Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #31
RbPowered240z
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
RbPowered240z is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
now can someone show me how to do this with a s14 manifold?
RbPowered240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM   #32
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
its not that much different from an s14 manifold...same basic ideas....

its actually more similar now with the newly designed s14sr greddy intake manifold.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:18 PM   #33
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
i have a question about the IACV.

i'm thinking of deleting it on my greddy intake manifold.

will it affect my standalone and what measures do i take to delete it besides welding it shut or blocking it off.

this is for those who deleted the IACV

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:59 AM   #34
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post

will it affect my standalone and what measures do i take to delete it besides welding it shut or blocking it off.

I deleted it on mine although my engine is not running yet, i ran my dohc ka the same way with no iacv. Works fine im not sure if it will affect the standalone im assuming no because i have seen alot of standalone users running no iacv. I have a block off plate for the s13 sr if you want to get it its made out of 1/8 aluminum. Lmk
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #35
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13silvia123 View Post

Stew (Jonny5) deleted his on his S14 SR and said that even with his big cams, all he had to do was bump the mechanical idle (via the throttle stop set screw) up to about 1000-1100rpm and it idles great, and more importantly, it comes back from idle solidly after drifting/etc.

I thought about doing this on my RB25 Greddy manifold, but figured the high idle might be a giveaway on the street that the motors not stock, so kept it.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #36
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
yeah if its a dedicated track car, i dont see a problem with getting rid of the aicv, but my general rule is if it on the street more times than the track, run the aicv.

Its really not that hard to hook up, its one plug, and two hoses. woohoo.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:26 PM   #37
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
sorry to dig up old threads but what do i do with the two hoses that are supposed to connect to the throttle body?
rebornS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #38
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornS14 View Post
sorry to dig up old threads but what do i do with the two hoses that are supposed to connect to the throttle body?
Coolant hoses.
Old 01-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #39
om3ga
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
om3ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebornS14 View Post
Bypass them, just run one long hose to both ends. Its better that way, unless you live in the snow.
om3ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:32 AM   #40
rebornS14
Zilvia FREAK!

rebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of lightrebornS14 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to rebornS14
got it. had to drill out the tabs to line up with the manifold. thanks guys.

Last edited by rebornS14; 02-11-2010 at 04:03 PM..
rebornS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #41
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
^ you have to modify the tabs if im not mistaking...i didnt have to on mine and it fit fine.
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #42
mikey_S13
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
mikey_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
soo when you delete the IACV .. where do you run the big vacuum hose that goes to the intercooler pipe?
mikey_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:01 PM   #43
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Eliminate it.
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #44
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
since this thread got dug up I want to remind everyone of the dangers of running the S14 pulley on the GReddy or GReddy style intake manifold. The stop on the pulley WILL hit before your pedal hits the floor. I have destroyed a head by sucking in the screws from the throttle plate after it broke. Effectively that little stop will support your "floored" foot pressure and transfer that load into the throttle plate hinge separating it at the first screw hole. The only solution to safely run this setup is to add an additional stop to the bottom of your pedal. I now weld my throttle plate screws to the hinge just encase. Don't suck in a screw!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_S13 View Post
soo when you delete the IACV .. where do you run the big vacuum hose that goes to the intercooler pipe?
it's not a "vacuum" hose.

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:57 AM   #45
BlackZenkiS14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
BlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond reputeBlackZenkiS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BlackZenkiS14
Subscribing, so I can easily find this and reference it later.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #46
EsChassisLove
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
EsChassisLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
What is the hose connected to the cold pipe even for? Because i dont have one lol.

And is there any way I can get one of those modified throttle cable brackets? I do my manifold Friday.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #47
lovesilvia

Trader Rating: (0)
lovesilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR I need help!

soooo, i installed a replica version of this intake manifold. i bought it on enjuku racing and of course looked at some reviews before and they said its work just as same. so my boyfriend and i worked on installing the intake manifold for almost 2 days. changed all the lines, re-did everything to make it look really nice.

now the problem is, when i start up the car, it does NOT hold any vacuum pressure. i went to 0 psi, and we have tried everything looked at all the lines and see what can cause this problem. so i dont know what is going on with my little silvia. if you guys can help me out this is my first car and the first time i ever fixed a car.

1989 240sx Coupe
Sr20DET Black Top E5
Fadanza 11 lbs flywheel
ISIS 3 inch full exhaust
Megan Exhaust Manifold
Greddy RS BOV
FMIC
I just bought a S-AFC II not hooked up yet
and so much more.

my co-worker at work told me it could be that my intake is holding more air.?? do you think that it can air fuel? or something i really need the help!!

thanks in advance.
lovesilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #48
s14unimog
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (22)
s14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond reputes14unimog has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14unimog
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
What is the hose connected to the cold pipe even for? Because i dont have one lol. And is there any way I can get one of those modified throttle cable brackets? I do my manifold Friday.
The connection is to provide your IACV with a metered air supply to control idle. The SR can be run without one but it'll need to be properly deleted and you'll need to adjust the throttle body to maintain an idle; the revs will have to be higher as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesilvia View Post
we have tried everything looked at all the lines and see what can cause this problem.

my co-worker at work told me it could be that my intake is holding more air.?? do you think that it can air fuel? or something i really need the help!!

Look again or pressure test the charge system to inspect for leaks. Something is obviously leaking. Your co-worker is an idiot, increasing the plenum capacity has nothing to do with issues holding vacuum. You shouldn't install parts you don't understand....

SHIFTlock_slide to side

d3m3rs0n: if i have a baby im naming it Brandons Fault Emerson
s14unimog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #49
lovesilvia

lovesilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
SR

You shouldn't install parts you don't understand....??

this is my first car i was trying to fix.. and i've asked my friends and they said it might be my MAF? i have no freaking idea im still learning how to do this. how would i check the pressure ?
lovesilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
2fast4y0u
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore2fast4y0u is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Here is a link to make one
How to make a homemade boost pressure tester for a turbo car | Video « Wonder How To

could be intake manifold gasket...did you replace it when you installed the new plenum. if so, what gasket did you use?

also, check to make sure all the plugs in the bottom are secure. they are there for various vacuum sources and if they are not sealed properly, they will leak.
2fast4y0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #51
BNASTYs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (50)
BNASTYs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BNASTYs13
nice write up. just helped me out
BNASTYs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 08:30 AM   #52
coupster
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
coupster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great writeup, the only thing I would say is in your step two in the beginning about letting fuel pressure drop waiting a few hours is not necessary. What you could do is remove the fuse for the fuel pump try to start the car and run it until it dies. That should do the trick removing fuel and pressure from your lines. When your done you put the fuse back in and she should start up like a champ.
Good luck guys!
coupster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #53
nissanduster
Leaky Injector

nissanduster is an unknown quantity at this point
really nice man
nissanduster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #54
heiyuu
Zilvia Addict

heiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfectionheiyuu is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupster View Post
Great writeup, the only thing I would say is in your step two in the beginning about letting fuel pressure drop waiting a few hours is not necessary. What you could do is remove the fuse for the fuel pump try to start the car and run it until it dies. That should do the trick removing fuel and pressure from your lines. When your done you put the fuse back in and she should start up like a champ.
Good luck guys!
Hey I was thinking the same thing! Except you could just unplug the fuel pump in your trunk.

Had to do this trick unplugging the FP before I changed my fuel pump, and also upgrading to a 300zx fuel filter!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:16 AM   #55
yeeaaboyyy1369

yeeaaboyyy1369 is an unknown quantity at this point
sorry to dig up an old thread, but i had a shop do mine when they put my new motor in (i work alot, so i had to send it off). its a knockoff but looks exactly the same. they gave the car back, and said they couldnt figure it out.... so now the car starts, runs at like 1400 rpm, then chokes itself out with fuel and dies within ten seconds. i looked at the manifold, and the PCV valve isnt hooked up to anything. its just open. so where does it go? it appears everything else is correct, but that goes nowhere. also, the two bolts on the back, the outer one is connected to the brake booster, but the inner is blocked off with a screw..... any ideas? thanks!
yeeaaboyyy1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #56
yeeaaboyyy1369

No one?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 AM   #57
conrad_s13.5
Zilvia FREAK!

conrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her selfconrad_s13.5 is making a name for him/her self
nothing should be blocked off.
im not 100% to be able to tell you, but i know i just looked at my stock set up and just set it up the same and never had a problem,... i can get a pic of mine up later tonight if there isnt a definatly answer up by then.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:54 AM   #58
yeeaaboyyy1369

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad_s13.5 View Post
nothing should be blocked off.
im not 100% to be able to tell you, but i know i just looked at my stock set up and just set it up the same and never had a problem,... i can get a pic of mine up later tonight if there isnt a definatly answer up by then.
I can't find any missing or broken lines other than that, but there is a two prong harness right there that isn't connected to anything. It comes out of the same harness as the injectors, and tees off. One side goes to this two prong, the other side goes to the four prong iacv harness.... What's this supposed to go to? It's the only thing I can find that looks out of place

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #59
Seraphim38
Zilvia Addict

Seraphim38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Seraphim38
does anyone have a before and after dyno sheet for the installation of only a Greddy Intake Manifold, on say a GT2871R powered SR20DET? I haven't ever seen one and don't know how much there is of a loss of bottom end and gain to top end really is.
Seraphim38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM   #60
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
I don't think off hand.... I was on stock manifold and just got an ISIS, but I need an engine rebuild sooo might not be till next year, but I will post back then.