Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
Tricky1980
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Tricky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tricky1980
lugs and brakes

I just picked up a 350z and smart me didnt look at the lug nuts before buying it didnt know i should ha.. well they are ROUND lugnuts on the outside and have a octagon or whatever shape on teh inside... what is the nam eof the tool for this thing im not finding anything...
2nd lil problem.. drove it 2.5 hours home worked fine.. but when i got into town back home.. under HEAVY braking they work awesome.. under light.. the rear driver side makes a horrific crunching noise .. did a pad get lose or is it much worse then this.. i cant get the wheel off to check yet ha...
thanks
Jay
Tricky1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
clark
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
clark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfectionclark is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the party you purchased the vehicle from should know what key to use. when you say octagon, did you count 8 edges?

i've seen lugs that used allan/hex keys. did you search the car for the lug key? there are little compartments behind the passenger seat.

ask the previous owner

search the car

as for braking...why don't you take your wheel off and do some troubleshooting.
clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
apex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (44)
apex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfectionapex is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by clark View Post
the party you purchased the vehicle from should know what key to use. when you say octagon, did you count 8 edges?

i've seen lugs that used allan/hex keys. did you search the car for the lug key? there are little compartments behind the passenger seat.

ask the previous owner

search the car

as for braking...why don't you take your wheel off and do some troubleshooting.

dumb did u read what U just wrote if he cant find the key how the hell
would he take the wheels off to check the brakes???
can u take pix of the lug maybe we can help

edit yea 500 post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
pics of lugs or gtfu IOWA woo woo bitch
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
ellisonrox
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
ellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond reputeellisonrox has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you might just need a deep socket if you can't find the key
ellisonrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 PM   #6
Tricky1980
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Tricky1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tricky1980
well, no pics yet but... i got the wheel off with a 12mm moster allen wrench deal.. just used a hammer to make it a "perfect" fit and then they came right off.. on the brake side of it.. i cant find anything loose or anythign except being pretty thin pads so im HOPING that its the wear hardware just making contact.. changing pads and turnign rotors tomorrow.. thanks for all the answers
Jay
Tricky1980 is offline   Reply With Quote