Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-14-2018, 08:37 PM   #1
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
SOHC to DOHC Power Steering?

1990 s13...they all came with single cam, right?
i have an s14 sr20 engine in there now.

will the high pressure power steering line fit onto my s14 sr20 power steering pump?

i ask, because i read on nico that single cam high pressure lines wont fit on dohc, but i dont know exactly what part of the high pressure line he was referring to when he said it wont fit.

because i was just able to put the whole high pressure line from my single cam(again im assuming its the factory line if all 90s came with single cam) including this extension onto my s14 sr20 p/s pump.

just wanna make sure, so i when i go to bleed everything, i'm not spewing fluid everywhere since it wasn't supposed to fit according to homeboy.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 PM   #2
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i know this isnt what you are wanting but where the hell did you get that thing, ive been searching forever and cannot find one
oLemurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
On the DOHC chassis, it has the cooling loop, but on the SOHC hardlines, they actually are the feed/return for the rack so it can pass under the engine....hence why you can't use them on a DOHC setup like your S14 SR.

Easiest and probably cheapest solution is to run a braided line from the pump to the rack and rack to reservoir with the -an conversion fittings on the rack. Gets rid of the gaudy factory lines. At least, that's what I'm planning on doing.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 10:51 PM   #4
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
olemurs - it came on a pump i bought

thanks crash.

ok so i just looked at pictures of ka24e and the PS pump is on the passenger side (i totally had no idea). after comparing pictures, i dont think the high pressure PS line that came on my car is for a single cam since it looks to be made for a PS pump that's on the driver side of the engine aka a dohc, which explains why it fit right onto my s14 SR pump.

just doesn't make sense if my car is a 90, it should've been a sohc high pressure line. i mean i guess previous owner coulda installed a used dohc high pressure line. hmmmm
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
kennedy8383
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
kennedy8383 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can use chase bay's power steering line. Much cleaner and eazy to work inside the engine compartment.

https://www.chasebays.com/products/c...sr20det-ka24de
kennedy8383 is offline   Reply With Quote