Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:05 AM   #1
Casual skids

Trader Rating: (0)
Casual skids is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 diff to s14 issues

Idk if I posted already Tapatalk is hard to navigate?? But I swapped an lsd out off an s13 into my s14 and since then while leaving first slowly making a hard turn I get a gnarly binding noise/feeling. It only happens leaving first on a nearly full lock turn it feels like something is gonna rip off the car. Normal driving at speeds is unaffected. The car is all stock besides some unknown shocks and springs sitting at stock height. Any help is much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Casual skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2018, 07:33 PM   #2
smoketherear
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
smoketherear is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i currently have a 180sx diff in my s14 zenki , which hardware are you using? i know you can get away using the S14 diff bolts with some washers but you need to make sure the diff is ligned up correctly. I did thjis for a few years with no issues. Recently i purchased oem s1`3 hardware to bolt the diff back to the subframe. also check your axels
smoketherear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:23 PM   #3
majgoldfish

Trader Rating: (5)
majgoldfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Were both diffs either abs or non-abs? Drive shaft length matters if you used a non ABS driveshaft with an ABS diff it might be a bit screwy due to length differences for example. If you did the opposite I think the DS would be too short

Last edited by majgoldfish; 09-04-2018 at 09:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling
majgoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 11:59 AM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Is it a clutch-type lsd? Like a 1/1.5/2 way. If so that's kind of normal especially on some units like Kaaz.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote