Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #61
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Bink Industries is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
If the OP has a few extra shanks lying around, I'll gladly buy two

if you are looking for some tapered monoball stubs for s chassis I should be getting some soon and I will sell them separate for anyone that wants to buy some. they are for a 3/4 inch monoball (spherical bearing)
Bink Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #62
kewilso3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kewilso3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsx13 View Post
Ahhh..no. They don't

Unless your calling the bolted section a pivot point. In which case you should probably tighten those bolts, because that sounds dangerous

Ahh..yes. They do. During caster adjustment. You tighten the bolts after adjustment to lock it in of course, I didn't think I'd need to explain all that.
kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:29 AM   #63
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsx13 View Post
Ahhh..no. They don't

Unless your calling the bolted section a pivot point. In which case you should probably tighten those bolts, because that sounds dangerous

I will have to agree. the factory had no intentions of people putting adjustable tension rods there and as you adjust your caster in this way with the stock FLCA it WILL begin to bind.

there is a small amount of room in the holes to acount for some misalignment but that will only take you so far. i beilve that is what your talking about.

hope that helps explain some stuff.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #64
kewilso3
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
kewilso3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by N8 of S-Empire View Post
I will have to agree. the factory had no intentions of people putting adjustable tension rods there and as you adjust your caster in this way with the stock FLCA it WILL begin to bind.

there is a small amount of room in the holes to acount for some misalignment but that will only take you so far. i beilve that is what your talking about.

hope that helps explain some stuff.
whether or not Nissan intended it, there is a range of adjustment there, and that is what allows adjustable tension rods to work. All LCAs I've seen that use oem style tension rods have this play built in. Yes you will bind eventually, but you can bind any setup eventually. There is plenty of adjustment for most people, and if you want more/less caster than you can get at the LCA, you should probably be adjusting it at the top hat anyway.

I'm not saying oem style is end all solution, or any better than other styles, I'm just saying that there is room there for adjustment without binding, which is true.
kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #65
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilso3 View Post
whether or not Nissan intended it, there is a range of adjustment there, and that is what allows adjustable tension rods to work. All LCAs I've seen that use oem style tension rods have this play built in.
I'm not saying oem style is end all solution, or any better than other styles, I'm just saying that there is room there for adjustment without binding, which is true.
the stock tension rods have a pretty good fit into the holes leaving almost no room for "adjustment" to that every car has the same caster (ie location of the tensioni to the FLCA, and again there was no intention for it and it was never built into it to adjust it.

what makes aftermarket adjustble tension rods work is that instead of using the the right size bolt in the two holes on the FLCA they use undersized bolts to give you more "wiggle room" that is the built in "play" that your talking about in the aftermarket units. that is not a good design from an engineering stand point

that being said. i had some on my car for YEARS and they worked fine and they do have some adjustment you are absolutely right.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #66
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

240sx flca Prototype - YouTube

here is the video you guys asked for. its not much but its something to look at.

Last edited by Bink Industries; 02-13-2013 at 12:47 PM.. Reason: video didnt post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #67
Beejis60
BANNED

Trader Rating: (4)
Beejis60 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Are you running a NASCAR style sway bar?
Beejis60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #68
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Are you running a NASCAR style sway bar?
No. it is a prototype that i made myself from scratch. this was designed specificly for 240sx. there is nothing like this on the market. It is totally my design (based on offroad/nascar style swaybars) made for drift cars and road racing cars alike. it bolts up in the stock location and will clear a least 65 DEGREES OF ANGLE. it will be avalible to the market soon.

there willl be two options one for sr ka with nismo power brace and one that will clear LS1.

it will be sold in the sub $300 range with additional center rates available for a fraction of the cost.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:01 AM   #69
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
No. it is a prototype that i made myself from scratch. this was designed specificly for 240sx. there is nothing like this on the market. It is totally my design (based on offroad/nascar style swaybars) made for drift cars and road racing cars alike. it bolts up in the stock location and will clear a least 65 DEGREES OF ANGLE. it will be avalible to the market soon.

there willl be two options one for sr ka with nismo power brace and one that will clear LS1.

it will be sold in the sub $300 range with additional center rates available for a fraction of the cost.
I don't care about angle.
But it looks like a nascar style 3pc but it's mounted a lot lower, obviously in stock location, from that camera angle. Spline bar/ends?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 PM   #70
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I don't care about angle.
But it looks like a nascar style 3pc but it's mounted a lot lower, obviously in stock location, from that camera angle. Spline bar/ends?

it is a nascar style, it is in the the stock location, but no it is not splined.
Old 02-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #71
Beejis60
BANNED

Quote:
it is a nascar style, it is in the the stock location, but no it is not splined.
How the hell are the side pieces mounted to the bar then?
Old 02-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #72
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Quote:
How the hell are the side pieces mounted to the bar then?

welding and bolts.