Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-31-2008, 01:38 PM   #1
TurboNinja

Trader Rating: (0)
TurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo seems to be bogging out...could be wrong..please help.

I have been noticing me turbo not wanting to kick in as efficiently lately.Seem to have to really mat it to get up to speed.Now mind you this is the first high performance vehicle I have ever owned.I do not have a boost controler as of yet, and my boost is egaging to 5psi.I will be getting this soon but Im far too cheap to do this sooner that later.Also from what I have noted myh oil level has been over filled since my sr20 motor was installed, wondering if this may cause this concern and/or what should I be watching out for.
TurboNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sounds like an exhaust leak pre-turbo.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
5 psi is not shit thats why your car feels slow when you up up it to 10+ psi you will notice a huge differnce.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 02:09 PM   #4
TurboNinja

TurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-known
Thats what Ive been thing all along, but when I frist brought it up to my shop when it was a hell of allot worse they replaced the maf and sent me on my way.For a while there it ran awesome!
Old 07-31-2008, 02:10 PM   #5
TurboNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
5 psi is not shit thats why your car feels slow when you up up it to 10+ psi you will notice a huge differnce.

Is it true that these motors can handle 15 psi?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNinja View Post
These "Engines" can handle 20+ depnding on how to build it
SR20's can handle up to 500hp on stock bottom end internals
But it requires a metal H/G
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Old 07-31-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Quote:

The stock T25 is supposed to run at ____ psi.

Most people turn them up to ____ psi max, because of these reasons:

1) __________
2) __________
3) __________

Now please do your homework and do a little searching on this site and come up with the answers. I guarantee you, you will learn a lot as you look into those things.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
TurboNinja

Do you have any tips or suggestions as far as the best boost controler to use?
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Do you have any tips or suggestions as far as the best boost controler to use?
Adjustable ones

This will tell you everything you will need to know

http://zilvia.net/f/search.php

There are countless threads on this site that ppl have asked and reviewed on

I know you posted a thread a few days ago on this same subject and ppl flamed on you for not using the search system.

Zilvia is a great place were more than happy to help you out but you gotta meet us over half way.

This question has been asked so many times, thats why ppl get pissed cuz were tired of answering the same questions everyday.

That is why we have a Sticky'd FAQ so we dont have to repeat ourselves. http://zilvia.net/f/engine-tech/62607-sr20det-faq.html

Study other ppls problem threads and build thread information and you will learn alot about what products are good.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-31-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
TurboNinja

What is with this place....you can ask a question without being shit on.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:02 PM   #11
DDSR240
Zilvia Member

DDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post

1) __________
2) __________
3) __________

Now please do your homework and do a little searching on this site and come up with the answers. I guarantee you, you will learn a lot as you look into those things.
Too much greed.
Lack of knowledge.
Too cheap to upgrade the t25.........."Survey say's"?????????
Old 07-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #12
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:

1) __________
2) __________
3) __________

just a tip.....dont run it past 18psi

def stay away from 20......

and make sure your wastegate doesn't suck
Old 07-31-2008, 03:21 PM   #13
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:

I just explained why.

Plus be happy you still only have 1 Red square.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-31-2008, 04:03 PM   #14
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
I just explained why.

Plus be happy you still only have 1 Red square.
Too late.

There's now 2.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
240driftin[Sil80]
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough240driftin[Sil80] will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shit talking

Quote:
for real man, i feel ya. im sick of this shit. ask a simple question like lsd vs vlsd and then people like have heart attacks or sumthing, saying bs like o u shudnt even be drifting, noob all this bs. its like rather then spend ur tie jus talkin shit on hte internet like a lame ass person, why dont u jus simply answer the question. o and my main problem is they say o u dumbfuck search it. its like wtf? thats wat im doing. asking drivers their personal knowledge.
240driftin[Sil80] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240driftin[Sil80] View Post
for real man, i feel ya. im sick of this shit. ask a simple question like lsd vs vlsd and then people like have heart attacks or sumthing, saying bs like o u shudnt even be drifting, noob all this bs. its like rather then spend ur tie jus talkin shit on hte internet like a lame ass person, why dont u jus simply answer the question. o and my main problem is they say o u dumbfuck search it. its like wtf? thats wat im doing. asking drivers their personal knowledge.
When you ask a question such as lsd and vlsd you're lucky someone didnt slap you in the face. Here's a few suggestions: 1 learn how to spell and talk properly 2 please use the search function, this site has a very nice and easy to use search engine, it even lists the different types of threads. Lastly stop crying. No one wants to take time to answer the same question 500000000000 times, have a nice day.

Edit: To the OP, t25 are f'ing garbage. Dont boost it more than 12 is what i would recomend. Get a t28 and a nice tune and your car will hump you.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240driftin[Sil80] View Post
Holy fuck my text box is now full of red squiggly lines from improper English.

Instead of typing a n00b ass question like a lame ass person, why don't you do us all a favor and USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION AND ANSWER YOUR OWN DAMN QUESTION?

About a billion n00bs have asked the same n00b ass questions before you, so what makes you think your n00b ass question will have a different answer than the same billion answers to the billions of n00b questions that you just asked?

Honestly, so many of you fucking n00b kids come on here and want people to spoon feed you information instead of doing some leg work and looking for the answers yourselves, sometimes I wonder how you kids get through school if your daddy and mommy don't do your homework for you. Do you sit there and cry to the teacher how they're lame and ask you to do stuff that you don't know anything about, because you don't want to learn it?

ZOMG THAT'S SO GAY LEMME CUT MYSELF TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I CAN STILL FEEL!!!!!1!!!(5-4)!!!one
Old 07-31-2008, 07:19 PM   #18
SHIFT_*grind*
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
SHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfectionSHIFT_*grind* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDSR240 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
just a tip.....dont run it past 18psi

def stay away from 20......
Holy hell, are you people really running your little T25s at 16 and 18psi? Why?

Stock is 11psi, 7 without the boost solenoid (which most motor swaps don't have). There is 0 reason to put it past 14, and that's pushing it.
Old 07-31-2008, 07:24 PM   #19
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Holy fuck my text box is now full of red squiggly lines from improper English.

Instead of typing a n00b ass question like a lame ass person, why don't you do us all a favor and USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUNCTION AND ANSWER YOUR OWN DAMN QUESTION?

About a billion n00bs have asked the same n00b ass questions before you, so what makes you think your n00b ass question will have a different answer than the same billion answers to the billions of n00b questions that you just asked?

Honestly, so many of you fucking n00b kids come on here and want people to spoon feed you information instead of doing some leg work and looking for the answers yourselves, sometimes I wonder how you kids get through school if your daddy and mommy don't do your homework for you. Do you sit there and cry to the teacher how they're lame and ask you to do stuff that you don't know anything about, because you don't want to learn it?

ZOMG THAT'S SO GAY LEMME CUT MYSELF TO REMIND MYSELF THAT I CAN STILL FEEL!!!!!1!!!(5-4)!!!one
This is not our Jobs to give you information, We dont get paid for this shit, so we dont have to answer your questions.

Like said we do this to help ppl out but were not gonna hold y'all hand and build or fix your car for you, you gotta meet us at a MINIMUM of half way.

Not shit like this,

My car runs shitty what should i do? I dont know Jack shit about cars or Turbo'd Engines, I bought this Engine to be cool like everyone else.

Cuz then we respond:

FAIL!! Search n00b!!

Somthing like this:
My car is bogging under boost, I already checked Boost leaks, MAF, CAS, Injectors, TPS. Is there anything else I should check?

We Respond:
Oh ok Well what fuel Pump are you running?

Oh a stock KA F/P KA F/P is Old and Crappy
You need to slap in a Walbro 255 F/P

Then you respond:

Hey I put in the New F/P and everything is perfect
Thanks Zilvia guyz

Then you Give us lots of Rep Points ^_^
And Every Ones happy
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 07-31-2008, 08:50 PM   #20
TurboNinja

Quote:
This is not our Jobs to give you information, We dont get paid for this shit, so we dont have to answer your questions.

Like said we do this to help ppl out but were not gonna hold y'all hand and build or fix your car for you, you gotta meet us at a MINIMUM of half way.

Not shit like this,

My car runs shitty what should i do? I dont know Jack shit about cars or Turbo'd Engines, I bought this Engine to be cool like everyone else.

Cuz then we respond:

FAIL!! Search n00b!!

Somthing like this:
My car is bogging under boost, I already checked Boost leaks, MAF, CAS, Injectors, TPS. Is there anything else I should check?

We Respond:
Oh ok Well what fuel Pump are you running?

Oh a stock KA F/P KA F/P is Old and Crappy
You need to slap in a Walbro 255 F/P

Then you respond:

Hey I put in the New F/P and everything is perfect
Thanks Zilvia guyz

Then you Give us lots of Rep Points ^_^
And Every Ones happy

Read my original post when I made this thread, you guys are now comparing apples to oranges.The only reason your doing this now is because of my first post on this forum to which yes I was in the wrong, but for god sakes let it go.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #21
Mikey88
Zilvia Member

Mikey88 is on a distinguished road
search ftw!
Mikey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:48 AM   #22
DDSR240
Zilvia Member

DDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond reputeDDSR240 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHIFT_*grind* View Post
Holy hell, are you people really running your little T25s at 16 and 18psi? Why?

Stock is 11psi, 7 without the boost solenoid (which most motor swaps don't have). There is 0 reason to put it past 14, and that's pushing it.
Back in the day when I had a t25 I actually kept getting good results untill I hit 16 psi (thats on a real dyno not seat of the pants). I also had a pretty effieciant intercooler so that let me get away with that couple extra psi. BUT!!! I am in no way sugguesting anybody with a t25 go past 14 (thats with a front mount)...I've learned my lesson it best to just go to a larger turbo and be safe.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #23
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
Quote:
I have been noticing me turbo not wanting to kick in as efficiently lately.Seem to have to really mat it to get up to speed.Now mind you this is the first high performance vehicle I have ever owned.I do not have a boost controler as of yet, and my boost is egaging to 5psi.I will be getting this soon but Im far too cheap to do this sooner that later.Also from what I have noted myh oil level has been over filled since my sr20 motor was installed, wondering if this may cause this concern and/or what should I be watching out for.
the only possibility that I can think of is that if the motor is over filled with oil, then the oil cant drain enough from the turbo, there's too much oil in the bearing housing, and its causing too much friction on you turboshaft and bearings for it to spool properly. i had this kind of problem on a homemade jet engine i made out of a t2 from a volvo. after awhile of it running like shit, the oil pressure, plus there being too much oil in the turbo, caused the rear seals too blow out and then it was smoke city. hope it helps.
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 10:56 AM   #24
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowny View Post
the only possibility that I can think of is that if the motor is over filled with oil, then the oil cant drain enough from the turbo, there's too much oil in the bearing housing, and its causing too much friction on you turboshaft and bearings for it to spool properly. i had this kind of problem on a homemade jet engine i made out of a t2 from a volvo. after awhile of it running like shit, the oil pressure, plus there being too much oil in the turbo, caused the rear seals too blow out and then it was smoke city. hope it helps.
The Oil feed Banjo bolt has an oil restrictor built in to it so its not gonna over pressureize the bearing center section, plus I've never heard of haveing too much lubrication making somthing spin slower. Yes Over pressuring the center section will blow the seals out but not slow it down

Over filling the oil is not that big a deal, its not like there is a point to where the oil pump needs to not pump oil, the main concern is not filling it up to the the oil return point
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-01-2008, 11:28 AM   #25
Clowny
Leaky Injector

Clowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to beholdClowny is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Clowny Send a message via Yahoo to Clowny
Quote:
The Oil feed Banjo bolt has an oil restrictor built in to it so its not gonna over pressureize the bearing center section, plus I've never heard of haveing too much lubrication making somthing spin slower. Yes Over pressuring the center section will blow the seals out but not slow it down

Over filling the oil is not that big a deal, its not like there is a point to where the oil pump needs to not pump oil, the main concern is not filling it up to the the oil return point
gotcha. well on my jet, there is no flow restrictor for the oil. and when im starting it up, i have to drop the pressure down to about half just to get it to spool high enough to idle because it seriously wont want to spin fast enough becuase of the oil. once the engine warms up and the oil viscosity drops, i can then bring the oil pressure back to full.

so sorry turbo ninja. guess my idea wont help. hope you get it figured out.
Clowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:34 AM   #26
TurboNinja

Im really worried about the seals mainly thats why I havent driven it all week.But I think Clowny does make a good point.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #27
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Quote:
Im really worried about the seals mainly thats why I havent driven it all week.But I think Clowny does make a good point.
If you are running the OEM Hardlines for the turbo you do not need to worry about over pressureizing the the Center Section becuase there is a n Oil Restrictor installed

Too much Oil will not slow down your turbo spool
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Old 08-01-2008, 12:15 PM   #28
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Hmm... what type of oil are you guys talking about?

Too thick of an oil could cause the turbo to not spin as smoothly I guess, but honestly, I'd rather have the turbo not spin as smoothly than to risk not having enough lubrication on it.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:28 PM   #29
Black240Ct
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Black240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enoughBlack240Ct will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black240Ct
i dont know if u had ur question answered i skipped a bunch of posts. but an exhaust leak could cause the cars response to feel like shit. either the head to ehaust gasket or the turbo mani to turbo gasket. see if there are leaks,

or just your shitty waste gate giving out. get a hks one. well worth the cash and you can adjust boost with it. made a big difference on my car.
Black240Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #30
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
you would hear an exhaust leak before you can feel it. And Royal Purple is the best oil for your SR.