Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-01-2008, 03:01 PM   #31
TurboNinja

Trader Rating: (0)
TurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
you would hear an exhaust leak before you can feel it. And Royal Purple is the best oil for your SR.
This is what I was thinking of originaly, and yesterday when I drove the thing it sound like a huge bumble bee under the hood.So now Im pissed its seem to be one thing after another with this car.

Last edited by TurboNinja; 08-01-2008 at 04:27 PM..
TurboNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #32
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to flip3d
So if a million other n00bz asked the same question, wouldn't their pointless threads come up in the results for like 20 pages?

Mods should be deleting all of these threads instead of locking them.

edit:

You should replace your exhaust/turbo gaskets because the most likely haven't been changed.

While the turbo is off, check for any play in the turbine, make sure there's no oil in the housing blah blah... take the arm off the wastegate and make sure the flapper moves freely. Use a little lube to keep it nice and... movable?

Make sure all your nuts/studs are still good. Torque everything in steps to spec.

Enjoy your fresh, non-leaky, gaskets.
flip3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:04 PM   #33
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlecamslam View Post
Royal Purple is the best oil for your SR.
No its not, for these old high mileage Engines throwing in some super slick Oil is not the best idea to do.

I've read a few threads on here about ppl changing to RP and then soon after spinning Rod Bearings.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 04:29 PM   #34
TurboNinja

TurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-knownTurboNinja is making his/her stupidity well-known
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
No its not, for these old high mileage Engines throwing in some super slick Oil is not the best idea to do.

I've read a few threads on here about ppl changing to RP and then soon after spinning Rod Bearings.
Im using 5/30 amzoil
Old 08-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #35
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

flip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond reputeflip3d has a reputation beyond repute
So if the SR runs at 11psi with the boost solenoid, does that mean the ECU is tuned for 11psi? I might get a boost controller then.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM   #36
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post

Hmm i might have to reconsider my oil than, I just got a free case of royal purple and was pretty stoked about that. I guess i'll switch to mobil one synthetic or something, cause my motor was ran on synthetic by previous owner.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #37
TurboNinja

You pretty much have to use synthetic on these motors dont you?
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #38
flip3d
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboNinja View Post
You pretty much have to use synthetic on these motors dont you?

for what reason?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:01 PM   #39
merve0o0

merve0o0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to merve0o0
I wouldent use a fully synth oil in an old sr if it has been freshly rebuilt then you can probably get away with it. semi synth is good enough. in a worn engine the particles in fully synth are to small and will cause leaks and will burn oil

i use total 10w30 its good but my lifters have got a bit noisy. most people over here use 10w30-10w40 but depends on climate

14 is about the "safe" max for a t25g im running 10-14 and it has been for a couple of years now. but i would recomend getting a EBC if your going to run it close to the limit.
merve0o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:08 PM   #40
TurboNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve0o0 View Post
I wouldent use a fully synth oil in an old sr if it has been freshly rebuilt then you can probably get away with it. semi synth is good enough. in a worn engine the particles in fully synth are to small and will cause leaks and will burn oil

i use total 10w30 its good but my lifters have got a bit noisy. most people over here use 10w30-10w40 but depends on climate

14 is about the "safe" max for a t25g im running 10-14 and it has been for a couple of years now. but i would recomend getting a EBC if your going to run it close to the limit.

EBC?Do you mean a manual boost controler wont do?
Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 PM   #41
s14jesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
s14jesse is making his/her stupidity well-knowns14jesse is making his/her stupidity well-knowns14jesse is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s14jesse
u probably have a boost leak or mayb ur timing is off...if it sputters check ur spark plugs
s14jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #42
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow thanks to the asshole that gave me neg rep that says "Royal purple is shit" thats why i said i was mistaken, idiot. Leave a name next time.