Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 07:14 PM   #1
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sunroof Delete Panel

I understand its an old ass car but the horn just doesnt get the job done in dtown orlando. Going for an altima horn but not sure if the relay needs to be changed as well.

Last edited by brokeboi01; 01-19-2018 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Relay compatibility
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2018, 07:40 PM   #2
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You know horns are universal one-wire deals, right?

You're trying so hard.... and getting less cool for the effort.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:44 PM   #3
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
You know horns are universal one-wire deals, right?

You're trying so hard.... and getting less cool for the effort.
What about the relays? Are they universal as well or is there more to it? This is my first car so i have barely any knowledge of it regarding electronics.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 01-18-2018, 08:49 PM   #4
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
What about the relays? Are they universal as well or is there more to it? This is my first car so i have barely any knowledge of it regarding electronics.

what it sounds like you're saying is you are not qualified to make any decision about what sounds how - you get to carefully drive your car and maintain it and get to know it, and see how you do at that.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
what it sounds like you're saying is you are not qualified to make any decision about what sounds how - you get to carefully drive your car and maintain it and get to know it, and see how you do at that.
Irrelevant to the question but ok bud

Old 01-18-2018, 09:29 PM   #6
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Irrelevant to the question but ok bud

You're not old enough to have opinions about matters of automotive taste - pretty relevant to your question about your poor taste.

Read the FSM, and you'll find yourself not sucking at all sorts of things that pertain to cars.
Old 01-18-2018, 09:38 PM   #7
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You're not old enough to have opinions about matters of automotive taste - pretty relevant to your question about your poor taste.

Read the FSM, and you'll find yourself not sucking at all sorts of things that pertain to cars.
Lol alright egghead

Old 01-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #8
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Typical florida.

Anyways, spend $50 on a set of hella supertones or sharptones and never look back.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:46 PM   #9
oLemurs
Zilvia Member

oLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura aboutoLemurs has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I understand its an old ass car but the horn just doesnt get the job done in dtown orlando. Going for an altima horn but not sure if the relay needs to be changed as well.
a simple google search could have asnwered your question but stock relay is fine just cut the wire where the horn is and solder the new horn (just get a hella horn like all the subie kids) or just dont get a horn and get blast pipes.
Old 01-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
Wookie384
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Wookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really niceWookie384 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wookie384
I want a train horn, compressor and all!

But seriously, most cars are a simple one wire job, should be simple and you can look up Youtube videos on how to do it.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:34 AM   #11
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Man. . . admins be slacking, how is this shit now locked?

#dumbestthreadthisyear
Old 01-24-2018, 08:24 AM   #12
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Man. . . admins be slacking, how is this shit now locked?

#dumbestthreadthisyear
because some of us arent all knowing to every dumb thread that happens on Zilvia!

LOCKED!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Closed Thread