Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #31
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoiken3 View Post
are parts as redily available for cressida's as they are for s-chassis? if so, i might invest in one. need a 4 seater.......
I wouldn't say the shit is READILY available because there are companies making NEW parts for S13.

But a lot of Toyota parts are interchangeable.

If you need a cool car, that can be lowered, put some wheels and an LSD in, than yes, Cressida has some parts you can get pretty easily.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #32
aardvark
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (22)
aardvark is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
horrible pics.

aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #33
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cressidas are dope and ive always found them to be unique. sadly it is slowly turning into a trend. I never had a reason to build one until i crashed my corolla a couple of years ago. It takes some research and a lot of dedication to build these cars and stick with it. Its definitely something different and you get a crap load of attention. I know whenever i go cruising the bay i get looks everywhere i go. I get loads of compliments on my "sick ass camry."lol. my main goal for building a cressida was to be able to fit all 4 of my sisters and still look mad Gangsta at the same time. I wanted a luxury car, but obviously couldnt afford a lexus or infinity. and the cressida has a shit load of features that modern day cars have. I also have mad love for old schol. I got everything i want in one car. The cressida forum is cool for tech info, but other than that its pretty dead.lol

Falkon240 - I believe you and Gio have been talking back and forth about trading cars ? his x8 for your s13? i know he reposted that shit on craigs now, since he just got a s13. hit me up if you need some info. all the work we did on his x8 took place at my house. fun times..

-Jon

4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:11 PM   #34
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Yeah, I've been back and forth with Gio about his car and my car.

I wanna do the 5 speed, but I don't wanna do it... ya heard? LOL.

I just don't wanna get underneith cars anymore I think.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #35
4DOOR_LIFE
Zilvia FREAK!

4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough4DOOR_LIFE will become famous soon enough
dude i definitely feel you on that. i got lucky with my x7 n found a factory 5 speed chassis. used it as a parts car and converted another auto chassis into 5 speed(long story). i would definitely say his car pretty much knocks everything out of the way, but the motor might not be in the best condition. the 240 he got is pretty much a paper weight for the time being.lol.
4DOOR_LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #36
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Yep, I'm in the process of obtaining another car, dunno if I wanna go through with it though...

Old 03-01-2009, 02:12 AM   #37
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
+1 for mx73's. My old one was so freaking fun. Didn't' have the money or patience to go through with the r154 tranny swap and maybe even a 1jz or 2jz. Parts are harder to find too.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 02:21 AM   #38
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
man those box 80s cressidas look like shit compared to this setup
CAR FEATURE>> PJ BONIFACIO'S LOWDOWN CRESSIDA - Speedhunters

i honestly cant see myself buying one though. Theres not enough tuning scene behind it.. Id go first gen GS300 for a lil more than what the cressidas cost now.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #39
theicecreamdan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfectiontheicecreamdan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theicecreamdan
Cressidas sound really cool with a chopped up exhaust.

They are fun to drive with a welded diff.

That's basically all of my experience with them.
theicecreamdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
man those box 80s cressidas look like shit compared to this setup
CAR FEATURE>> PJ BONIFACIO'S LOWDOWN CRESSIDA - Speedhunters

i honestly cant see myself buying one though. Theres not enough tuning scene behind it.. Id go first gen GS300 for a lil more than what the cressidas cost now.
That's nice, this thread is about people that LIKE them.

Kthx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicecreamdan View Post
Cressidas sound really cool with a chopped up exhaust.

They are fun to drive with a welded diff.

That's basically all of my experience with them.
I will keep that in mind, although I'm looking at one with a supra LSD already in it, I'll probably put more clutch discs in it like my friend's IS300.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #41
HyperTek
Post Whore!

HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
That's nice, this thread is about people that LIKE them.

Kthx.
the small handful of bandwagon people?

hahah im messin
best cressida ever
http://vipstylecars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14829

Old 03-01-2009, 03:51 PM   #42
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Yeah that car is bad ass.

Old 03-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #43
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i've alwats thought those cars were pretty slick. i've wanted one for a sleeper daily beater for a long time. i thought a 1JZ swapped one with bolt ons would be awesome.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:49 AM   #44
origin_s135
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
origin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfectionorigin_s135 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i remember back in hs a friend of mine had one, and he did a supra swap. man that thing was a beast.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:40 PM   #45
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Awesome bump

YouTube - Mark Panic's Grey Cressida

More good news, I sold my red car today finally, so the Cressida will get better.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:35 PM   #46
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

This is for my application at jzxproject, they want pics of stuff and I guess I'll make a build thread.

My friend's awesome Cressida.

My car after a wash, I really hate how it looks stock. I can't wait to drop it, but all it takes is $$$

Parts going on the car

-R154
-New tranny swap stuff (waiting on driveshaft, and shifter)
-Battleversion toe rods from an MA70?
-FD rear sway bar, my Mazda friend said it looks like Racing Beat
-Spacers
-Steering angle spacers

There's more stuff I have lying around but that's the important shit, I already put my Nardi on.

Tires I guess I'll use on the car.

Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #47
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
I just picked up an '85 factory 5spd MX73 today, w00t! Super nice shell, some paint oxidization but otherwise 100% mint. A wetsand/polish should make it look good as new.

Might need a clutch in the near future, leaks some oil, CEL, but runs/idles peachy. Exhaust leak, AC needs recharged, but still factory 5spd MX73!!

*MIGHT* be for sale for anyone near DC, for the right offer, but unless I get a really compelling offer I'll sell my Miata and keep this thing. 80's dope.

EDIT: Pics tomorrow
WanganRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #48
Projexxx

Trader Rating: (0)
Projexxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey hang onto that x7 5sp. ive got a 3" exhaust for you. i had it on my x7 for like 2 weeks before i threw 2 rods out the side of the block. its got a megan canister on it...if i were to put it on a car id ditch the canister, add a perforated core silencer, a 3" to 2x2" Y, and run it super tight to the body all the way out. its been hangin out in my garage since like 2004. very light sparatic surface rust at most. im in philly pa suburbs. ill let it go for cheap too.
Projexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #49
HyperTek
Post Whore!

pretty soon people will be posting "stolen cressida" because these became popular and got magazine coverage lmao

falkon what are you waiting for? throw that ish on!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
pretty soon people will be posting "stolen cressida" because these became popular and got magazine coverage lmao

falkon what are you waiting for? throw that ish on!
I need money to do the coil swap, I'm gonna get the coilover swap kit from serial nine.

The 5 speed swap my friend is gonna do for me and weld the diff and do some other trick shit to it while he's doing the swap, that's why I'm waiting to do it, plus I don't have all the necessary parts to do it all.

It's my daily and I haven't had anytime for down time.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 PM   #51
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Good to see you got some stuff for your car,

can't wait to see it lower.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:50 AM   #52
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

WanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond reputeWanganRunner has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projexxx View Post
hey hang onto that x7 5sp. ive got a 3" exhaust for you. i had it on my x7 for like 2 weeks before i threw 2 rods out the side of the block. its got a megan canister on it...if i were to put it on a car id ditch the canister, add a perforated core silencer, a 3" to 2x2" Y, and run it super tight to the body all the way out. its been hangin out in my garage since like 2004. very light sparatic surface rust at most. im in philly pa suburbs. ill let it go for cheap too.
Well, if I sell it, it'll most likely go to a close friend, and he'd probably want your exhaust since the exhaust on the car is jacked up, and MX73 exhausts probably aren't easy to find.

Anyway, here are some pics of the car I picked up. Aside from oxidized paint, it's in REMARKABLE aesthetic condition. Pics were taken at seller's apartment building. Car is now safely home in my garage.

The interior is in CRAZY nice shape, it looks brand new:

Old 04-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #53
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews

Everyone has seen this, I am sure.

I would like to have a Cressida with a KA.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #54
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Eh, 5MGE > KA24DE

The 5MGE sounds so great naturally aspirated with decent pipes. Probably more parts out there for the KA, but if you're going to boost in a Cressy, you're probably more likely to just go 7MGTE or 1JZ anyway.
Old 04-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #55
Z33dori
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
Z33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfectionZ33dori is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
wow i never realized these were so pricey..

i'd like to get one for a daily... would be nice oh well
Old 04-06-2009, 03:22 PM   #56
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post

That car is my inspiration, I already have one pair of bronze weapons on the way.

Cressida with a KA would be DIRT. If I was gonna turbo it I would just get legal 7MGTE swap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanganRunner View Post
Eh, 5MGE > KA24DE

The 5MGE sounds so great naturally aspirated with decent pipes. Probably more parts out there for the KA, but if you're going to boost in a Cressy, you're probably more likely to just go 7MGTE or 1JZ anyway.
I think 7MGE > KA24DE... its more like 5MGE > KA24E... LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z33dori View Post
wow i never realized these were so pricey..

i'd like to get one for a daily... would be nice oh well
Yeah people are trippin asking more than $1,800 for a MX83 IMO. They're not THAT awesome, plus you still have to 5 speed swap them and crap.

This car is super budget build I got my car for a steal.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:45 PM   #57
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
I looked into getting a Cressida daily a couple years ago.

Even with the 91/92, its still alot of money to drop a 2J in. the Cressida forum talks about how easy it is, but its not so simple.
And sourcing parts for older/better looking cressidas is a pain in the but.

i would hate to have to "MOD" every fucking performance part.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #58
Taniguchi_Is_#1
Post Whore!

Taniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfectionTaniguchi_Is_#1 is close to perfection
^^ that's why the cressy owners are a select group that genuinely enjoy their cars. also why there's so many half done cressida projects everywhere.
Taniguchi_Is_#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:26 PM   #59
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Awesome bump

YouTube - Mark Panic's Grey Cressida

More good news, I sold my red car today finally, so the Cressida will get better.
Mark's new cressida >>> his old cressida lol. Makes great power!

Here's a vid from a few weeks ago. He' still getting it dialed in, but it's pretty neat.

YouTube - Mark Panic SouthSound Speedway
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #60
WanganRunner
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
I looked into getting a Cressida daily a couple years ago.

Even with the 91/92, its still alot of money to drop a 2J in. the Cressida forum talks about how easy it is, but its not so simple.
And sourcing parts for older/better looking cressidas is a pain in the but.

i would hate to have to "MOD" every fucking performance part.

Eh, 7MGTE goes into a 73 or 83 easily enough, and you can make a lot of power with a 7MGTE.

Getting suspension for an MX73 can be interesting, but the following has gotten big enough that it's a lot easier than it was a couple years ago.