling good. Put on some Espresso and made a nice bacon omelet and we were on our way to Willow springs. I remember thinking to myself how awesome it was to have made it. To be where I was and have the drive and hustle to pull off Two big events in one weekend…maintaining a full time job, Coaching a championship worthy High School Soccer program and enjoying all of it. I remember smiling to myself..and I remember saying thank you to my dad for telling me that he’d never been involved in something of his choosing that was over his head. I know I’ve gotten the drive from him, and although he wasn’t around much….I am thankful for what he has given me. We arrived at the Willow Springs International Raceway and drove around to the Funnest Track in the west (HTM) Horse Thief Mile.
Now I’ve talked to a few people about this track and the thing is… it’s all confidence and balls. Lack either of these….and your going off. Yea you may not hit a wall or barrier..but for the most part… everything off track is off camber and makes you feel like you’re going to flip. It’s relatively safe..but it still messes with your mind. With this being my second real drift event my goal was to link turn 3 into the long downhill left (turn 4). And it was going to take some balls. We unloaded the car and attended the drivers meeting…and the track was Hot. The best thing about Just Drift events is how laid back everything is. Everyone obeys the rules and everyone is respectful. You have Formula D drivers out there hanging with street guys, and vise verse.. It’s a great Environment. The morning was Exceptionally cold so Elliot wanted to see how my car reacted to the 40+ degree Temp drop. We took the car out on some abandoned road to do a few hot rips and 4th gear pulls and All was good. Elliot has much more experience with these ecu’s than I do…but I think he really wanted to see just how precise the adaptronic was able to deal with changes in atmosphere etc. The day before we were out there running on the track at Autoclub..full bore.. temp couldn’t have been lower than 75 degrees during our mid-day sessions. This morning out at willow..the temperature was 48 degrees when we got the Wolf off the trailer. We took a couple logs and ALL was SPOT ON. Elliot cracked a half smile, gave me the thumbs up and we headed back to the track. First session was the first time Elliot had ever been in a real Drift car.. I think!.... and It’s safe to say….he had a good time. Smiles from ear to ear!! I try to tell people all the time…that drifting IMO is the funnest thing you could do in a car. Your pretty much doing a controlled sliding burnout as much as possible…all the while going as fast as you can..all the while making as much noise as you can..and being as smooth as possible around the track. So if you’ve never been in a drift car and think the’re stupid… I really wish you would take a moment to get into one with a good driver….and go for a couple laps. It’ll change your life! ..or at least your outlook on it! Oh BTW I’m not that good a driver.. I’m getting better but compared to some of my buddies… I blow. I told Elliot he should go for a ride with my buddy Alex Heilbrunn in his Monster BMW since he was at the track with us and he was like “yea grab your Helmet!” He took Elliot out around the track in an endless Foot to the floor Smoke Show. And I thought Elliot was happy when he got out of my car…. That Must’ve been the icing on the cake for him for the trip..because Alex Linked Horse Thief Mile Non-Stop for 2 Complete Laps.. I remember changing my tires and looking up and just seeing smoke and a Black Vinyl wrapped Screaming Ls Powered G-force shifting Beem Rip by…. Had to tell myself to level up haha.
Elliot in Alex’s Monster BMW

It was cool that a couple buddies came out too.. Chris tran and John Vargas. I’m glad I was able to give them ride-alongs but wish we were on an easier track because I drove pretty cautiously. Flat tracks are much easier to drive because they don’t have elevation changes…and at ASB14 It was relatively easy for me to link the back section around the Bank and into the infield. But HTM… is different. Its just going to take more seat time for me to get better. I kept driving and nailed a few sections but never linked the long downhill. Kind of bummed we ran out of time but I’ll get it at the next Toy Drift 2! But I think Chris and John had a good time out there. I’ve always been good at following people…back in my BMX days, I remember pacing people off larger dirt trails. After that, I was usually exponentially better. So at the top of the hill when Martin From Parts shop Max signaled for me to follow him… I was amped. It was the best I had done all day and I can’t wait to get out there and follow drivers like him soon. It’s just easier for me to visualize it on my own when I know what it’s “supposed” to feel like..if that makes sense. Anyways..the day came to an end and we packed everything up. I still needed to drop Elliot off down at LAX and I was worried I would have a hard time driving back on the way home… But truthfully, all I kept thinking of was how Awesome the past 5 days had been. The funniest part about the whole trip was the previous night… about 10 min into our haul home after Seven stock… Abel called me and told me to stop and get some coffee or to call him if I got tired. This guy had just a busy last 5 days..if not even more busy and guess what he says to me?!! As I’m shot dead… 100% exhausted after the past 5 days… hardly aware of anything that had happened in the past hour after our dinner.. he said he’s on his way to the club!!!. Hahaha… I resigned and I admit…that this guy is on a whole other level. He must’ve retained some of his Hustle from his race days traveling around in the rig all over the USA…because he straight up out hustled both Elliot and myself. I couldn’t believe it. Haha. But drive home from Dropping Elliot off was filled with the excellent memories of different situations we’d come across over the past 5 days and I caught myself smiling a handful of times.
It’s in these memories that I’ve come to trust myself, and confide in my decisions. It’s with the wolf that I’ve maxed myself out and pushed myself non-stop until I have finally come across a set up that works, and works well. It’s moving through extremes in which I’ve come to respect life, and truly grasp the magnitude of what these experiences hold for one’s self. To live every single day as full as possible, experience the highest of highs, and learn from the lowest of lows. To develop an un-matched drive that will propel you through any obstacle and to give our passion priority in life….even if just for a limited amount of time. To stretch our minds, walk in the grey area of our physical capacity and learn just how far we can really push ourselves. To inspire others, and give others something to dream about…to look forward to, to love and feel a sense of accomplishment. There was never one moment when I questioned “if” we should go here or there, or “why” we did what we did over the past 5 days.. and I’d say the same for everything I’ve gone through while building the wolf. And it’s with that notion….that I know that I’m on the right path. Stay tuned!!! More updates soon! =-)
Follow me on Instagram at #Aaparkah

-Ap

More Pictures just because….
One of our trips down to lucky 7…. Through Angeles Crest Highway

Elliot driving The Wolf after all these years!
Last time he saw it was with a gt40R, 91 pump, and a bunch of G-rigged powertrain mods

Behren bros at the event

Dirty beat up Wolf

Back of the truck after Sunday clean up

Cleaned and put away!!!! Until Just drift Toy Drift 2!!!
Old 12-01-2014, 09:47 AM   #624
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Dog. Get some sleep. Glad to see you met your goal and came out in one piece.
Old 12-01-2014, 02:50 PM   #625
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

^haha Guess sooo..

Update:

Check it out! made a quick little edit of our adventure! ...loving this go pro...

Seven Stock Just drift Adventure 2014 11/22-23 #Aaparkah - YouTube
Old 12-01-2014, 03:32 PM   #626
KravingAKouki
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
KravingAKouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Video was sweet, weekend was sweet, experiences were sweet. Really cool man! Glad you are out having a blast, you deserve it man! But... you might be the only one I know who mounts a gopro in a prius.. haha only kidding. Keep up the hard work, determination, and successes!
KravingAKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:15 PM   #627
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
Awesome man! Loved reading the whole event. Makes me want to get my car done even more.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #628
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update:
Toy Drift 2 fun

I actually wasn’t even supposed to go to this event….Although I had pre-registered… The QH boys soccer team had the second part of a local tournament on Saturday and both games were dead smack in the middle of the event running time…so I had figure’d maybe I would try to get out there for a couple hours at the end of the day but…. Was still unsure I’d have time. Well….Not that I dislike coaching… because I don’t… I actually Love it. But Friday morning I got word that our league matches (Friday night) and our tournament (All day Sat) had been cancelled due to the rain. I called my Buddy Brandon and told him I was able to make it and was amped… But with that… I had to prep the car in far less time than I usually would’ve had. ….
So,…Friday after work, I rushed over to pick up the trailer I purchased from my buddy Mike.. realized I had forgotten to go to triple A to get Plates and quickly diverted to the Autoclub to pay for plates.

It was 4:45 when I was called…. Didn’t have cash..finished paper work at 4:55 and the lady was sooo nice she stayed after for me so I was able to run to an ATM to grab 40 bucks for the registration and new plate. It was 5:15 by the time I got out of there and I knew I was going to miss my window to go pick up the trailer. They had told me that they were going to be leaving for the night at 5:30 but would be back over there in the morning. So I had to re-visit my “To Do” list and re-prioritize what needed to be taken care of. So there were a few issues I definitely wanted to resolve before taking the car back out again. The first one was….my Alignment was Wayy off up front. Even though I had done been VERY anal with my Toe plates and kept checking over and over again… The car was still pulling to the right. I knew I had something wrong, and both drivers and passenger side inner barrels have actually dug a good half inch into my lower control arm. The passenger side was closer to a half inch…the drivers side was about 1/4 inch. So I finally got under the car and started a little sheet. Checked each lower Arms alignment bolts and wrote them all down. Long story short……..I found that I was running less Caster on my Passenger front than I was on the drivers side. I liked the clearancing and tire wear on the drivers side so I figured it was best to use the drivers side as my base. Adjusted the rear Camber/Castor alignment bolt…(forward facing) to match the drivers side and immediately the car only pulled a tad to the right. I was rushed for time but satisfied that the car didn’t do donuts on it’s own….iso I had to tackle the next issue..FUEL! It was roughly 10:45 when I left the House after sorting all my tools and pit gear. I’m the guy who likes to have everything, and hates asking people to barrow things…so I pretty much go down the list of things I need to bring everytime I’ve got an event. Being un-prepared is lame. Anyways… down to San Fernando valley I went… The chevron off Roxford to get my Beloved E85. Price was cheap…..REAL cheap for 22 Gallons! Only 55 bucks!! Hell of a race fuel price huh?!

Rushed home and got back to the garage at 12:30.. only takes an hour and a half or so to go there and back.. it’s a pretty easy cruise.. especially in the prius. So I get home and knew I didn’t have any pre-mix. Was a given a recomondation to use some stuff from autozone…but I threw it in a little water bottle a quarter of the way full with E85 and it had large chunks of the stuff on the bottom. (in the morning it was almost fully separated). It may work if you really need to use Pre-mix and don’t have anything else.. I just didn’t feel comfortable putting it in my tank. Figured if I had to stop driving…. Then shame on me for not being prepared for the un-prepared hah. So “Pre-mix” also made it’s way onto the top of my re-visit priority list. No sense wasting time on things you can’t complete… so I moved onto the next. Just organization of other gear…and loading the truck…which I still needed to go pick up. So I went over to my sisters…Picked up the truck and booked it back home. Loaded up everything the truck and hit the hay late around 2 AM. I specifically remember stopping right after I had finished loading up and staring at the Wolf.. I swear the car sings to me.. I sat there for a couple minutes re-visiting all the time I’ve spent on her. …cracked a half smile and felt accomplished in the fact that I don’t regret a damn second of it. Hit the shower and jumped in bed.
Woke up early, around 5:45 so that I could go grab the trailer......load up and moise on over to the track for the drivers meeting at 7:30. …..but then my buddy Brandon calls and turns out his trailer was being used haha.. I just started laughing and instead of being bothered or pissed…. Felt right at home and was up to the challenge. How the hell were we going to get both cars to the track by 7:30?! Wasn’t going to happen at 7:30…. So I just jumped up.. Called my buddy and told him I’d be over to grab the trailer asap.. realized that I still had My buddy Mick’s trailer at my girlfriends house and that I could use Micks…and Brandon could use mine.. SO I had Brandon go pick up my trailer… He took the new plates with him so the trailer would be legal… then I ran over to pick up Micks trailer at my Gf’s…then back to Brandons house because my new trailer doesn’t have ramps yet lol… so Brandon needed Micks ramps to get his car on.. we loaded Brandons car…

I threw the ramps back on micks trailer…. Rushed back to my house.. Loaded the Wolf up on to micks trailer.. And Brandon called me.. And I new there was more…. That dick didn’t have tires mounted and there wasn’t going to be a tire machine at the track this time around. His spares didn’t have tires on… and his other set were already on the car… So he needed the RAMPS to get his car off the trailer to put tires on…and the tire store opened at 8 HAHA. I was like.. “Pfft…Right up my ally.” Soooo, I was on my way over to the tire store at 7:45 and remembered I needed Premix… Stopped by a local dirt bike shop called “riders Choice” and of course….. they didn’t open till 8 either. Flipped one and headed to the tire shop Brandon was at. I got there and we ended up jacking up his car WHILE it was on the trailer and making sure to go high enough to clear the railing …and Whaaalaahhh. NO Ramps needed.

Brandon was going to meet me at Riders Choice after he was done mounting tires and we’d head out from there. I booked it to riders choice. Walked in and asked them where their pre-mix was. LUCKILY I came across Motul FULL Synthetic…had to look it up online though just to make sure it was compatible with Ethanol. …found more than a few testimonials and purchased a Quart. 3 tears and $20 bucks later I had everything…. Brandon pulled up right as I was walking out…and we were off to Willow!!

We got to Willow at 9:45…Un-loaded the sleds and set up our pits and eazy-up.

The rest was session after session… starting off a bit hesitant and then getting more and more confident.

Pushing myself over and over… Progressing… Going off course…Flying off course and actually catching air once…. Ripping my bash bar off, Losing my bumper… then landing on my bumper on my next off course excursion… Re-fueling,..trying to follow faster more skilled drivers….. Pacing the good drivers… observing good lines… adjusting tire temp… Changing tires….. Re-fueling…Pre-mixing…Eating lunch… Giving High-Fives… Getting footage on the go pro…Laughing…. Scaring myself….giving ride-alongs… Admiring other drivers ability…Trying to improve my line.. Admiring The Wolf and it’s power-band.. Loving her…Promising to take care of her and repair her aesthetically… Promising myself I’ll get better… Having a blast and living life EVERY DAY, As full as possible.. and cherishing the seconds that go past. This is really important to me… because out of all the things in life… the one thing we will NEVER get back is time. “Live and Love life”

Photo Credit for all the cool photos to Ian Myers!!! It was awesome to get to meet you!!

Photo by Ian Myers!!

More Updates soon!

Last edited by Mannykiller; 12-15-2014 at 10:58 PM.. Reason: photo credit
Mannykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:56 PM   #629
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

And a little video I made:

http://youtu.be/Kbq9kJRrLWw
Old 12-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #630
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
So many pictures it takes my phone takes years to upload this page lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote