Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:45 AM   #10501
Future240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
You know. If you look back at the turbo concept this cars really similar to it. That car had no hood scoop and normal looking exhaust too.

I in no way believe the FA20T is in this Sti but one could hope?

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/01/s...#slide-3413772
My food, mead, beer, liqour and wine blog
http://eatdrinkmanwife.blogspot.com/
Stop by read and article and comment.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2017, 10:42 AM   #10502
tb13
new phone who dis

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
FA20DIT powered BRX STi would be incredible, but I doubt it will happen. With Totoya and Subaru being partnered up on this car, I doubt Subaru will be able to offer a higher tier version (in regards to power output) while Toyota continues to only sell the N/A model.

Although, since Toyota is prepping a new Supra, maybe that gives Subaru enough wiggle room to release a boosted FA powered BRZ. Only speculation though, Subaru still refuses to update the STi's ancient EJ25 because it still sells...

If they do release a BRZ STi with the FA20DIT, I'll be giving back my WRX to get one. The FA20DIT has really impressed me with how smooth its torque delivery is and how easy it is to make power. My car is tuned on E54 making 330whp/340wtq, other than the tune its completely stock. Picked up 100whp/wtq by simply switching fuel, with some other cooling mods and a j-pipe I'd be able to make around 400whp easily.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:00 PM   #10503
JRS90FASTBACK
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
JRS90FASTBACK is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
List of S-chassis parts they should bring back.

-kouki wings
-cool boxes
-card holders
-Sr20's
-Valences
-Floor Mats
-Sunroof assemblies
-S14 steering racks
-ka24de a/c compressors

How about pignose lips? Can't find them anywhere and whoever has them wants a nut for them.
Old 05-24-2017, 03:26 PM   #10504
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
No one excited about the Lotus buyout?
Old 05-24-2017, 04:38 PM   #10505
dorkidori_s13
The Marketplace Mod

Trader Rating: (40)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkidori_s13
ill be bringing the S13 zenki and kouki lips back in polyurethane (fuck Nissan) at some point in the next few years. i just dont have $6000 to blow on molds right now...

Bought something from me??? POST A REVIEW HERE!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 05:19 PM   #10506
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the roughkashira kureijii is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post

Now not only are they british (known to make shit cars) but are chinese managed as well, i"d expect to see some pretty poor quality lotus"s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:03 PM   #10507
dbeiler
Premium Member

dbeiler is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Not until they manage to pass the safety requirements and start selling cars in the US again. I'll move for a Skyline, not for a Lotus.

Captain shit-stirrer at your command.

My premium member build thread http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=542685
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #10508
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (211)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 211 reviews
Send a message via AIM to drift freaq
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
Not until they manage to pass the safety requirements and start selling cars in the US again. I'll move for a Skyline, not for a Lotus.
Ah they have been selling cars in the U.S. There is a dealership in Orange County .

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 06:50 PM   #10509
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kashira kureijii View Post
Now not only are they british (known to make shit cars) but are chinese managed as well, i"d expect to see some pretty poor quality lotus"s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Open your eyes. LR, Jaguar and Volvo are making the best cars in their long storied history's. Geely is actually very hands off management wise, and VERY hands of capitol wise. Which is what they (as well as LR, Volvo and Jaguar) needed.

Mark my words, within 5 years Lotus will be a contender again.
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #10510
Future240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (14)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
FA20DIT powered BRX STi would be incredible, but I doubt it will happen. With Totoya and Subaru being partnered up on this car, I doubt Subaru will be able to offer a higher tier version (in regards to power output) while Toyota continues to only sell the N/A model.

Although, since Toyota is prepping a new Supra, maybe that gives Subaru enough wiggle room to release a boosted FA powered BRZ. Only speculation though, Subaru still refuses to update the STi's ancient EJ25 because it still sells...

If they do release a BRZ STi with the FA20DIT, I'll be giving back my WRX to get one. The FA20DIT has really impressed me with how smooth its torque delivery is and how easy it is to make power. My car is tuned on E54 making 330whp/340wtq, other than the tune its completely stock. Picked up 100whp/wtq by simply switching fuel, with some other cooling mods and a j-pipe I'd be able to make around 400whp easily.
I've heard it is a rather torquey 2L. Id wonder how long it would last a 400whp. I wish subaru would grow up and drop a six cylinder turbo boxer in the Sti, update and put the Ej25 (maybe EJ30?) in the WRX then that leaves room for the FA20T in the BRZ Sti

Quote:
Honestly not really. I have seen lots of lotus cars. Nothing of them that look good to me. Gasp I know. The Elise, Evora etc all are fugly IMO. Its great that such an Iconic company will live on but meh.
My food, mead, beer, liqour and wine blog
http://eatdrinkmanwife.blogspot.com/
Stop by read and article and comment.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #10511
tb13
new phone who dis

tb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nicetb13 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I've heard it is a rather torquey 2L. Id wonder how long it would last a 400whp. I wish subaru would grow up and drop a six cylinder turbo boxer in the Sti, update and put the Ej25 (maybe EJ30?) in the WRX then that leaves room for the FA20T in the BRZ Sti
Subaru's roots are in the economy car, I doubt they will ever sacrifice some MPG's for a turbo H6 motor. If they were to replace the EJ, I could see a 2.2L or 2.3L FA motor being dropped into the STi.

It is an incredibly torquey motor, which also leads to them being prone to sending rods out of the case halves rather easy if you drive like a retard. The OE rods are the weak point, guys will lay into the throttle at low RPM and the engine will make 250+ft/lbs for torque before 2500rpm and snap a rod in half. There are tond of guy making over 380whp with zero issues on ethanol.

Here is a graph from when my car hit the dyno, make 330whp/340wtq on this pull. Super linear power, makes a super fun daily driver.