Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:42 AM   #7501
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's on the radar because of how few rwd coupes not in the super/luxury car segment are getting made right now. For all the weird quirks of the 4C I could go get a Solstice for less and have similar performance and quirks.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:58 AM   #7502
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkilburn View Post
It's on the radar because of how few rwd coupes not in the super/luxury car segment are getting made right now. For all the weird quirks of the 4C I could go get a Solstice for less and have similar performance and quirks.
But OMG... Mention Solstice/Sky around here and prepare to get clubbed to death... They seem like decent performers to me, but few have anything good to say about them. I dig them a lot though.

RWD, under 3000lbs, manual transmission & a factory (robust, solid & proven) 2.0t, with OEM support. What's not to love?!

I know lug pattern sucks & the fit/finish may not be the best, but i'm pretty sure it's better than most shitbox 240's.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:48 PM   #7503
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
If I could source a coupe or a proper hardtop Solstice I'd be all about it. It's still weird having to close the doors to open and close the hood.
Old 10-04-2015, 02:46 PM   #7504
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
But OMG... Mention Solstice/Sky around here and prepare to get clubbed to death... They seem like decent performers to me, but few have anything good to say about them. I dig them a lot though.

RWD, under 3000lbs, manual transmission & a factory (robust, solid & proven) 2.0t, with OEM support. What's not to love?!

I know lug pattern sucks & the fit/finish may not be the best, but i'm pretty sure it's better than most shitbox 240's.
Have you driven one? My uncle has a solstice and it's terrible. The interior is terrible, the motor is terrible, and it doesn't look good. Maybe if you were stripping the interior and turning in to a track car I would consider it, but as a street car there are tons of better options. I would get an S2k all day over a solstice. But as a stripped, built track car, maybe.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:15 PM   #7505
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
Have you driven one? My uncle has a solstice and it's terrible. The interior is terrible, the motor is terrible, and it doesn't look good. Maybe if you were stripping the interior and turning in to a track car I would consider it, but as a street car there are tons of better options. I would get an S2k all day over a solstice. But as a stripped, built track car, maybe.
agreed!

my dad has one and ive never been a fan. interior is super cramped and cheap feeling. N/A models are GROSSLY underpowered, the clutch in car is terrible and cannot be adjusted, zero trunk space, handling is meh... oh and did i mention CRAMPED!!!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 10:19 PM   #7506
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
I'll admit, I prefer the Sky over the Solstice by far. Maybe I just have really simple tastes, but what is wrong with this interior? Coming from a 240, I don't see much to complain about. I don't care about storage space in a toy car. That's what your daily driver is for.

Why do you say the motor sucks? 260hp from the factory. 400hp+ capable on stock internals. $500 gets you 290hp & 340ft/lbs with GM reflash. It'll walk all over a stock S2000 at that point. Yeah, it's got stupid direct injection and it ain't the amazing F20C, but it seems more capable than an SR and easier to maintain as well. Whats the problem with it?
Old 10-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #7507
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I'll admit, I prefer the Sky over the Solstice by far. Maybe I just have really simple tastes, but what is wrong with this interior? Coming from a 240, I don't see much to complain about. I don't care about storage space in a toy car. That's what your daily driver is for.

Why do you say the motor sucks? 260hp from the factory. 400hp+ capable on stock internals. $500 gets you 290hp & 340ft/lbs with GM reflash. It'll walk all over a stock S2000 at that point. Yeah, it's got stupid direct injection and it ain't the amazing F20C, but it seems more capable than an SR and easier to maintain as well. Whats the problem with it?
Maybe the Sky has a nicer interior than the solstice. The solstice I drove just had cheap materials. That's not something I care about in 20 year old nissans, but if I'm buying something modern I care.

As for the motor, you must be talking about the turbo one. I drove the naturally aspirated one and it felt very slow. Those numbers you posted are not bad.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #7508
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
drive one before buying... youll understand what i mean about a cramped interior. just putting the ebrake on is a pain in the ass from the angle you have to use it at. also, there is very little seat adjustment room too.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:45 PM   #7509
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Maybe the Sky has a nicer interior than the solstice. The solstice I drove just had cheap materials. That's not something I care about in 20 year old nissans, but if I'm buying something modern I care.

As for the motor, you must be talking about the turbo one. I drove the naturally aspirated one and it felt very slow. Those numbers you posted are not bad.
Yeah, I forget the N/A ones even exist, to be honest. I think the Sky is nicer than the Solstice in general because it's a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall. The crappy Solstice trim wouldn't fly in Europe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
drive one before buying... youll understand what i mean about a cramped interior. just putting the ebrake on is a pain in the ass from the angle you have to use it at. also, there is very little seat adjustment room too.
The ebrake in the RX8 is like that too. I'm a small guy, so 'cramped' may be a relative description. Annoying, but none of these would be deal breakers to me. They're down to around $10k now, about what I'd want to budget for an S-Chassis build. Guess I gotta go test drive a Sky Redline & see for myself.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:20 AM   #7510
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
The ebrake in the RX8 is like that too.
actually the only thing it has in common with the RX8 is that the manufacturers didnt bother redesigning the center console to place the ebrake on the proper side for the LHD model.

i was talking about ease of access in accordance to how you sit in the car. i had zero issues with the ebrake in the RX8. the reach was a little long but thats because im use to it directly next to me. in the Solstice, you are actually sitting below the ebrake so what happens is your elbow winds up at a diagonal angle pointing up with your fist downward while pulling up, its very awkward... trust me, youll know exactly what i mean the first few times you go to put the ebrake on.

Last edited by dorkidori_s13; 10-06-2015 at 12:54 PM..
Old 10-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #7511
simmode1
Post Whore!

^^^Ok, that does sound like a nightmare for drifters.
Old 10-06-2015, 09:55 PM   #7512
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Yeah, I forget the N/A ones even exist, to be honest. I think the Sky is nicer than the Solstice in general because it's a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall. The crappy Solstice trim wouldn't fly in Europe.
Yea. What is the price difference?
Old 10-07-2015, 04:38 PM   #7513
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Solstice GXP Coupe for me. So damn rare too. Its one of my favorie GM cars ever designed. It might not be perfect, but it's perfectly sexy IMO.

The biggest shame with those cars is we never saw a Sky Coupe.

I don't drift so the E-Brake thing would be a 100% non-issue.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:49 PM   #7514
vanish1
Zilvia Addict

vanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymorevanish1 is not welcome here anymore
I think for the money I would rather have a C5 Corvette
Old 10-07-2015, 08:57 PM   #7515
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
Its pretty hard to argue against that. lol
Old 10-07-2015, 09:00 PM   #7516
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
actually the only thing it has in common with the RX8 is that the manufacturers didnt bother redesigning the center console to place the ebrake on the proper side for the LHD model.
Some manufactures purposely move it. US is300 have the e-brake on then right side of the shifter. While Jdm has the e-brake on the left of the shifter. So annoying how they decided that.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #7517
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

in mazdas case, just pure lazy...

JDM RX8:

USDM RX8:

Old 10-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #7518
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Actually didn't see this one coming. As a Miata fighter, I like it.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-...ve-sign-us-up/
Old 10-08-2015, 10:28 AM   #7519
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yea. What is the price difference?
I dunno. Should be minimal now. These are like $10k to $12k cars were talking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanish1 View Post
I agree, but the last time I went looking at them, it was hard to find a Vette around this price that wasn't a crappy auto vert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Actually didn't see this one coming. As a Miata fighter, I like it.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/toyota-...ve-sign-us-up/
Hmm... I wonder if they're planning on taking the FRS/86 a bit up market to make more room for this little guy? Factory FI might be in the future for the 86, after all? Shouldn't be hard - Just use the Lexus NX's 2.0t...
Old 10-08-2015, 10:40 AM   #7520
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Hmm... I wonder if they're planning on taking the FRS/86 a bit up market to make more room for this little guy? Factory FI might be in the future for the 86, after all? Shouldn't be hard - Just use the Lexus NX's 2.0t...
If they were smart they WOULD stick their new 2.0t in the FRS/86, at least as an option to move it up market. This S-FR may bring more competition to the mix for the Miata than anyone probably predicted.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:23 AM   #7521
simmode1
Post Whore!

So, I pull up to work today and notice something I haven't seen before on our company Infinti Q50 test vehicle: a 2.0t badge... WTF. Have we talked about this here? Nissan/Infiniti has a RWD 2.0t and aren't talking about putting it in a smaller vehicle? I looked for info about this model online and pretty much only found European reviews. Apparently it makes 208hp and 236ft/lbs. What gives?
Old 10-10-2015, 09:30 AM   #7522
simmode1
Post Whore!

Hmmm... Apparently, the car I'm looking at is powered by an M274 DE20 and is Europe/China only. Oh. And it's a Mercedes engine... I think I remember discussing this now...
Old 10-10-2015, 12:51 PM   #7523
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

It's a stupid tiny under powered meh machine. Doesn't even seem worth buying to modify.
Old 10-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #7524
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
for that new toyota sf-r you guys have to realize that ae86's, starlets, etc were all considered "small underpowered cars"
car is very similar to the toyota sports 800 of lore
I like the sf-r though I doubt I would ever buy one

120hp 1.5l I4 no stupid boxer bullshit
2000 ib curb weight
fr setup
nice body lines and unique style
I think if they built the car it would be pretty cool and possibly very competitive with the miata
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:52 PM   #7525
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

im just gonna go ahead and step behind the flame barrier after that last comment...

Old 10-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #7526
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Besides the twin-turbo Quadrifoglio, the 'base' models of the Guilia will come with a turbo V6, turbo I4, a turbodiesel V6, and a turbodiesel I4.
All come stock with a 50/50 weight distribution, carbon fiber driveshaft, aluminum hood and doors, and other such neat bits.
What a cool car.

Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:40 PM   #7527
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Besides the twin-turbo Quadrifoglio, the 'base' models of the Guilia will come with a turbo V6, turbo I4, a turbodiesel V6, and a turbodiesel I4.
All come stock with a 50/50 weight distribution, carbon fiber driveshaft, aluminum hood and doors, and other such neat bits.
What a cool car.
Wow that's a lot of engine options. This thing is the fucking business.

so cool
Old 10-13-2015, 05:16 PM   #7528
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

The true successor to the E46 M3:
http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars...-bmw-m2-specs/

I wish it was N/A though...
Old 10-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #7529
simmode1
Post Whore!

Finally. Been waiting for the M2 to drop forever. But geezus, I do NOT like those front bumper inlets.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #7530
simmode1
Post Whore!

Wait... Lolwut?
Quote:
The M2's stability control also adds an M Dynamic Mode switch that allows for more playfulness before the electronic nannies intervene. Using MDM allows for more wheel slip for "moderate, controlled drifts," BMW says. In other words, it's the go-sideways button.
http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...-a-drift-mode/