Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Ka24det no start

Hey guys so I decided to pull my motor today and drop in my rebuilt ka-t.
It’s a 97 , i used the harness from my stock motor, z32 maf (2 middle wires connected ), 550cc denso injectors and rs enpAlthy ecu.

I dropped my engine in, I’m using my distributor I had previously and it cranks but no start. I have spark, I have fuel pressure, gauge is reading at 40 psi, but when I pull my plugs, no fuel in cylinder. Injector has 12v on one side. I’m gunna go out and buy a noid light tomorrow to see if it’s grounding out but I don’t believe it is. I’ve read that the ECU grounds out the injectors so hopefully it’s not an ecu problem.
I’ve searched thru the forums already, but haven’t found any definitive answer. So if anyone has any info that would be helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2018, 03:28 AM   #2
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
the red wire to your injectors should be live and ready to supply 12v. it comes straight from the battery. the ground side is what actually controls the injectors.
and if youre saying you have fuel to the rail but none making it to the cylinders. and you can pull 12v from the red wire then you know the issues going to be on the ground side like you said.
I think its unlikely but a bad wire to the ecu could be part of the issue or all 4 injectors are seized. or the more likely problem is the ecu is fucked
was this a used enthalpy unit?
Old 03-28-2018, 04:04 AM   #3
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
the red wire to your injectors should be live and ready to supply 12v. it comes straight from the battery. the ground side is what actually controls the injectors.
and if youre saying you have fuel to the rail but none making it to the cylinders. and you can pull 12v from the red wire then you know the issues going to be on the ground side like you said.
I think its unlikely but a bad wire to the ecu could be part of the issue or all 4 injectors are seized. or the more likely problem is the ecu is fucked
was this a used enthalpy unit?

Thanks for the reply. I find it hard to believe it’s in the harness since I had just pulled it working a couple hours ago. But I will do more troubleshooting tomorrow. And no it’s a new ecu from Martin, but possibly defective. I’ll go out and try a noid light tomorrow, if no luck I’ll trace the grounds back to the ecu, and if a suspected ecu I’ll try plugging my old one back in to see if I can just get some fuel in the cylinder

Old 03-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #4
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
You should be able to slowly turn the distributor rotor by hand with the ignition on and hear the fuel injectors click and spray fuel, or woth the fuel pump fuse out the injectors still clocking. Are you using an adapter harness for the injectors? Make sure the pins are not being pushed out and theyre seated right. Cheap ones will do that..

Sent from mTalk
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 07:41 AM   #5
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnEssEnnKAT View Post
You should be able to slowly turn the distributor rotor by hand with the ignition on and hear the fuel injectors click and spray fuel, or woth the fuel pump fuse out the injectors still clocking. Are you using an adapter harness for the injectors? Make sure the pins are not being pushed out and theyre seated right. Cheap ones will do that..

Sent from mTalk

I haven’t checked with the distributor yet. I’ll try that , and yes they are hooked up with adapters, I’ll check the connections on each One, thanks bud

Old 03-28-2018, 07:51 AM   #6
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Yea they click on... I’ll check my timing

Old 03-28-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
if you have 40 psi at the rail. the injectors are clicking but you aren't getting fuel to the cylinders then (and I think this is highly unlikely) your injectors all four would have to be clogged really bad or the port on the rails would be clogged

hit it with the jungle juice and see if it fires
Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry man I just saw your comment. I got it to start.

So excited to get back on the road with this setup

Old 03-29-2018, 05:40 PM   #9
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

curious to know what happened
Old 03-31-2018, 06:42 PM   #10
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Well to be honest not sure. The injectors were clicking, I can hear them when I turned the distributor. I did notice I had it 180 degrees off, once I set it up correctly , only 2 cylinders were firing. I switch out the 2 known working injectors with the 2 that weren’t (I assumed they weren’t firing because the plugs didn’t smell like fuel) and now all cylinders fire ...

Thanks for your help bud