Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #1
oldman_KA_T

Trader Rating: (0)
oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Been out of the 240 loop for years. Catch me up.

Parked it in about 2012 and just now decided to pick it back up, only to notice that most forums other than this one are dead. Even Craigslist has next to nothing for sale other than beat to crap cars asking outrageous prices. I know drift tax happened, but how does that explain the lack of parts out there and forum deaths? If anything that should have renewed it. The days of buying a bone stock s13 with a few door dings for $2500 are long gone, but where do I buy parts and cars? Is there some corner of the internet that I don't know about? Have people left forums for somewhere else? Did all the 240 owners grow up, have kids, sell their cars, or move to Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ? Should I just sell it and buy a Silverado? Fill me in please.
oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 AM   #2
xsil20x
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
xsil20x is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Haha I just got back into the game too yea it’s pretty much like u said it’s different now prices are crazy and parts are hard to find for good price but some buddies I know are still in it sense back then but yea good luck with sourcing out parts for prices that we where use to bro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
xsil20x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #3
xsil20x
Zilvia Member

I’m selling parts I came up on trying to get sr that back in road

Old 04-20-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Most people use Facebook groups now.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #5
xsil20x
Zilvia Member

Yep face book is pretty much where it’s at for parts around your area

Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_KA_T View Post
Parked it in about 2012 and just now decided to pick it back up, only to notice that most forums other than this one are dead. Even Craigslist has next to nothing for sale other than beat to crap cars asking outrageous prices. I know drift tax happened, but how does that explain the lack of parts out there and forum deaths? If anything that should have renewed it. The days of buying a bone stock s13 with a few door dings for $2500 are long gone, but where do I buy parts and cars? Is there some corner of the internet that I don't know about? Have people left forums for somewhere else? Did all the 240 owners grow up, have kids, sell their cars, or move to Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ? Should I just sell it and buy a Silverado? Fill me in please.
Just put the silverado engine in the 240

it solves most of the issues, the hard to get parts, old engines that need rebuilds, high prices for old used parts it all goes away
Old 04-20-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Did all the 240 owners grow up, have kids, sell their cars, or move to Toyota 86/FRS/BRZ?
...And Z cars, factory turbo or V8 BMWs, S550 Mustangs, ect...

There's a few hardcore guy that are doubling down on the 240 and even fewer still left for even older projects. See S30, Z31/Z32 resurgence.

There's just too many newer cars that need less work to be fun to spend much time thinking about 240s any more. For the $10-$15k must ppl budget for their builds, there is a whole lot of cool cars out there.

Not to mention the 25 year limitation on importing most of our 90s JDM dream cars is lifting bit by bit.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:57 PM   #8
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
If you managed to go away, I'd stay away. It's ugly over here.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:58 PM   #9
xsil20x
Zilvia Member

Haha yep but I can’t stay away had to come back lol

Old 04-20-2018, 03:03 PM   #10
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
V8's are more fun anyways. Nothing is new...Literally were just buying up all of the better of the older shitty parts lol.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:07 PM   #11
xsil20x
Zilvia Member

Haha yep I’ve been getting lucky n running into hella parts for good price

Old 04-20-2018, 03:27 PM   #12
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this thread is hilarious... im with simmode though, for the 10-15k it takes to build a 240 Ive seen Mercedes that you can buy.

I still enjoy the scene though, we have a lot of aftermarket aero for our cars so the variety is vast.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:25 PM   #13
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Driftaholic84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I just got back into it as well.. seems like nothing is up anymore and there are no pics available anywhere unless you’re a photobucket member or whatever. Facebook seems to be where it’s at to get used parts for sure. Lots of groups out there. They’ve also come up with some cool parts that make things easier for you that I’ve found. Also, Nissan dealerships still can get a lot of stuff you need the next day. Way over budget and still in the air lol. But the parts are pretty much here. Just a matter of getting them to fit and then I get to start the second one. At this point I have more in my 240 than my 2012 quest..
Driftaholic84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
I got a $400 truck engine, a $500 truck transmission, and a $500 BW turbo in my setup. Plan to touch 500-600rwhp pretty soon with these cheap ass parts.

You can do it cheap these days but gota be careful. I spent alot of extra money fixing up the 240 that had nothing to do with power output.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:52 PM   #15
hrdprkin180
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
hrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud ofhrdprkin180 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
If you managed to go away, I'd stay away. It's ugly over here.
Hahahaha! You aren’t kidding!
Old 04-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #16
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The nerds have stuck to the forums (which is for the better) and 90% of the potatoes stay on facebook and instagram and repeatedly ask the same questions.

The s-chassis scene sucks worse than ever. 240s are piles of shit anyways.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:44 AM   #17
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Thought I'd get back into 240 things back in 2016 after not owning one since 2009. Bought a 97....and then sold it earlier this month. I'm done.

Besides I'd rather buy my grandfather's El Camino than own another 240 anyway, so that's where the money is going.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by lunchmeat; 04-21-2018 at 08:34 PM..
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:23 AM   #18
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

For me its all about surprise factor with the 240. I had a guy ask me if I wanted to sell it, you know the drill. I'm like "ehhh, sure... Hmm lets see.... 25,000 USD" And he gave me the "haha funny joke" tone until I started it and then he raised an eyebrow and glared at the car so hard I thought he had x-ray vision.

Because you can't tell from the outside whats in it. It isn't like a vette where you just know that there is 'something in there'. It just looks like... wait for it....

a POS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4
Old 04-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #19
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
For me its all about surprise factor with the 240. I had a guy ask me if I wanted to sell it, you know the drill. I'm like "ehhh, sure... Hmm lets see.... 25,000 USD" And he gave me the "haha funny joke" tone until I started it and then he raised an eyebrow and glared at the car so hard I thought he had x-ray vision.

Because you can't tell from the outside whats in it. It isn't like a vette where you just know that there is 'something in there'. It just looks like... wait for it....

a POS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4&fs=1" width="644" height="390">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4&fs=1" />https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVPAMkxN6Z4
I hope you realize nobody is impressed by a LS swap.
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 12:46 PM   #20
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
I'm back from being a 6yr hiatus in my car hobby. With the 25yr law in effect, I scooped up an R32. Also started a 240 project with a LS. Since all the JDM parts becoming more and more expensive I switched to V8. I justed ordered parts from summit on 4/20 and I already have them by 11am 4/21 shipped from the Nevada Summit location.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #21
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
I hope you realize nobody is impressed by a LS swap.
This is my point. Everybody has done it. parts are cheap. Stuff is everywhere. I did my entire swap with used parts. All second hand junk. Somebody elses junk.

And you can't come on this forum now saying 240 is too expensive? its too hard to do? cry moar noob
Old 04-22-2018, 12:47 AM   #22
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

I have no problem not putting a v8 in my car. Won’t ever see me with one in there. I am definitely not impressed at all when you tell me that you did your motor swap with other peoples junk. Sounds like something I did when I was 17 and couldn’t afford better. You shouldn’t get a toy if you can’t afford to break it. Parts aren’t that hard to find. Between enjuku, frsport Nissan, Craigslist and eBay you can get whatever you need on the low.
Old 04-22-2018, 01:04 AM   #23
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

What ur going to buy a brand new crate engine instead?

All used JDM engines are somebody elses junk. get over it. U got junk in ur car, obv
Old 04-22-2018, 04:22 AM   #24
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
I'm actually talking about a lack of people selling stock parts on Craigslist and forums. Interior, body panels, etc. It's almost as if it's cheaper to buy aftermarket parts, but that makes you have to go for a gutted "track" car versus putting it back to a stock interior.
oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:32 AM   #25
Driftaholic84
Leaky Injector

Just keep an eye out. There are plenty of deals to be had all over. I’ve come across multiple interiors and partouts since I’ve been back where people weren’t trying to rape you for parts. Craigslist has been great. Try your surrounding areas or further and see if they’ll ship. Most people will.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #26
nismo35
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
nismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the roughnismo35 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I rarely post on here just because people can't seem to resist the urge to talk sh%t but I have been a Nissan/Datsun guy for 34 years. The 240 "scene" is as bad as the Honda scene we all used to make fun of. Difttaholic84 is right - keep checking Craigslist and the For Sale threads here (which are pretty damn awesome) and you should be able to find stuff.
nismo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 09:10 AM   #27
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Parts are still available to build a quality S13, you just have to wade through some of the crud to find them a bit more. The rise of social media has pushed the forums backwards a bit, but there are still good parts and info available here- just not as much traffic as there used to be. The Photobucket plugin for Chrome was working great for me a for a while, but I have noticed a lot of broken links again- perhaps I need to install a newer version.

OEM parts are still plentiful, it just takes a lot of research to get them. I find that I get most of my items from Japan these days, both new and used. Facebook groups are great for local items you need to track down, but the area I live in doesn't really have any of the items I am into. It's mostly younger kids with parts I have no interest in putting on my car at this point.

All this to say there are still people around that love this chassis and build and restore these cars to the same extent they used to- you just don't see it as often anymore.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:09 PM   #28
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
got out couldn't be happier! miss my 240 and sr swapped fc but less headache with my sti!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:20 AM   #29
PatPs13
Leaky Injector

PatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enoughPatPs13 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi03 View Post
got out couldn't be happier! miss my 240 and sr swapped fc but less headache with my sti!
Don't get too confident, your days are numbered.
PatPs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #30
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 128 reviews
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
you're gonna have to read and catch up its a lot worse than you think it is.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote